Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/7/2023 7:36:58 PM EDT
Has anyone had this given name since Iscariot?

If so, why?

Link Posted: 4/7/2023 7:54:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Popular nickname among RHINOS ??
Link Posted: 4/7/2023 7:55:29 PM EDT
[#2]
I couldn’t tell you why, but plenty of people have had that name throughout the years. There were 23 baby boys given that name in the US in 2021 alone: https://datayze.com/name-uniqueness-analyzer?name=judas
Link Posted: 4/7/2023 9:37:02 PM EDT
[#3]
There was a band that had that name
Link Posted: 4/8/2023 8:06:01 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I couldn’t tell you why, but plenty of people have had that name throughout the years. There were 23 baby boys given that name in the US in 2021 alone: https://datayze.com/name-uniqueness-analyzer?name=judas
View Quote

Way more common than Adolf.
Link Posted: 4/8/2023 11:51:32 AM EDT
[#5]
There were two Judas's among the apostles. One Judas Iscariot the betrayer, the other Judas the Greater.
Judas Thaddeus preached in Mesopotamia Syria, and Lybia. In the English bible he is know as Jude. St. Jude is the patron of Hopeless cases.
Shame doesn't come from the name but the action of betrayal.  In this... sadly we all bring shame upon our names now matter how it's spelled.

Link Posted: 4/8/2023 6:39:20 PM EDT
[#6]
In the Latin world, I'd imagine this is an unpopular name under the Latinized-Greek spelling "Judas" for obvious reasons.

Outside of there, "Yehudi/Yehudit" is a bit archaic but still is a given Hebrew name for boys and girls in Israel, and also in the West typically in more religious communities.  The contemporary female name is still used in the Western world as "Judith/Judy".
Link Posted: 4/8/2023 7:27:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote
The only Adolf's I've ever met were very old men at the time.

I've never met a person named Judas.
Link Posted: 4/18/2023 11:13:41 AM EDT
[#8]
I have never in my 80 years known anyone named Judas.   “Jude” yes but no Judas
Link Posted: 4/18/2023 12:21:28 PM EDT
[#9]
Without Judas, there would have been no betrayal, no arrest, no crucifixion, no resurrection and no Christianity.

Link Posted: 4/20/2023 12:27:21 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
There were two Judas's among the apostles. One Judas Iscariot the betrayer, the other Judas the Greater.
Judas Thaddeus preached in Mesopotamia Syria, and Lybia. In the English bible he is know as Jude. St. Jude is the patron of Hopeless cases.
Shame doesn't come from the name but the action of betrayal.  In this... sadly we all bring shame upon our names now matter how it's spelled.

View Quote

Often believed to be the half brother of Jesus.

Good to see your post AF.
Link Posted: 4/20/2023 11:08:16 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Often believed to be the half brother of Jesus.

Good to see your post AF.
View Quote

The BVM didn't have other children.
Link Posted: 4/20/2023 5:24:16 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Without Judas, there would have been no betrayal, no arrest, no crucifixion, no resurrection and no Christianity.

View Quote

Yes. Judas inadvertently took one for the team so to speak to help fulfil prophesy.  I just wish he would have stuck around and repented instead of suiciding so he could have been filled with the strength of the Holy Ghost at Pentecost and went on to preach the Word.. satan and his earthly followers would have been extremely pissed at the irony of that scenario!
Link Posted: 5/6/2023 12:25:36 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I actually knew a man named Adolf Hitzler....imagine living with that.
Link Posted: 5/6/2023 4:43:48 PM EDT
[#14]
Jude (A Judas wrote a book of the Bible but it is called Jude by the Greek writers to avoid confusion), Judas, Judah. These are all the same name.
Link Posted: 5/27/2023 10:08:47 AM EDT
[#15]
Judas was a scapegoat.

If Jesus asked you to turn him in to the Roman's would you do it???

Does that make you a traitor or a loyal servant???
Link Posted: 5/27/2023 12:07:40 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Judas was a scapegoat.

If Jesus asked you to turn him in to the Roman's would you do it???

Does that make you a traitor or a loyal servant???
View Quote

Why would anyone ask for Judas to be turned over to the Romans?
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 11:15:32 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Why would anyone ask for Judas to be turned over to the Romans?
View Quote
It was against Jewish law to Kill one of their own. But they could turn to the Romans to send a message to their own people. The Romans found no guilt in Our Lord.
And in the grand scheme of things, if the Romans where Christs persecutors that would not have fulfilled all in the Old Testament. Judas committed no crime against Rome and he did the bidding of Satan and the Pharisees.
Judas anticipated a different kind of Savior. One who would over throw the Romans and give the Jews supremacy. This is documented in the history of the times of Christ.
Jews were only paying taxes to the Romans. But they had to make offering in sacrifice to the temples. The whole purpose of the coming of Gods only begotten Son was
the final PURE PERFECT SACRIFICE.
The Pharisees and Sadducees, were threatened and jealous of Christ. They were BLIND.. to God, who denied healing and forgiveness, only those who rejected HIM.
If you get a Douhey Rheims Bible that was written before 1960... the translation is different.
The betrayal of Christ by Judas (one who should have loved Him) cannot even be counted as the ultimate betrayal. Judas committing suicide, taking his own life and putting himself in the place of God, THAT was the ultimate betrayal. It took away God ability to forgive him, to give him grace, to allow Christ to be his judge.
It wasn't the 30 pieces of silver, it wasn't the misguided expectation that Judas had, that Christ would make an army to overthrow the Roman empire... Bad enough. It was his final act on this earth that condemned him.

THAT DENIES the HOLY SPIRIT. On this day of Pentecost...remember when we make choice of our free will... remember we are dust and not to make those life and death choices that only belong to God.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top