Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/6/2021 1:25:46 AM EDT
Police already are looking the other way when black people commit crimes. This should make it even more common.

If you like your homicide rate, you can keep your homicide rate.

https://www.lawofficer.com/joe-bidens-nominees-meeting-with-defund-the-police-activists/

Joe Biden’s nominees to run the Treasury Department held their first meeting Monday with radical racial and economic justice activists.

Treasury Secretary-designee Janet Yellen and Deputy Treasury Secretary-designee Wally Adeyemo “reaffirmed their commitment to placing racial equity at the center of economic recovery, focusing on the households, businesses and communities hardest hit by the pandemic, and to pursuing economic policies that address the long-term, systemic and structural issues that have led to the racial wealth gap and economic disparities that exist today,” the Biden-Harris transition team said about the virtual roundtable.

Among the participants were activists who have supported the “defund the police” movement, such as Black Lives Matter co-founder Alicia Garza, Color of Change President Rashad Robinson and National Director of the Working Families Party Maurice Mitchell, Fox News reported.

Garza, who also founded Black to the Future, met with Yellen and Adeyemo Monday and defended the movement.

“This movement, which really helped to push [Biden’s] campaign over the finish line, was used as a political football all throughout this election cycle and that was true in 2016 as well,” Garza told Politico last week.

“There’s a lot of valuable airspace that was used to be condescending to the very people who have opened the imagination of what this country can be — and how we can get closer to the promise that this country has offered to so many.”

Yellen said at an event earlier this month that the Biden administration has an “obligation” to “address deeper structural problems” like racial and gender inequality.

“Out of our collective pain as a nation we will find collective purpose to control the pandemic and build our economy back better than before, to rebuild our infrastructure and create better jobs, to invest in our workforce, to advance racial equity and make sure the economic recovery includes everyone,” Yellen said.

Link Posted: 1/6/2021 1:29:22 AM EDT
[#1]
Attachment Attached File

Do it!  Send send in the Social Workers
Link Posted: 1/6/2021 1:13:25 PM EDT
[#2]
It’s funny to see some of the liberal places of the country walking back their earlier “defund the police” comments. The morale problem they have created in their own local departments has caused the departments to “defund” themselves by officers quitting in droves and the departments not being able to replace those quitting due to very few applying.

I’m all ready to see the social workers start dying for the cause. We’ve been dying in the line of duty for years....now it’s their turn. Someone needs to start a “Social worker down memorial page”. Of course, it will never get to that point because social workers are not known for bravery or a willingness to fight. Currently medical personnel wait for LE to secure the scene before responding in. It’ll be funny when social workers start demanding LE secure the scene for them....and while we are doing so, they will be trying to film us to make us look bad. I’m a patrol supervisor and I can’t wait for the day I get to deny a request from a social worker to secure the scene for them.
Link Posted: 1/6/2021 9:32:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Yeah, I’m just going to sit back, collect my paycheck and laugh when it all goes to shit.  Again.
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 6:18:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Good! Other than the several things a day I get called to handle which have nothing to do with LE, I want people to get the police that they ask for. I'm 26 years in and could have left 6 years ago with a full pension and never having to hold a job down if I didn't want to.

J-
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 7:41:04 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It’s funny to see some of the liberal places of the country walking back their earlier “defund the police” comments.
View Quote

Everything in NYC's big "defund the police" plan was either scrapped, backtracked, or never implemented within two months.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 8:13:59 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Everything in NYC's big "defund the police" plan was either scrapped, backtracked, or never implemented within two months.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It’s funny to see some of the liberal places of the country walking back their earlier “defund the police” comments.

I am hoping NYC goes hard left for the next Mayor.

I mean hard left.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 2:25:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Good, I hope they cut all police budgets 50% nationwide.  Let the fun begin.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 1:51:44 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I am hoping NYC goes hard left for the next Mayor.
I mean hard left.
View Quote

My money's on Eric Adams, he's not as left as Billy though.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top