Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Tacked Jeep Pics - Let's see em! (Page 51 of 60)
Page / 60
Link Posted: 5/6/2022 10:34:02 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By SenditDoc:
I see several gentlemen in here are very knowledgeable with the mechanics of the jeeps. I am a newb but learning quick. We were hitting the trails, I was in 4Hi and feathering the clutch.... it was smoking and smelled bad. I learned from a cpl guys there that I should be in 4Lo and definitely don't feather the clutch, either in or out. They also told me it sounded like my clutch was slipping a little. Let it cool off then Finished the rest of the day using their advice and did well. Reverse is now hard to get into... and a cpl of the gears grind slightly getting into them.
I have a question-
Is there fluid that I toasted and should change to see if it fixes any clutch issues, before I take it to the stealership and have them diagnose it?

Any other recommendations or suggestions after coming off some pretty serious trails ( for here in MI..) lol

I did have my front E-locker stick while locked, that was a fun trip back home.... I got it home, took off the front diff cover, drained old nasty fluid, cleaned up everything with some brake cleaner. Got the E-locker unstuck. Turned it on and off a cpl times with the diff cover off, everything working as should. Sealed up and reinstalled the cover, refilled with Lucas hi-performance 80-90 gear oil and all is good with the locker and diffs. As bad as that front fluid was, I'll definitely be doing the rears today.
View Quote

What Boomer said for the clutch MX. You can try a fluid change if you want (I mean, it can't hurt...) but it's unlikely to fix the problem. It is easy, though.

In general, when in doubt, run it in 4L. There's no problem running 4L in 5th gear to run down faster chunks of the trail, but you don't really want to have to try to shift from 4H to 4L on the tricky bits, nor do you want to have the issue you're having. Same thing, IMO, with the lockers. If you think there's a small chance you might need 'em, just use 'em. There are absolutely times and places to kick them on and off, (think tight turns up steep climbs) but in general when in doubt, use the tools you have.

It is just way better to be in 4L/locked and at the top of the hill than try to climb it in 4H/unlocked and break something or stick yourself badly enough that you need to winch/get pulled.

This is also where I say my 2002 is still on the factory clutch.
Link Posted: 5/7/2022 5:36:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Did a 5-tire rotation and installed a JT Rubicon bash plate. The factory jack and AEV jack base worked surprisingly well.

Link Posted: 5/11/2022 8:55:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: drobs] [#3]
Took the top off yesterday. Left the doors on as I don't have a mirror yet.

Attachment Attached File

Today, I thought to myself - can I drive my Jeep standing up?

Sort of:

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/Ssk_418Y8-Y

Attachment Attached File

My tictac
https://www.tiktok.com/@drobst4r
Link Posted: 5/11/2022 9:06:34 PM EDT
[#4]
The beach wasn't terrible this week

Link Posted: 5/12/2022 8:15:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/12/2022 9:11:58 PM EDT
[#6]
More to come.

Link Posted: 5/16/2022 10:32:45 PM EDT
[#7]

Strongly recommend Franklin State Forest next to Monteagle / Swanee. Tons of tracks, lots of bog holes, powerline track is fun and has some good climbs.

photos taken by @amped
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 12:36:05 PM EDT
[#8]

Looking good man. Can’t wait to do it again
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 11:08:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Did some exploring in the woods, and then bought some KBD fenders

Link Posted: 5/19/2022 12:10:20 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 5/19/2022 12:11:01 PM EDT
[#11]
Mounted up my Midland GMRS radio to the jeep.
https://www.basspro.com/shop/en/midland-mxt105-micromobile-gmrs-2-way-radio

Using this microphone mount:
https://www.amazon.com/Areyourshop-75WXST-Passenger-Wrangler-2011-up/dp/B0776R71QB

And this video:
CB Radio Microphone Mount Install and Review for Jeep Wrangler!

The 2 bolts in the "since 1941" trim piece on the grab handle are there for looks only. No need to remove them.  

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/23/2022 8:49:27 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 5/23/2022 9:38:35 AM EDT
[Last Edit: fish223] [#13]
Link Posted: 5/23/2022 10:01:09 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By fish223:
Finally, finally! had time for a long neglected project, this past weekend.
In summer 2020, saw a new JL with an awesome bumper, the Venator by Rugged Ridge.
Fell in love, looked awesome, had a lo-profile winch mount, just perfect for me.
Sadly, not designed for the JK
Then, I think in this very thread, around Christmas 2020 @Eleven-Hotel posted a pic of his JK wearing the Venator!

I thought I was imagining things, so I reached out, and yes, it was the Venator on a JK, and he was kind enough to share tips and pics of the mods necessary to make JL bumper work on JK!

Ordered the bumper, and all the necessary stuff for the mods, and then it sat. And sat. And sat some more, for over a year, until finally I had an entire day, no other obligations, and good weather.

Man, I love it. It is so exactly right for me, and I am so psyched that I got it done.
Definitely wouldn't have had the balls to just jump in without someone else showing me it wasn't a crazy job, so thanks again Eleven-Hotel, I owe you one!

Before, stock OEM:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/59378/jkbefore-2394138.jpg

After, all done, with some new KC's and a Warn to seal the deal:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/59378/jkafter1-2394139.jpg
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/23/2022 10:38:15 AM EDT
[#15]
In summer 2020, saw a new JL with an awesome bumper, the Venator by Rugged Ridge.
Fell in love, looked awesome, had a lo-profile winch mount, just perfect for me.
Then, I think in this very thread, around Christmas 2020 @Eleven-Hotel posted a pic of his JK wearing the Venator!

I thought I was imagining things, so I reached out, and yes, it was the Venator on a JK, and he was kind enough to share tips and pics of the mods necessary to make JL bumper work on JK!

Ordered the bumper, and all the necessary stuff for the mods, and then it sat. And sat. And sat some more, for over a year, until finally I had an entire day, no other obligations, and good weather.

Man, I love it. It is so exactly right for me, and I am so psyched that I got it done.
Definitely wouldn't have had the balls to just jump in without someone else showing me it wasn't a crazy job, so thanks again Eleven-Hotel, I owe you one!

Before, stock OEM:

View Quote

All that and no mention of what it actually took to make a JL bumper work on a JK?
Link Posted: 5/23/2022 11:37:16 AM EDT
[Last Edit: fish223] [#16]
Link Posted: 5/23/2022 11:55:25 AM EDT
[#17]

Before, stock OEM:

View Quote
Ooooo

I like that!
Link Posted: 5/23/2022 12:09:20 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 5/23/2022 12:18:32 PM EDT
[#19]
After 3 years, It was time for another Jeep.

Have a garage full of parts to swap.
JLUR springs
Mopar extended LCAs
Steel front and rear bumpers
Winch
Lunch Box locker for the front.

Still debating 35" tires.  IF i do that I will regear to 4.56
Also still waiting on .75" front shock spacers to help with any sag the front bumper and winch will add.  Would like to do it all at once instead of do it, find out and then add the spacers.
Link Posted: 5/23/2022 2:16:09 PM EDT
[#20]

JK has the vacuum pump located on the inner side of the driver side frame rail, that needs to be relocated into engine compartment, and goes into the standard SPOD location.
That's a requirement for any JK bumper swap that will be a winch mount...
View Quote

No relocation of the vacuum pump was required for my winch bumper:

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/23/2022 2:26:06 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By drobs:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/41568/Vacuum_pump_JPG-2394380.JPG
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

JK has the vacuum pump located on the inner side of the driver side frame rail, that needs to be relocated into engine compartment, and goes into the standard SPOD location.
That's a requirement for any JK bumper swap that will be a winch mount...

Nor mine
Link Posted: 5/23/2022 2:51:08 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 5/23/2022 3:17:42 PM EDT
[#23]

Sorry, to clarify, any lo-rise mount that drops the winch into the actual gap between the rails.
The ones that sit up high have plenty of clearance.
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/23/2022 3:39:58 PM EDT
[#24]

Sorry, to clarify, any lo-rise mount that drops the winch into the actual gap between the rails.
View All Quotes

Originally Posted By vanilla_gorilla:
Nor mine

Umm…..

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/23/2022 3:43:34 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 5/23/2022 3:49:00 PM EDT
[#26]

Ok, wiseguy, duly noted there are exceptions.
View All Quotes

Ok, wiseguy, duly noted there are exceptions.

Link Posted: 5/23/2022 3:53:23 PM EDT
[#27]
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Boomer:

Originally Posted By vanilla_gorilla:
Nor mine

Umm..

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/2117/2D4864DC-6CBC-40EB-8904-BCB649984EFE_jpe-2394451.JPG

I'm glad you saved me the trouble of going out and taking a pic...
Link Posted: 5/23/2022 9:06:19 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 5/24/2022 12:38:00 AM EDT
[#29]
Pics from Sunday's trail:

Muddy slick climb.
Attachment Attached File

Had to straddle it:
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/28/2022 2:01:56 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 5/31/2022 6:13:46 PM EDT
[#31]

Drummond?
Link Posted: 5/31/2022 8:07:03 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By APPARITION:

Drummond?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By APPARITION:

Drummond?

Knott's Island
Link Posted: 6/2/2022 8:34:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Eleven-Hotel] [#33]

Before, stock OEM:

View Quote

Great to see it all worked out, glad to know I was able to help.

Link Posted: 6/2/2022 9:11:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: vanilla_gorilla] [#34]
Not sure if I posted this one or not.

Recent ride in the forest, Mrs Gorilla behind me. Pic taken by a friend, as a still from a video she was shooting.

Link Posted: 6/4/2022 6:58:41 PM EDT
[#35]
All shined-up for the weekend. Bantam Jeep Fest is in a few days so she won't look like this for long

Link Posted: 6/4/2022 11:03:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: dcs12345] [#36]
Here recently they opened the books for 2023 ordering and I’m thinking about ordering one through a dealership in Lake Charles, LA.

They usually do 5-6% below invoice.

It will be a replacing my daily driver 07 Chevy 1500 crew cab, so I’m would be getting a JLU hardtop.  I really need a new vehicle and at least they are not charging MSRP+ like a lot of other manufacturers dealers

Since it will be a daily driver and I’ll be hauling kids, I want power locks….other than that “requirement”, I would be perfectly fine with a base sport.

Right now I am trying to decide between
Sport S 41k
Willys 43k
Sport Altitude 41k

I don’t like the chrome wheels on the Sport S, I prefer the the black wheels on the Sport Altitude….but I would rather have tan seats and the Altitude doesn’t offer them.  The Altitude does seem to only come with all season tire tires vs the Sport S having A/Ts as an option
Of course the Willys comes with mud terrains…don’t really need them, I would rather have A/Ts
For the engine, for now I have the 2.0L turbo, but I’m not sure if I would go with it or the 3.6…. Either one has more than enough power for me.
Link Posted: 6/5/2022 9:31:13 AM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By dcs12345:
Here recently they opened the books for 2023 ordering and I’m thinking about ordering one through a dealership in Lake Charles, LA.

They usually do 5-6% below invoice.

It will be a replacing my daily driver 07 Chevy 1500 crew cab, so I’m would be getting a JLU hardtop.  I really need a new vehicle and at least they are not charging MSRP+ like a lot of other manufacturers dealers

Since it will be a daily driver and I’ll be hauling kids, I want power locks….other than that “requirement”, I would be perfectly fine with a base sport.

Right now I am trying to decide between
Sport S 41k
Willys 43k
Sport Altitude 41k

I don’t like the chrome wheels on the Sport S, I prefer the the black wheels on the Sport Altitude….but I would rather have tan seats and the Altitude doesn’t offer them.  The Altitude does at least come with A/T vs the Sport S requiring you to add them.  
Of course the Willys comes with mud terrains…don’t really need them.
For the engine, for now I have the 2.0L turbo, but I’m not sure if I would go with it or the 3.6…. Either one has more than enough power for me.
View Quote

Check out that 4xe hybrid / plug in. Pretty cool system allowing you to choose between modes:
Gas & Electric
Gas Only
Electric Only
Link Posted: 6/5/2022 10:55:15 AM EDT
[#38]

Check out that 4xe hybrid / plug in. Pretty cool system allowing you to choose between modes:
Gas & Electric
Gas Only
Electric Only
View Quote

I’m a cheap ass…I’m just not ready to make a leap to that system. I do like that they have the different modes
Link Posted: 6/6/2022 2:50:04 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 6/6/2022 8:19:41 PM EDT
[#40]

Someone forgot to check the forecast
Link Posted: 6/6/2022 8:29:51 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By inzane123:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By inzane123:

Both times that happened in my old JK the forecast was completely clear the whole day
Link Posted: 6/7/2022 5:36:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Eleven-Hotel] [#42]
Originally Posted By Zakk_Wylde_470:
All shined-up for the weekend. Bantam Jeep Fest is in a few days so she won't look like this for long

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/58021/7F478140-B836-4B33-ACF4-7451062CC5C2-2407651.jpg
View Quote

@Zakk_Wylde_470:

I’ll be there Saturday, I have 11:00am trail time at the offsite trails.
Link Posted: 6/9/2022 1:54:21 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 6/9/2022 2:32:11 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 6/9/2022 2:37:10 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 6/9/2022 2:44:32 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 6/9/2022 4:20:31 PM EDT
[#47]
also, in case anyone is interested in the vacuum pump spod situation this is how it looks when relocated under the spod. It disappears into that space, and metalcloak makes awesome products. fit and finish are 5/5

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/59378/JK_EC1-2412620.jpg

View Quote

Very nice! Have been debating that setup. How was the install and mounting of that arb?
Link Posted: 6/9/2022 7:01:04 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 6/9/2022 7:39:10 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 6/9/2022 7:43:04 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 60
Tacked Jeep Pics - Let's see em! (Page 51 of 60)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top