Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/8/2018 1:47:33 PM EDT
I’ve always cringed at the thought of buying an “expensive”, at least for me,  watch. I’ve been eyeballing a Hamilton Khaki Field Titanium Men's Watch H70575733.  And by far Jomashop has the best price.  But being as I have very little knowledge in this area, please help lol.

I’m aware they are a grey market dealer, but again very little knowledge on things like this can be dangerous.
Link Posted: 10/8/2018 2:01:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Personally I have spent too much money online buying watches with different retailers and private sellers. I wouldn’t have a problem buying a $600 watch from Jomashop. I don’t know if I would buy $10,000 watch from a grey market dealer though.
Good luck, it’s a great watch for the money!
Link Posted: 10/8/2018 2:10:50 PM EDT
[#2]
GTG
Link Posted: 10/8/2018 9:39:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Think I did okay, $600 shipped.  Can’t wait to get it in my hands.

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/8/2018 9:50:26 PM EDT
[#4]
The only way I recommend going to Jomas is if you are okay with losing money if it breaks. We have fixed way to many new watches that they have left their buyers stranded.
Link Posted: 10/11/2018 4:02:53 PM EDT
[#5]
I see you went somewhere else, but I'll reply anyway for anyone else that might stumble on this thread.

I've bought several watches from them (Hamilton and Omega) and I've been very pleased. The Omega Speedmaster I'm wearing now came from them over a year ago and it's been trouble free. It runs about 1-2 seconds fast per day so no complaints there. I figure I saved enough that if for some reason I needed to service it I'd still come out ahead. I've heard bad things about the Omega Service Center anyway.
Link Posted: 10/11/2018 5:04:45 PM EDT
[#6]
I bought a $500+ Hamilton watch from Jomashop. I was a first time buyer and I had no problems. I am happy with the watch.

I would do it again.
Link Posted: 10/12/2018 12:00:41 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I see you went somewhere else, but I'll reply anyway for anyone else that might stumble on this thread.

I've bought several watches from them (Hamilton and Omega) and I've been very pleased. The Omega Speedmaster I'm wearing now came from them over a year ago and it's been trouble free. It runs about 1-2 seconds fast per day so no complaints there. I figure I saved enough that if for some reason I needed to service it I'd still come out ahead. I've heard bad things about the Omega Service Center anyway.
View Quote
Glad this worked out for you.

I have a customer who bought two watches each for over $3k from Jomas and they both had issues. Jomas would not fix them at all. My company fixed both of them. But all the time he went threw and the trouble to get them fixed he could have bought the watches from an AD.

I have bought 3 watches under 200 from Jomas with no issues. I won't buy a watch that cost more than I am willing to lose.
Link Posted: 10/20/2018 6:31:18 AM EDT
[#8]
I bought a $500 dollar watch from them without a problem but if I was looking at a Rolex or something in that price range I'm buying local. There is something to be said about buying from a good local dealer when it comes to anything. I could have saved $60 overall if I had bought a set of tires online but I bought them from the local tire shop because they will rotate them for free every 3,000 miles since I bought from them. It's the service you pay a little more for.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top