Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 1/21/2021 9:38:22 AM EDT
Worth the watch, this man knows his shit regarding weapons and ballistics. Totally took me by surprise.

Judge Joe Brown: James Earl Ray Didn't Assassinate Martin Luther King Jr (Flashback)

I don't know what the running conspiracies are about the MLK assassination. I'm sure some of you can chime in on that. But I had no clue there were conflicting reports and discrepancies this big.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 9:42:45 AM EDT
[#1]
I know he's a shooter as I know a manufacturer that built a custom gun for him.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 9:44:57 AM EDT
[#2]
Joe Brown can eat a giant bag of aids infected, razor studded, puss oozing BBC’s. He’s just another Shit Stain like Memphis.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 9:48:40 AM EDT
[#3]
A judge who had given James Earl Ray hope of getting a retrial in the assassination of the Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. has been taken off the case for appearing to be biased toward Mr. Ray.

Judge Joe Brown of Criminal Court has ruled on various petitions Mr. Ray has filed over the past four years in his effort to recant his confession that he shot Dr. King in Memphis in 1968.

Prosecutors said Judge Brown, 50, a Criminal Court judge since 1990, repeatedly went beyond the narrow legal questions raised in Mr. Ray's petitions. The state Court of Criminal Appeals agreed on Friday, saying Judge Brown ''continues to engage in a fact-finding mission.''

Comments that Mr. Brown made in newspaper and television interviews gave the appearance of bias against prosecutors, the court said.

Mr. Ray, who is serving a 99-year prison sentence, was captured in England four months after Dr. King was killed. He pleaded guilty in 1969 but almost immediately began trying to change his plea.

Judge Brown allowed new tests last year on Mr. Ray's rifle, which was found near the murder scene with Mr. Ray's fingerprints on it.

The tests failed to prove whether the hunting rifle was the murder weapon, though Dr. King was killed by the same kind of gun. Similar tests by the Federal Bureau of Investigation in 1968 and a United States House committee in 1978 were also inconclusive.
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 9:51:31 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:
Joe Brown can eat a giant bag of aids infected, razor studded, puss oozing BBC’s. He’s just another Shit Stain like Memphis.

Ahh, the dichotomy of GD
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 9:53:46 AM EDT
[#5]
Interesting.  He sounds very knowledgeable about the facts and presents his case clearly and to the point.  That's refreshing.  I don't doubt him one bit and, well, don't hate me for not trusting our government.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 10:06:06 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
The tests failed to prove whether the hunting rifle was the murder weapon, though Dr. King was killed by the same kind of gun. Similar tests by the Federal Bureau of Investigation in 1968 and a United States House committee in 1978 were also inconclusive.
View Quote

How the hell did they establish "same kind of gun" and what does that mean lol. "Same kind" as in; it was a rifle?
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 10:15:09 AM EDT
[#7]
It was actually a phased plasma cannon in the 40 watt range wielded by a time traveling Trump supporter racist.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 10:28:16 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

How the hell did they establish "same kind of gun" and what does that mean lol. "Same kind" as in; it was a rifle?
View Quote

I'm guessing same .308 diameter projectile.

Link Posted: 1/21/2021 10:36:10 AM EDT
[#9]
I honestly wouldn't be surprised if it was the CIA/FBI/Gov that killed MLK, they really hated the dude.

But so did a lot of racist assholes, and there was plenty of overlap between them.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 10:51:10 AM EDT
[#10]
The fact that they couldn't link the 760 Gamemaster rifle to the bullet recovered in MLK is reasonable enough for me to question the narrative.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 11:02:54 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

Did he send you up the river?
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 11:10:15 AM EDT
[#12]
It was a dream round.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 11:10:27 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I honestly wouldn't be surprised if it was the CIA/FBI/Gov that killed MLK, they really hated the dude.

But so did a lot of racist assholes, and there was plenty of overlap between them.
View Quote
Considering the fbi tried to get him to commit suicide via blackmail makes me very unsure of who really did it.

ETA when I say him I'm referring to MLK.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 11:12:36 AM EDT
[#14]
Again??
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 11:35:26 AM EDT
[#15]
Wasn't the guy that killed him a Democrat?
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 1:28:36 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Wasn't the guy that killed him a Democrat?
View Quote

No surprises there!
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 1:53:12 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

Oh my goodness gracious!
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 1:56:08 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote

Me neither. James Earl Ray was a fall guy. He had never successfully committed a crime and all of a sudden was a sniper with a fake passport and cash. It seems like a stretch
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 1:58:17 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
The fact that they couldn't link the 760 Gamemaster rifle to the bullet recovered in MLK is reasonable enough for me to question the narrative.
View Quote

Over the years I have read that the weapon used was a Winchester Model 70 in .30-06...........who really knows

Unconvinced that Ray killed him............and many in the King family dont believe it either
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 2:04:30 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Me neither. James Earl Ray was a fall guy. He had never successfully committed a crime and all of a sudden was a sniper with a fake passport and cash. It seems like a stretch
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ray committed a variety of crimes prior to the murder of King. Ray's first conviction for criminal activity, a burglary in California, came in 1949. In 1952, he served two years for the armed robbery of a taxi driver in Illinois. In 1955, Ray was convicted of mail fraud after stealing money orders in Hannibal, Missouri, then forging them to take a trip to Florida. He served four years in Leavenworth. In 1959, Ray was caught stealing $120 in an armed robbery of a St. Louis Kroger store.[9] Ray was sentenced to twenty years in prison for repeated offenses. He escaped from the Missouri State Penitentiary in 1967 by hiding in a truck transporting bread from the prison bakery.[10]

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Earl_Ray

I get what you're saying though. He was just a regular scumbag, not Jason Bourne.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 2:07:21 PM EDT
[#21]
The agency that tried to dig up dirt on the guy was the same agency that later investigated his murder... Im just saying that isn't 100% ethical.

and the guy who takes the fall goes from petty crook for self interest to targeted racial/political assination WITH international flight , fake passports, and bundles of cash...
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 2:12:20 PM EDT
[#22]
Jump to 3:17 for rifle details.

Link Posted: 1/21/2021 2:14:43 PM EDT
[#23]
MLK had a dream, JER had a plan...
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 2:16:51 PM EDT
[#24]
A certain Keith Gilbert that went by the name of "Diesel" on firearm forums in the early 2000s also had a conspiracy charge against him in the 60s when he helped plant multiple pounds of explosives under an auditorium that MLK was scheduled to speak on.

They martyred MLK in name only...
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 2:19:01 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Prosecutors said Judge Brown, 50, a Criminal Court judge since 1990,
View Quote

He’s been a criminal court judge since he was 19?
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 2:33:07 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

He's been a criminal court judge since he was 19?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Prosecutors said Judge Brown, 50, a Criminal Court judge since 1990,

He's been a criminal court judge since he was 19?

Old article. Notice that Ray is still referred to in the present (living) tense; he died in 1998.

Link Posted: 1/21/2021 2:38:11 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

Well, contrary to those movies and TV shows we've all seen, a lot of times bullets end up looking more like the one on the left than the one on the right

Ben Branch, musician and friend of MLK Jr. who was with him at the time of his death and witnessed the shooting, stated, "The bullet exploded in his face."

Now I don't know what that means, but I'm guessing it could mean there was a good bit of fragmentation upon impact, and the bullet didn't stay all nice and neat in one piece like we see on every episode of CSI: Miami
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 2:39:56 PM EDT
[#28]
M14s and suppressors are racist, they should probably ban them
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 2:42:34 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Ray committed a variety of crimes prior to the murder of King. Ray's first conviction for criminal activity, a burglary in California, came in 1949. In 1952, he served two years for the armed robbery of a taxi driver in Illinois. In 1955, Ray was convicted of mail fraud after stealing money orders in Hannibal, Missouri, then forging them to take a trip to Florida. He served four years in Leavenworth. In 1959, Ray was caught stealing $120 in an armed robbery of a St. Louis Kroger store.[9] Ray was sentenced to twenty years in prison for repeated offenses. He escaped from the Missouri State Penitentiary in 1967 by hiding in a truck transporting bread from the prison bakery.[10]

I get what you're saying though. He was just a regular scumbag, not Jason Bourne.
View Quote

To me, this sounds like the perfect fall guy. You can't really get any better than this unless you came across someone with a history of violent criminal offenses that just happens to not be serving a term in prison already.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 2:44:22 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Well, contrary to those movies and TV shows we've all seen, a lot of times bullets end up looking more like the one on the left than the one on the right

https://qph.fs.quoracdn.net/main-qimg-73825f50bbb77f675c6fa220d4011749

Ben Branch, musician and friend of MLK Jr. who was with him at the time of his death and witnessed the shooting, stated, "The bullet exploded in his face."

Now I don't know what that means, but I'm guessing it could mean there was a good bit of fragmentation upon impact, and the bullet didn't stay all nice and neat in one piece like we see on every episode of CSI: Miami
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://qph.fs.quoracdn.net/main-qimg-73825f50bbb77f675c6fa220d4011749

Probably it exploded his face. No one is going to see fragmentation of a rifle round on the surface of a face.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 2:49:25 PM EDT
[#31]
Everything I've always seen was the Remington pump 760. I never knew the caliber. It only stands out to me because my first deer rifle was the newer version the 7600. Shot a lot of deer with it with plain old yellow and green box Remington loads. I never saw a bullet shred like that, I've seen jacket separation and standard mushrooming, but never total frag. Maybe if you fired like 110 grain or 120 grain bullet from a magnum caliber, you'd get frag, but you'd also get really shallow penetration.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 3:01:52 PM EDT
[#32]
Article said Ray's finger prints were on the rifle, but the FBI report released by Trump stated Ray's prints were not on the rifle.  A photo copy of the report was included in the document dump on Kennedy and King.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 3:07:55 PM EDT
[#33]
Joe Brown did say the round was subsonic. Current examples are 200grn. I agree with the idea that what was witnessed was bone and flesh fragmentation, not bullet more than likely.

Projectile held enough form and energy to continue traveling around after initial penetration according to Brown's account.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 3:24:20 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 3:25:55 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Judge Brown allowed new tests last year on Mr. Ray's rifle, which was found near the murder scene with Mr. Ray's fingerprints on it.
View Quote
If I was going to shoot someone with a rifle, I wouldn't leave it laying around with my prints on it, i'd wear gloves and then drop it in the Mississippi.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 3:27:36 PM EDT
[#36]
another take on the ballistics/trajectory here

Forensic Surveyor Examines King’s Assassination
The television show “America Declassified” will take a look at the work of Jack McAdoo.
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 3:27:48 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

To me, this sounds like the perfect fall guy. You can't really get any better than this unless you came across someone with a history of violent criminal offenses that just happens to not be serving a term in prison already.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

On the other hand he was a career criminal, hated black folks, had already escaped prison, and then add in that lots of drivers licenses didn't even have a picture at this time. Couldn't have been too hard to fake a passport and hop a flight after living under fake names your whole life.

Who the hell knows.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 3:31:07 PM EDT
[#38]
Conspiracy tards

If the "gubment" wanted him dead for real, there were much easier and less spectacular ways that would invite much less suspicion available at their disposal than some using some cockamamie patsy and an XM-21 with subsonic ammo or whatever horseshit this clown is selling.  

Think house fire, "robbery gone bad", car accident on the highway, etc.

Mouth breathers here apparently think it takes a criminal mastermind to blast someone off a hotel balcony from 50 yards with a scoped 30-06
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 3:32:33 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
M14s and suppressors are racist, they should probably ban them
View Quote

Does this mean I have to get rid of my M1A or am I good?
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 3:39:23 PM EDT
[#40]
I was not aware that suppressors reduce supersonic velocities to subsonic.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 3:41:29 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Conspiracy tards

If the "gubment" wanted him dead for real, there were much easier and less spectacular ways that would invite much less suspicion available at their disposal than some using some cockamamie patsy and an XM-21 with subsonic ammo or whatever horseshit this clown is selling.  

Think house fire, "robbery gone bad", car accident on the highway, etc.

Mouth breathers here apparently think it takes a criminal mastermind to blast someone off a hotel balcony from 50 yards with a scoped 30-06
View Quote

I don't think anyone has raised any conspiracies here? The video is an account from a primary source (an actual Judge involved with the case) and everyone else seems to be discussing or presenting actual historical accounts.

Did you read the thread "tard"
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 3:46:20 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 3:46:33 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote

What? He stated they used "special subsonic ammunition with a suppressor to reduce the velocity to below supersonic". He obviously isn't implying the suppressor reduced the velocity, hence he mentioned subsonic ammunition first.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 3:46:59 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote

the whole city?

I'm so confused
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 3:50:38 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote

Meh, let's see the bullet. A high velocity rifle bullet can get real messed up.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 3:52:52 PM EDT
[#46]
The XM21 was first fielded in the 2nd half of 1969.

King was shot in April 1968.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 3:55:02 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View Quote

Some do. But those were on SMGs IIRC.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 3:57:58 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Did he send you up the river?
View Quote

This was my cell mate!Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 3:58:47 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

What? He stated they used "special subsonic ammunition with a suppressor to reduce the velocity to below supersonic". He obviously isn't implying the suppressor reduced the velocity, hence he mentioned subsonic ammunition first.
View Quote

I'm thinking the XM21 would need mods to run with subsonic.

But there also were no XM21s when King was killed. They were being designed in 1968.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 4:04:09 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

I'm thinking the XM21 would need mods to run with subsonic.

But there also were no XM21s when King was killed. They were being designed in 1968.
View Quote

Doesn't matter if you need to only take a single shot.  Plus you could run one with the gas system off for increased stealth and hand cycling for follow up shots.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top