Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/8/2021 9:33:40 PM EDT
Hey,

I wear beater watches like bertucci field watches, Vostok Komandirskie, Seiko SKX007K, etc. I have never owned more expensive watches but I would like a nicer watch to wear with dress clothes and for more formal events. I recently discovered the Junghans Max Bill watches and they have grabbed my interest.

Does anyone here have experience with them? Is it worth the roughly $1k price tag?

Any extra care/maintenance required?

I am watch retarded and that is why I stick with cheaper models so any info is greatly appreciated.
Link Posted: 9/8/2021 9:52:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Do you have an example of a particular model you like? We might be able to offer some suggestions. I’m not familiar with that brand personally.

ETA, I’ve heard of Junghans, but did not realize that Max Bill was one of their lines. Just looked it up. They seem extremely minimalist, which is not really my style, but they look to be built well.
This is about as minimalist as I go.
Link Posted: 9/8/2021 11:13:48 PM EDT
[#2]
My next $1000 watch

Link Posted: 9/9/2021 11:40:44 AM EDT
[#3]
I don’t own one but I do like them.  I believe they come with ETA movements.  Those are normally robust and easily serviced.

Check the grey market or used and possibly save a bit.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top