Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/23/2022 8:43:11 PM EDT
Anybody watch Joe Pickett?  Few lapses from the books.   It’s like they don’t have knowledgeable advisors.  Wouldn’t that be a surprise.  Instead of a shotgun they gave Joe a 22.
Link Posted: 5/23/2022 8:44:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Couldn’t watch more than 15 min. It sucked.
Link Posted: 5/23/2022 8:53:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/23/2022 8:54:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/23/2022 9:22:36 PM EDT
[#4]
I think the author backed out of one series on one of his books because they fucked up his plot.   Looks like he caved this time.   Joe usually carries a shotgun instead of a rifle.   His best bud is NOT a black guy.  Good books, hope they didn’t fuck them up too bad.
Link Posted: 5/23/2022 9:25:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I like those books but after seeing the series based on his female sheriff investigator I was afraid to look.

The investigator is a divorced (I think) kind of heavy set woman who tracks a pair of killers through determination and cunning.  The tv series is two hot chicks, one black, both having sex with the same man. They get into a cat fight in a bar before the first commercial. It's a real insult to the book's hero, who is a professional acting police officer.

I heard they made Pickett's side kick black. There's nothing about the character that really requires him to be white but you know the Tv producers said "oh two white guys from Wyoming, that's not okay."
View Quote

I stopped reading the female investigator book halfway through.  I did not care for it at all.
Link Posted: 5/23/2022 9:26:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Couldn't finish the first episode.
Link Posted: 5/23/2022 9:28:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 5/23/2022 9:41:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I listened to them as audiobooks while commuting and had time to kill. They ain't no Jack Carr novels
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I stopped reading the female investigator book halfway through.  I did not care for it at all.
I listened to them as audiobooks while commuting and had time to kill. They ain't no Jack Carr novels

I didn’t realize there were so many. I read Back of Beyond and half of The Highway before it pissed me off and I quit.

She wasn’t even in Back of Beyond if I recall.  Bait and switch.
Link Posted: 5/23/2022 9:42:08 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I think the author backed out of one series on one of his books because they fucked up his plot.   Looks like he caved this time.   Joe usually carries a shotgun instead of a rifle.   His best bud is NOT a black guy.  Good books, hope they didn’t fuck them up too bad.
View Quote

The first half dozen or so books were ok but the formula is wearing thin. Joe is the governor’s bitch and gets sent out to do things that don’t have much to do with being a game warden. He gets in over his head and his over the top buddy, Nate Romanski, comes to the rescue. The thing about wrecking the pickup trucks is played out too.
My advice to Mr. Box is give Nate his own series of books and send Joe to Gunsite or Thunder Ranch so he can learn to shoot.
Link Posted: 5/23/2022 11:39:12 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Anybody watch Joe Pickett?  Few lapses from the books.   It's like they don't have knowledgeable advisors.  Wouldn't that be a surprise.  Instead of a shotgun they gave Joe a 22.
View Quote
Quit trying to find a place to watch it the moment I found out Romanowski was black. Just retarded.
Link Posted: 5/23/2022 11:42:29 PM EDT
[#11]
Wife and I tried to watch the first episode this evening. We’ve both read the first 5 or 6 books. We made it about 10 minutes before we shut it off. The acting was terrible.
Link Posted: 5/24/2022 12:01:17 AM EDT
[#12]
kinda like the show, but never read the books.  The actor reminds me of johhny knoxxville.
Link Posted: 5/25/2022 10:00:36 AM EDT
[#13]
It won’t let me watch but the first 3 episodes.  Is that all anyone can see?
Link Posted: 5/25/2022 10:05:03 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

This, wanted to like it but it was almost painful to watch.
Link Posted: 5/26/2022 12:16:26 AM EDT
[#15]
Free on PlutoTV right now.
Link Posted: 5/26/2022 6:21:08 AM EDT
[#16]
I remember starting the first episode and turning it off, but I don't remember why.
Link Posted: 5/26/2022 6:51:58 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

Same here.
Barney Fife was better off as Andy’s Deputy and shoulda stayed in Mayberry.
Link Posted: 5/26/2022 6:55:01 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
It won’t let me watch but the first 3 episodes.  Is that all anyone can see?
View Quote

They drop new episodes on Sunday
Link Posted: 5/26/2022 6:59:02 AM EDT
[#19]
I like it, mostly for the scenery and I think the actor, Michael Dorman, has a Raylan Givens vibe.

Some of the supporting acting is amateurish,  and the show made sure to check all the diversity boxes.

Link Posted: 6/10/2022 2:28:52 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 6/10/2022 8:01:32 AM EDT
[#21]
Episode 2:

You stoopid game warden, this is just a dead body. Why should we send physical evidunce to the lab? We've had over 2 murders in the last half century! You think we gots time for this stuf?
Link Posted: 6/10/2022 8:16:38 AM EDT
[#22]
"Ote ever hunt with a bow?"

"No! Ote was a man, he killed his elk with a gun like a normal person!"

This show feels like it was written by somebody who's never been more than a half mile from an apartment building in his life.
Link Posted: 6/10/2022 8:39:12 AM EDT
[#23]
The books were decent and entertaining up until the end of the last one. Time to move on.
Link Posted: 6/11/2022 9:24:40 AM EDT
[#24]
Wow. Mother in law reeeeeeeeally hates men.
Link Posted: 6/11/2022 1:32:02 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 6/12/2022 2:46:12 PM EDT
[#26]
Ive watched every episode and to be honest, it sucks. SO MANY holes, mistakes, horrible acting, and the plotlines? Its a fantasy, theres no way in hell some of that shit is going to happen and work out the way they play it. Very first scene was so FAKE its pathetic. Those elk he ran out of the haypen? CGI animals and BAD ones at that. Ive seen better fakes made 40 years ago. Take the GWs gun away, wrestle around a little, then get let go with a ticket? YEAH RIGHT! And the lead actor Joe? Hell Ive seen wet toilet paper that was tougher than the actor they picked. Get beat down by the mafia muscle and then get up and crawl away? BULLSHIT! The flashback scene to when he got the 22 for Christmas? Well that was a LEFT HANDED gun when he unboxed it but it magically changed to a right handed gun? I don't know how his wife got pregnant, hes obviously got a mangina and not a penis.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top