Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 5/14/2021 8:50:32 AM EDT
Yeah I know CNN link... if it bothers you find another...

How John Deere is helping Black farmers and their descendents take back unjustly seized land

Unjustly seized doesnt exactly sound like unjustly siezed...  sold by a descendant and legally acquired by someone else seems more accurate.

Oh wait! John Deere HR is involved... go figure.

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2021/05/14/business/john-deere-black-farmers/index.html
Link Posted: 5/14/2021 8:56:44 AM EDT
[#1]
good grief. stay in your fucking lane JD.
Link Posted: 5/14/2021 9:14:00 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm something of a cynic, but I can look into the future and see the possibility of this movement turning into a nightmare for white farmers, particularly in the south. If your land holdings go back to any of the old black estates, it's conceivable that it might not matter if it was purchased legally, the current woke bullshit could metastasize into 'reparations' in which whites have to give up their land. South Africa, here we come.

Wake up, Deere - the people that spend the most money on green shit don't give a fuck about your SJW bullshit.
Link Posted: 5/14/2021 9:17:07 AM EDT
[#3]
What the hell John Deere?  I just dropped thousands for a new green lawn tractor last month.
Link Posted: 5/14/2021 9:18:59 AM EDT
[#4]
Their magazine "The Furrow" has been getting more woke by the issue.
Remember, they are a globalist company. No different than Nike or any of the rest.
Link Posted: 5/14/2021 9:20:15 AM EDT
[#5]
Companies makes all this stuff so complicated. It's really very simple.

I'm company XYZ and we make widgets. "Ok Company XYZ, what do you think about the latest SJW trend?"

No idea, we make widgets. "But, but...what about the trend?" We make widgets. Wanna buy some widgets?

See...simple.
Link Posted: 5/14/2021 9:20:22 AM EDT
[#6]
Just look at South Africa for what's to come.
Link Posted: 5/14/2021 9:21:11 AM EDT
[#7]
LOL....I wonder if they are helping the indigenous people of Brasil get back their land too?
Link Posted: 5/14/2021 9:21:56 AM EDT
[#8]
Just went out and set my tractor on fire. Fuck JD.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/14/2021 9:23:35 AM EDT
[#9]
My take away from the article:

Who ever thought land fractions were a good fucking idea?

Jfc.  This is government fuck up all over it.

And Deere just wants more people to extract a payment out of.  Black, white, red, tan, whatever.

Can you blame them?
Link Posted: 5/14/2021 9:23:58 AM EDT
[#10]
I'm actually thankful when companies tell me that they no longer want my business.
Link Posted: 5/14/2021 9:24:23 AM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I'm company XYZ and we make widgets. "Ok Company XYZ, what do you think about the latest SJW trend?"

No idea, we make widgets. "But, but...what about the trend?" We make widgets. Wanna buy some widgets?

See...simple.
View Quote

Sooooooo simple. I never understood why a company would take a stand on an issue. Stick to doing company shit.
Link Posted: 5/14/2021 9:24:46 AM EDT
[#12]
Whose land does JD’s offices/factories sit on?
Link Posted: 5/14/2021 9:25:03 AM EDT
[#13]
Reading the article it seems it's clearly a legal issue and shouldn't be conflated as a race issue. It can and likely does haplen to white heirs also.
Link Posted: 5/14/2021 9:25:18 AM EDT
[#14]
the farmers have already been looking toward fendt so they might not wanna go down that road
Link Posted: 5/14/2021 9:25:56 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

That is what GPS guided autosteer is for
Link Posted: 5/14/2021 9:26:39 AM EDT
[#16]
View Quote

stand back when those tires go. can be a bit dicey. nice combine, though
Link Posted: 5/14/2021 9:27:50 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

It is their lane.

More land owners = more suckers for a payment.  Especially in situations like this.  New land owner. No idea what the fuck to do.  Your local Deere dealer will take very good care of you.... of course you need all this equipment...
Link Posted: 5/14/2021 9:28:30 AM EDT
[#18]
Wait, does the land belong to African American's, or Native American's? I'm confused.
Link Posted: 5/14/2021 9:28:41 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

thats more stay in your row/swath lol
Link Posted: 5/14/2021 9:28:53 AM EDT
[#20]
If anyone isnt aware that JD went full commie years ago then you're not paying attention.

I've spent my last dime buying their equipment. I have a bit longer letting them milk me on repairs of some leftover owned units then after that no more not ever.
Link Posted: 5/14/2021 9:30:20 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

Some chinese peasants...
Link Posted: 5/14/2021 9:31:19 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

It is their lane.

More land owners = more suckers for a payment.  Especially in situations like this.  New land owner. No idea what the fuck to do.  Your local Deere dealer will take very good care of you.... of course you need all this equipment...
View Quote

break the average farm size down in acreage with more owners and there will be less demand for million dollar machines.
also opens the door for all the kubotas, tym, kioti mahindras to gain back market share.
Link Posted: 5/14/2021 9:31:31 AM EDT
[#23]
There is history...

JD has been a huge target for a specific group of racists who basically allege that there is a farming gap among blacks and that gap is due to exclusion from land, loans, access to seed, access to tractors and equipment, and a lack of training.

These groups are effective at extortion and just got black farmers loans forgiven...only black loans.

They won huge money years back, from the fed gov in a lawsuit based on alleged discrimination in farm programs.  

Now, they are riding a wave of money and are going after companies like JD, alleging they refused to loan money and finance tractors which caused long term racial inequality.  

JD already caved and paid them once...more will be extorted.
Link Posted: 5/14/2021 9:31:36 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 5/14/2021 9:31:40 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Reading the article it seems it's clearly a legal issue and shouldn't be conflated as a race issue. It can and likely does haplen to white heirs also.
View Quote

Are you offering odds on JD providing the same support to those poor white sharecroppers?
Link Posted: 5/14/2021 9:32:04 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

See...simple.
View Quote

Needs to be repeated over and over.

As a person, I have political views.

As a business, I only care if the payment completes successfully.
Link Posted: 5/14/2021 9:32:13 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/14/2021 9:35:57 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 5/14/2021 9:38:29 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 5/14/2021 9:39:57 AM EDT
[#30]
View Quote

That's a combine....did you set your tractor on fire too
Link Posted: 5/14/2021 9:40:43 AM EDT
[#31]
Well after reading that article you’d think all blacks are lazy and dumb and that lynching and mob violence is happening today forcing blacks to leave.
Link Posted: 5/14/2021 9:41:47 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 5/14/2021 9:44:59 AM EDT
[#33]
View Quote

Your a Gawdamn Stormtrooper, that's what you are!

Link Posted: 5/14/2021 9:48:12 AM EDT
[#34]
Overpriced green crap.
Link Posted: 5/14/2021 9:48:46 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Well after reading that article you’d think all blacks are lazy and dumb and that lynching and mob violence is happening today forcing blacks to leave.
View Quote

That isnt the case??? Hmmmm... wonder why that stereotype  is pushed by the MSM then...?
Link Posted: 5/14/2021 9:51:30 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote

This. I'm American Indian. When do I get my land back?

Fuck JD. I bought a CAT.
Link Posted: 5/14/2021 9:52:01 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Did they allow someone to self-identify or did they perform inspections in front of a board or something and rendered a judgment on the person's race?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:These groups are effective at extortion and just got black farmers loans forgiven...only black loans.

Did they allow someone to self-identify or did they perform inspections in front of a board or something and rendered a judgment on the person's race?

Go to the Ag office in person to submit the paperwork...the receptionist will decide...

Kinda joking...kinda.
Link Posted: 5/14/2021 9:53:28 AM EDT
[#38]
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/14/2021 9:53:35 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yeah, I'm sure there are no white farmers who died without a will, or were taken advantage of by some slick talker in a suit.  

Seems like a colossal fuckup in general, with screwy inheritance laws.  Nothing to do with race.

At some point, wouldn't the guy with the small fraction loose his share due to not having actual title or something?
Link Posted: 5/14/2021 9:56:37 AM EDT
[#40]
Um, if it was unjustly seized, then what's the issue?  Go scorched earth.

Some of you people here...
Link Posted: 5/14/2021 9:57:41 AM EDT
[#41]
Two months ago I gave those fuckers $45k.  I didnt want a JD machine, but I kinda had to.  Now this.
Link Posted: 5/14/2021 10:01:59 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Um, if it was unjustly seized, then what's the issue?  Go scorched earth.

Some of you people here...
View Quote

They are making it a race issue.  It's not a race issue, but a weird inheritance law issue.  Assuming the article is accurate, it sounds fucked up and should be corrected.  But it's not a "that poor black farmer" issue, it's a "that farmer is getting fucked" issue.
Link Posted: 5/14/2021 10:03:12 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

That's a combine....did you set your tractor on fire too
View Quote

Work with me here, brah.
Link Posted: 5/14/2021 10:10:42 AM EDT
[#44]
What s good marketing move.  Cater to 0% of the people who will buy your green and yellow shit.
Link Posted: 5/14/2021 10:14:14 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Hope not at a box store. You bought something green that costs like a Deere but is made by MTD if so.
View Quote

Not a big JD fan but, they do make their own stuff I believe.  I was told they have two factories.  The one in TN makes the budget equipment.
Link Posted: 5/14/2021 10:15:33 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Needs to be repeated over and over.

As a person, I have political views.

As a business, I only care if the payment completes successfully.
View Quote

If I had control in a board room or just as the head of a business and someone mentioned responding to any political statement they would immediately lose their job.

Link Posted: 5/14/2021 10:16:05 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Just look at South Africa for what's to come.
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/14/2021 10:24:40 AM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 5/14/2021 11:23:48 AM EDT
[#49]
View Quote

Tractor???  
Link Posted: 5/14/2021 11:25:07 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I'm something of a cynic, but I can look into the future and see the possibility of this movement turning into a nightmare for white farmers, particularly in the south. If your land holdings go back to any of the old black estates, it's conceivable that it might not matter if it was purchased legally, the current woke bullshit could metastasize into 'reparations' in which whites have to give up their land. South Africa, here we come.

Wake up, Deere - the people that spend the most money on green shit don't give a fuck about your SJW bullshit.
View Quote

I don’t see many people here giving up their land without trouble
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top