Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/17/2022 9:50:01 AM EDT
Watching youtube again and it got me in trouble.

Though I've heavily been in to R/C on and off again since I was 16, I've never really gotten into cars.  My first R/C car was a Grasshopper when I was around 8 years old, and later I built a Team Associated RC10 when I was 12.  I only had one NiMH battery for it though and no good way to charge (spent all my money on the kit), so I never really got into that.  Nitro was king back then for R/C cars.

Well, last night I finally ordered another one, an Arrma Typhon 3s BLX.  AMain had one on their "scratch and dent" page for only $310 with just outer box damage so I grabbed one.

I still got to buy some batteries as all I have on hand are 4s and 6s 1500s for my racing quads.  

From watching the videos of this Arrma, I really can't believe how far R/C cars have come.  People are jumping this thing ridiculous heights and distances and man, is it fast on just 3s.

Can't wait to get it!

Link Posted: 4/17/2022 11:49:00 AM EDT
[#1]
Yea. Brushless systems and lipos changed everything.

Make sure you read up on proper lipo charging and storage though.
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 8:32:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 7:09:03 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

You'll have a blast. Congrats. The Horizon Hobby sale got me. I have a Scorched RC GT Carbon Fiber chassis for my Limitless. Was gonna put everything from the current car on that but for $300 for another Limitless I couldn't pass it up. Youtube gets us all.
View Quote
I was really tempted by that too. I have the completely unused system that came out of my infraction. But then I thought what's the point? If I didn't want that 6s stuff in the infraction I'm not that interested in having it in a limitless. I also have my old xmaxx 8s stuff too though but that's probably not a great match either.

What are you putting in the new one?
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 12:58:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/25/2022 9:50:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Well, I just got the Typhon in on Saturday.  I ran down to the local hobby shop and picked up a (expensive) battery.  I have a few more on order.

Man, this thing is a beast!  Can't believe how fast it is for just a 3s battery system.  Compared to my old brushed Team Associated RC-10, this thing is worlds better.  Not just the quick acceleration, but the suspension and how it stears.  Very easy to go fast and not overcorrect.  

After a run on my street, I took it to an open field where some kids built a small BMX track.  It will take a little while to learn how to jump this correctly, but it can definitely get in the air easily.

Think I might have just found a new hobby.
Link Posted: 4/26/2022 7:42:48 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 4/29/2022 4:53:39 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 4/29/2022 10:23:36 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 4/30/2022 9:07:34 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Are they still on sale at A-Main?  
View Quote

Got mine for $309.00 in the scratch and dent section.  The outside box was a  little squished in one corner, everything inside was in perfect condition.  Great way to save $60.00 (or 17% off).
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top