Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/9/2021 11:42:51 PM EDT
Just got a 2021 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk. I know, I know, not a "real" Jeep. Whatever. Can anyone point me in the right direction for a decent forum? Looking to learn some ins and outs, special maintenance I should make sure to do, etc. TIA.
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 12:01:25 AM EDT
[#1]
Wrangler forums are numerous on the internet.
To see what could help you out...

Look at the amount of members.  And if they have an "Other" category.

My wife has a '21 JL and I have a '20 Outback.
There are lots of sites for those two, and the MX-5 I have in the garage.

I like the Wrangler Forum,  myself.
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 1:44:07 AM EDT
[#2]
Is yours the v6? Ive been looking into the 2021 lattitude lux with the v6 myself. How do you like it so far?
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 1:58:46 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Is yours the v6? Ive been looking into the 2021 lattitude lux with the v6 myself. How do you like it so far?
View Quote

Yes, 3.2L V6. I really like it so far, but I've had it less than two weeks. I'm also coming from a 2003 Ford Focus ZX3 with no ABS, no Bluetooth, no backup cam, etc.

First new vehicle I've had in 17 years.
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 2:08:57 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Yes, 3.2L V6. I really like it so far, but I've had it less than two weeks. I'm also coming from a 2003 Ford Focus ZX3 with no ABS, no Bluetooth, no backup cam, etc.

First new vehicle I've had in 17 years.
View Quote

Glad to hear you like it so far. My 2013 cruze is a pos and I need something newer with a warranty and more room.
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 1:20:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 1:46:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 1:57:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Just got a 2021 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk. I know, I know, not a "real" Jeep. Whatever. Can anyone point me in the right direction for a decent forum? Looking to learn some ins and outs, special maintenance I should make sure to do, etc. TIA.
View Quote

Bullshit on anyone who says its not a real jeep. The KL trailhawks are VERY capable machines. I take my 15 on jeep trails and deep in pisgah.  I want to go further west when the pandemic BS is over. But cherokee forums is where you want to be!
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 11:04:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Bullshit on anyone who says its not a real jeep. The KL trailhawks are VERY capable machines. I take my 15 on jeep trails and deep in pisgah.  I want to go further west when the pandemic BS is over. But cherokee forums is where you want to be!
View Quote

Seems like a lot of people only consider the Wrangler a "real" Jeep, and older ones more so.

At any rate, thanks for the links. I've got some reading to do.
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 12:27:56 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

Are the KL more reliable than other Chrysler vehicles like the compass, renegade , dart etc etc ?
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 12:29:38 AM EDT
[#10]
Pirate4x4.com

Lol
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 12:35:24 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Pirate4x4.com

Lol
View Quote

Lol there’s something I haven’t seen in forever
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 1:12:56 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Seems like a lot of people only consider the Wrangler a "real" Jeep, and older ones more so.

At any rate, thanks for the links. I've got some reading to do.
View Quote

Yeah, whatever, they are great on trails, but shitty for every other thing you want to do with a vehicle.
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 10:43:22 AM EDT
[#13]
My current motorpool includes a 2003 Liberty Limited and a 2005 Grand Cherokee Limited.  (I don't like payments!)

I belong to three jeep oriented forums, one I don't even remember because it gets no traffic, one that's geared towards offroad & ham radio (dead now) and https://www.jeepforum.com/.  That one has been enormous help with troubleshooting, opinions, ideas, pictures, etc..

EDIT to add: I ignore the jeep snobs.  My WK with electronic fully locking diffs front & rear is more capable than most of the wranglers on the trail (not counting the Rubicon )
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 5:12:40 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 5:58:42 PM EDT
[#15]
How’s your trailhawk treating you OP? I’ve been looking for a leftover 2020 trailhawk but not many around in my area.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 11:36:20 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Define 'older', I'm over half a century and I think your Fiat is a real Jeep, just not a real Cherokee.  ;-)

Seriously it's a good machine.  I just have this thing that the 'Cherokee' name should have been reserved for a uni-body with the Wrangler drivetrain (including solid front axels).  The new machine should have been 'Liberty' after the Cherokee XJ replacement with the IFS.  

I took my wife shopping for a Cherokee, we liked the vehicle but the seats didn't work for her.

Check out the Jeep Forums, they have a subforum specifically for your KL Cherokee
View Quote
Older as in older Jeeps, not people.
Quoted:
How's your trailhawk treating you OP? I've been looking for a leftover 2020 trailhawk but not many around in my area.
View Quote
Haven't driven much this week but MAN does it get around so much better in the snow. All of the technology and features are great compared with what I'm used to.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 11:48:45 PM EDT
[#17]
I can see your future OP.

"Service Shifter"  
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 1:16:44 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 1:25:33 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 1:26:54 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 1:54:39 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

We had a 2014 KL Trailhawk (the first year the KL came out), and now have a 2019 KL TH Elite. Our 2019 has the V6. IMHO, it's the goldilocks vehicle - perfect size, sweet driving on the road and highway, and really off road capable. If ya youtube KL Trailhawks, you'll see that they can run with JKs and JLs out in the wild, at east until the most very difficult stuff is encountered. Nice thing is in 2019 or 2020, they went with all LED OE lighting - you'll get OE LED main headlights and fogs.

We owned a 2018(? i think) new JKU Sahara, and although it was sweet and badass, I could personally never warm up to its highway manners, so I have owned both. Wranglers and KL Trailhawks are both awesome vehicles, IMHO.
View Quote

Good to hear. I get supplier pricing on chrysler, GM and ford new cars. Nothing GM besides the camaro captured my attention and I cant afford a new camaro SS,not to mention my current car (chevy cruze is a huge pos)

Until I can get out of Illinois I would like 4wd/awd for winters.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 3:50:28 PM EDT
[#22]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top