BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 1/15/2021 9:25:13 AM EDT
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 9:27:25 AM EDT
[#1]
“Are you worried that guns will go bye bye, just because the candidate has clearly expressed his desire to do that?”

Uh...
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 9:27:52 AM EDT
[#2]
Maybe the rest of us should be scared. Of you.
View Quote

I'd actually prefer this.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 9:28:37 AM EDT
[#3]
Well maybe they should be scared? Fear keeps tyrants in check
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 9:28:57 AM EDT
[#4]
We're afraid of a government that increasingly restricts our rights.  But you wouldn't care, would you lap dog?
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 9:29:03 AM EDT
[#5]
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/15/2021 9:31:01 AM EDT
[#6]
They're voting with their wallets.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 9:31:58 AM EDT
[#7]
The simple answer: Tyranny
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 9:32:04 AM EDT
[#8]
Took me a minute to be sure it wasn't op who was askin'.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 9:32:11 AM EDT
[#9]
Yes, the new woke left is nice and cuddly. Their seizing power is not a cause for alarm...

oh wait, the left are the ones who enabled and encouraged the type of rioters who do shit like this

Link Posted: 1/15/2021 9:32:13 AM EDT
[#10]
There's that double digit IQ thing again...
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 9:32:20 AM EDT
[#11]
1. CWII
2. Revenge from the left with much random violence to the Trump supporters.
3. Things going down hill and the country looking like a 3rd world $hit hole.
4. Fear for the future.
Pick one.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 9:32:41 AM EDT
[#12]
That article makes me want to buy another gun.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 9:35:06 AM EDT
[#13]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 9:35:21 AM EDT
[#14]
Drama queen is queen of drama.  Want to be scared of me?  Fine.  Be scared.  Of me.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 9:37:37 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

Pmags might be a good idea too, before sleepy Joe outlaws 'em.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 9:38:46 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Now, in the wake of perhaps the most democratic and securitized presidential election in history, there is this:

View Quote

Securitized means divided up and packaged for sale as a financial instrument
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 9:38:49 AM EDT
[#17]
I think people are concerned about the seemingly never ending shit show our country has become. The lawless rioting in the blue cities, the ridiculous calls for defunding law enforcement, the deaconian kung flu lockdowns and the obvious voter fraud.

People sense that the powder keg is about to get lit and want to be able to defend themselves and their families.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 9:40:33 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
What are you afraid of? Serious question.

What are you afraid of that’s causing you to buy guns in such a frenzy? Causing you to stockpile weapons and ammunition like bread and water ahead of a storm? (Which I still don’t understand).

Gun store proprietors are giddy. They’re trying to keep up with you as best they can.

One Alabama gun store owner told my Al.com colleague Ramsey Archibald that gun sales are up 1,000 percent since last week’s terrorist attack on the U.S. Capitol by a delusional mob of folks who apparently believe the person with most votes shouldn’t win. Or that their vote counts for more than those of voters who chose differently.

They believe it because of the lies injected into them by the sore-loser, twice-impeached occupant of the White House—only for the next few days, thankfully. They believe it because of the dark cave of conspiracies in which they dwell.

Now, in the wake of perhaps the most democratic and securitized presidential election in history, there is this: “I think people are afraid,” shared a gun-shop owner in Blount County.

Of what? That guns may go poof during the term of President Joe Biden, who vowed during the campaign to address gun violence and tweeted he would “defeat” the National Rifle Association? Or maybe that someone will come knocking on your door and confiscate your arsenal?

Neither will happen, of course, but that doesn’t matter to those inhabiting an alternate universe of their own misinformed creation.

We watched bemused last week (though not at all surprised) as your delusional, anarchistic (and now increasingly criminally charged) brethren breached the U.S. Capitol and terrorized people inside and outside the building.

We shook our heads as rioters arrogantly returned to their homes as if they’d been chaperones on a school field trip.

Now, we chuckle as, one by one, they are arrested and charged for their lawless actions by the FBI.

Civil uprising? Nah. We’ve got more vital concerns—like healing and rebuilding all that was broken during the last four years, and over a much, much, longer time.

Like getting Americans vaccinated quicker and more efficiently.

Like addressing health and wealth disparities, rethinking policing, and, yes, gun violence, along with the conditions that lead to it.

Actions of sedition and insurrection? They’re more likely, unfortunately.

Maybe what should scare you most, as you stockpile weaponry and ammo, is staring at you in the mirror. Or living next door.

https://www.al.com/opinion/2021/01/johnson-hey-frenzied-gun-buyers-what-are-you-scared-of.html

View Quote

They have some really dumb writers
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 9:40:56 AM EDT
[#19]
Why should he be afraid? What are we going to do? Burn down their cities?

They already did that because a woman beater ate some fentanyl and meth and a rapist was shot while trying to kidnap some kids at knife point in a stolen car.

Maybe he should go kneel before a gangbanger or give some cash to Susan Rosenberg or something.

Link Posted: 1/15/2021 9:43:19 AM EDT
[#21]
gun stores are hardly "giddy" , their whole life is about to be turned on their heads ,will they take advantage of whats going on while they can , of course , how will they survive after they are forced from business
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 9:45:20 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 9:47:32 AM EDT
[#23]
That article makes me want to buy another lower, full parts kit, and some 10" PVC.

If anyone still subscribes to that paper, they should seriously stop feeding that beast.  Put the money to better use, like a few rounds of ammo.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 10:04:06 AM EDT
[#24]
What am I scared of?

I’m scared of mobs that spent the last couple of years burning down cities and threatening law abiding folks while the party that just took complete control of our government not only didn’t stop them, but praised and encouraged them.

I’m scared that that same party has continuously screamed about taking away constitutional rights, and that many fools in this country have been brainwashed into believing that’s a good idea.

Im scared that that same party has almost 100% control over the flow of information in this country, and that that same media has shown the willingness and ability to censor news that might damage that party as well as fabricating stories about anyone who disagrees with their carefully constructed narrative.

I’m scared that people who chant “Death To America” are praised and supported while those who chant “Make America Great” are dubbed terrorists.

I’m scared that liberal politicians are now viewed as above the law while they construct reasons to imprison (or worse) anyone who disagrees with them.

I’m scared that ideological differences in this country have gone so far past “we simply disagree about politics” to “anyone who disagrees with me should be killed”, and that the party seizing power thinks this is a good idea.

I’m scared that minorities in this country have been encouraged toward criminality and violence against people like me over entitlement based almost entirely upon mythology, and that the party seizing power supports this behavior.  

I fear that a small minority of wealthy legislators would like nothing more than to kill socioeconomic mobility to create a permanent underclass that they can manipulate by feigned acts of government largesse.

These things are all happening right now - you will see them if you can pull your face away from the yahoo news you’ve been watching on your phone.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 10:05:34 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Yes, the new woke left is nice and cuddly. Their seizing power is not a cause for alarm...

oh wait, the left are the ones who enabled and encouraged the type of rioters who do shit like this

https://static01.nyt.com/images/2020/07/03/us/00unrest-mayor01alt/00unrest-mayor01alt-videoSixteenByNineJumbo1600.jpg
View Quote

Troops. To keep the Middle in their place.

ETA: They used them like troops.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 10:09:40 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 10:11:05 AM EDT
[#27]
I've bought all I'll need for my self, my kids, and my grandchildren who aren't even born yet and I did it before the world went to shit last year
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 10:12:53 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Of what? That guns may go poof during the term of President Joe Biden, who vowed during the campaign to address gun violence and tweeted he would “defeat” the National Rifle Association? Or maybe that someone will come knocking on your door and confiscate your arsenal?

Neither will happen, of course, but that doesn’t matter to those inhabiting an alternate universe of their own misinformed creation.

Like addressing health and wealth disparities, rethinking policing, and, yes, gun violence, along with the conditions that lead to it.
View Quote

IOW, "You shouldn't worry - the government isn't going to ban your guns, but the government really is going to ban your guns."
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 10:13:42 AM EDT
[#29]
So pedantic, so condescending, I guess they must be correct!
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 10:18:50 AM EDT
[#30]
Now, in the wake of perhaps the most democratic and securitized presidential election in history
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/15/2021 10:22:39 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:Now, in the wake of perhaps the most democratic and securitized presidential election in history
View Quote

Hey, you can’t get much more “democratic” than mail in voting for everyone and you don’t even need to get the ballot in prior to Election Day
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 10:23:46 AM EDT
[#32]
Probably has nothing to do with our Gov. having to install a President via Military protection & accusing 75 Million Trump voters of being racist terrorist.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 10:24:57 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
gun stores are hardly "giddy" , their whole life is about to be turned on their heads ,will they take advantage of whats going on while they can , of course , how will they survive after they are forced from business
View Quote

In addition, many are having problems getting any stock to sell.  Can’t make money even if there’s high demand if you have no product.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 10:24:58 AM EDT
[#34]
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/15/2021 10:25:14 AM EDT
[#35]
Fuck you. You're not to heal shit.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 10:27:06 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 10:27:19 AM EDT
[#37]
"Get 'em skeered and keep the skeer on 'em" - General Nathan Bedford Forrest
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 10:29:53 AM EDT
[#38]
I fucking hate these people so much that reading things like that makes my stomach knot and my fists clench, and I'm normally an easy going happy guy.

Link Posted: 1/15/2021 10:32:33 AM EDT
[#39]

Now, in the wake of perhaps the most democratic and securitized presidential election in history, there is this:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Quoted:

I’d say that’s an accurate description of Biden.

Link Posted: 1/15/2021 10:32:39 AM EDT
[#40]
This is why I quit reading opinion pieces.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 10:34:39 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote

Looking at his article history shows that he's a race baiting shitbird, and using proper words would exceed the two watt capacity of his brain.

Although he was accidentally hilarious with that misappropriation of "securitized".
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 10:34:58 AM EDT
[#42]
What a racist, sexist person.

Link Posted: 1/15/2021 10:37:08 AM EDT
[#43]
No one believes all those lies.  Why impeach Trump days before a new administration is set to take over?  Why censor opposing speech if you're so confident the election was legitimate?  

You know exactly why the peasantry is arming itself.  One word...Tyranny.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 10:37:13 AM EDT
[#44]
Roy sounds retarded.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 10:39:29 AM EDT
[#45]
Trump's biggest flaw was feeding feel-good red meat to his base. The base loved it like a drug but the opposition hated it and became more polarized.

That writer is......feeding feel-good red meat to his base. The effect, in the long run, will be the same.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 10:40:35 AM EDT
[#46]
Now, in the wake of perhaps the most democratic and securitized presidential election in history,
View Quote

Liberals are just deluding(lying) themselves.

gun violence
View Quote

Liberals can't control themselves.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 10:42:46 AM EDT
[#47]
Roy Johnson. The new Joey Kennedy.

Meh.

I cancelled that rag years ago after subscribing for decades. Then they went to publishing three days a week. Three days for the largest circulation (and falling) newspaper in the state. What a joke. That's not news, that's history.

Link Posted: 1/15/2021 10:45:18 AM EDT
[#48]
LoL he thinks he’s separate and immune from all of this..... dumb bitch.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 10:46:32 AM EDT
[#49]
We're not scared.  We the people have the guns.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 10:47:27 AM EDT
[#50]
View Quote

Strange since it's Liberals like him that want to be able to rape, rob and maim without repercussions.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top