BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Posted: 5/21/2022 11:48:06 PM EDT
Into your hearts.

They Won

Literally everything. They won it all. They will continue to win it all. Then there’s you, the old boomer with his AR-15 and it’s big dumb buffer tube and spring.

Just accept SIG SAUER USA into your heart. Get it over with.
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 11:49:56 PM EDT
[#1]
They seem to have hired some people that can read RFQ’s
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 11:52:58 PM EDT
[#2]
I wouldn’t mind a couple of those. SIG’s doing good work.
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 11:55:00 PM EDT
[#3]
That grip looks like a bell bottom jean.
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 11:56:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That grip looks like a bell bottom jean.
View Quote

Someone's got his priorities straight.
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 11:57:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Their bribe game is outstanding.

Even a powerhouse like Colt had to rely on ingenuity to get contracts.
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 11:57:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 11:58:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Shitty guns and shitty coffee. What will brovets fuck up next?
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 12:00:34 AM EDT
[#8]
The 6.8x51mm/.277 Sig Fury is a crazy round for a carbine.  Full auto? F'get about it.
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 12:02:04 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Into your hearts.

They Won

Literally everything. They won it all. They will continue to win it all. Then there’s you, the old boomer with his AR-15 and it’s big dumb buffer tube and spring.

View Quote

Hold up. Does their rifle not have a buffer tube and spring?

Eta: They made a blowback SMG? That's what you're crowing about? The 1910s called, they want their TDP back.

EtaAgain(reading is for slack-jawed faggots): Piston? Locked breech? Is this new? Is this not something that could have been done by H&R in the 50s?
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 12:02:06 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Into your hearts.

They Won

View Quote

Sig was put on my back burner when they stopped making the stamped slides with roll pins for the P series.

The new stuff is nice, but they have gotten arrogant - like HK. That won't bode well for them in the long run.
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 12:02:07 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
The 6.8x51mm/.277 Sig Fury is a crazy round for a carbine.  Full auto? F'get about it.
View Quote

If the FBI can blame getting rolled by two bank robbers on 9mm the military can blame losing to Afghanistan on 5.56.
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 12:02:51 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 5/22/2022 12:03:43 AM EDT
[#13]
I'm not a retiring General looking for a kickback, so I'll stick with Glock.
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 12:03:52 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote
Sarcasm or are you just new?
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 12:04:26 AM EDT
[#15]
If their product is good, you don't need to convince me. The performance will speak for itself. When you have to tell me something is good, I question if it really is.
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 12:04:34 AM EDT
[#16]
Which gen are we supposed to accept?
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 12:05:15 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

If the FBI can blame getting rolled by two bank robbers on 9mm the military can blame losing to Afghanistan on 5.56.
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/22/2022 12:06:15 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Which gen are we supposed to accept?
View Quote
Gen 2 of course they'll support it for 87 days and then move onto the next greatest thing.
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 12:07:08 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

Give .gov BJs or monetary kickbacks.
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 12:07:23 AM EDT
[#20]
I carry a Sig.  

It feels cheap in my hands, but not my wallet.
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 12:09:22 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 12:12:38 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Into your hearts.

They Won

View Quote

You're a master of the genocidal leftist propaganda style.  

It makes me despise your message no matter what it is.   I hate what you love because of you.
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 12:13:31 AM EDT
[#23]
The Rattler has been in the US Mil and foreign Mil service inventory for some time now.  

Not in any large quantities that I know of, but definitely being used.

It's great for it's intended role.
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 12:14:08 AM EDT
[#24]
Nah. I'm good.
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 12:16:42 AM EDT
[#25]
SIG should be appreciated for being the only major manufacturer trying to over come bullshit gun laws. Weren't they the first to push braces? I remember they tried making barrels with integrated baffles that would only require a tube to finish the suppressor.
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 12:19:32 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 12:22:56 AM EDT
[#27]
I'm not sold on Sig but what's really interesting to me is the military's shift to piston systems.
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 12:25:12 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
SIG should be appreciated for being the only major manufacturer trying to over come bullshit gun laws. Weren't they the first to push braces? I remember they tried making barrels with integrated baffles that would only require a tube to finish the suppressor.
View Quote

Fun bit of knowledge, the original brace was designed by a gentleman here on arfcom.
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 12:25:18 AM EDT
[#29]
How much do they pay and are y’all hiring?

ETA:  what ever happened to the SURG that Sig won?
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 12:29:29 AM EDT
[#30]
Go Team SIG

FHK
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 12:32:17 AM EDT
[#31]
Lol sig is pure garbage compared to companies like B&T or H&K
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 12:34:42 AM EDT
[#32]
I don't mind the rifle really. It's a neat change and all. But the caliber.eh I'll pass. Expensive and that high of pressure sounds like a way to roast barrels.
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 12:36:26 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I don't mind the rifle really. It's a neat change and all. But the caliber.eh I'll pass. Expensive and that high of pressure sounds like a way to roast barrels.
View Quote

The drawbacks are things statistically useful in modern combat and the advantages are things that are statistically not relevant. Let's keep pretending individual soldiers make a difference instead of just supporting meat for the real weapons.
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 12:37:53 AM EDT
[#34]
Rattlers are fucking cool as shit.
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 12:39:43 AM EDT
[#35]
So was it the lowest bid or the bribes that did it ?
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 12:44:51 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote

FPNI
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 12:49:54 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

The drawbacks are things statistically useful in modern combat and the advantages are things that are statistically not relevant. Let's keep pretending individual soldiers make a difference instead of just supporting meat for the real weapons.
View Quote
That seems to be a lot of the general consensus on the caliber. Save for a few folks who finally get to feel validated after 60 years of hate toward the 5.56. But what do I know. And I mean that. I'm on the outside looking in, maybe there is something I don't know. But I do know I won't be giving up my 5.56 rifles anytime soon.
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 12:52:04 AM EDT
[#38]
Don't care about brand. As long as it uses 5.56 NATO/.223 remington, 9mm luger, or .22LR
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 12:52:21 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
That seems to be a lot of the general consensus on the caliber. Save for a few folks who finally get to feel validated after 60 years of hate toward the 5.56. But what do I know. And I mean that. I'm on the outside looking in, maybe there is something I don't know. But I do know I won't be giving up my 5.56 rifles anytime soon.
View Quote

Look at Ukraine. Drones, NLAWS, and Javelins are doing the killing while people armed with whatever make sure the launch team doesn't get rolled up on their flank or something. The WW1 gravelbelly mentality is stupid, was stupid when it was conceived, and continues to be stupid.

Going all the way back to Alvin York the military has had to manufacture stories to promote their bullshit concepts. Alvin York and his squad successfully outmanuevered and flanked a position. The whole "lone citizen soldier turned sniper in the heat of battle" mythos is more or less made up. Developing weapons systems around a mythos as opposed to collected data is stupid.
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 12:53:47 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 12:55:59 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Into your hearts.

They Won

View Quote

Sigs are nice but fuck their @ss r@ping prices. Their customer services suck @$$ too!
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 12:56:58 AM EDT
[#42]
The Cross is neat, nothing else by them really catches me.
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 1:01:49 AM EDT
[#43]
Decade or two ahead of you. At least with pistols.

Rifles, on the other hand, I don’t see an awesome track record. The new stuff seems a lot more promising than the 55X line.

I don’t understand the SIG bashing. Only thing that makes sense to me is other fanboys that need their preference to be the best to reassure themselves that they’re good enough, smart enough, and gosh darn it people like them. Cuz they’re just not logical.

It’s always “MIM made by funny sounding brown people, so it sucks!”  Forget that the exact same company makes jet turbine parts that are in their commercial airliners they fly in.

Or “don’t drop it!”  At a precisely -30 degree angle that would never occur outside of controlled conditions.

Or “they discontinue products!” I think their shortest lived product was the P290, which ran 6 years. And it needed to go away. Nobody bought it, so no one would be mad about it being discontinued.

Or the old, tired “high bore axis makes for big muzzle climb” while ignoring the physics that would make it true during recoil would also be in effect during the return to battery.

Or “Cohen is ruining SIG”. Funny that one doesn’t show up much anymore. If that were true, SIG would’ve disappeared (they probably only didn’t because of him), and Kimber would be awesome since he’s been gone so long.

I just don’t get it. Glocks are great guns. SIGs are great guns. HKs are great guns. SAI is a garbage company. None of these things are mutually exclusive, and none of them being true makes you or me better people or worth more.
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 1:02:22 AM EDT
[#44]
I mean they have the big army Rifle and Handgun contracts and the P365 dominates the CCW market which is IMHO the biggest segment of the civilian firearms sales right now.

Yes SIG won, I think the new Spear is cool but too expensive for me unfortunately.
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 1:05:48 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Into your hearts.

They Won

View Quote

Well, I suppose they hired the most retiring generals....
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 1:06:56 AM EDT
[#46]
I like SIG. I hope that they aren't going to be screwed by the green weenie. They have done a lot of good.
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 1:07:56 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 1:09:26 AM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 1:09:29 AM EDT
[#49]
Fuck Vista  Sig and Cohen.
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 1:11:30 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Decade or two ahead of you. At least with pistols.

Rifles, on the other hand, I don’t see an awesome track record. The new stuff seems a lot more promising than the 55X line.

I don’t understand the SIG bashing. Only thing that makes sense to me is other fanboys that need their preference to be the best to reassure themselves that they’re good enough, smart enough, and gosh darn it people like them. Cuz they’re just not logical.

It’s always “MIM made by funny sounding brown people, so it sucks!”  Forget that the exact same company makes jet turbine parts that are in their commercial airliners they fly in.

Or “don’t drop it!”  At a precisely -30 degree angle that would never occur outside of controlled conditions.

Or “they discontinue products!” I think their shortest lived product was the P290, which ran 6 years. And it needed to go away. Nobody bought it, so no one would be mad about it being discontinued.

Or the old, tired “high bore axis makes for big muzzle climb” while ignoring the physics that would make it true during recoil would also be in effect during the return to battery.

Or “Cohen is ruining SIG”. Funny that one doesn’t show up much anymore. If that were true, SIG would’ve disappeared (they probably only didn’t because of him), and Kimber would be awesome since he’s been gone so long.

I just don’t get it. Glocks are great guns. SIGs are great guns. HKs are great guns. SAI is a garbage company. None of these things are mutually exclusive, and none of them being true makes you or me better people or worth more.
View Quote

They never really marketed the 55x line all that much, and it was priced substantially higher than ARs. I'd LOVE to have a SIG 550 Sniper.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top