BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/13/2020 12:55:34 PM EDT
Anyone...bueller?
Link Posted: 12/13/2020 5:18:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/13/2020 9:43:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Yay, especially on sale (I'm sure Steam et al will do something here soon)
Link Posted: 12/14/2020 11:45:05 AM EDT
[#3]
Fallen Order is the better game and one of the best Star Wars games in years. Squadrons is fun, especially in VR. But they did a shit job with the controls. Even for HOTAS users.  Having to remap nearly every and invert some stuff is a pain in the ass.
Link Posted: 12/14/2020 11:00:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Playing through fallen order right now. It pulls some adventure inspiration from uncharted/tomb raider and the likes but they combat is very dark souls-ish as far as getting steam rolled by even simple enemies if you don't dodge, block, etc. You also lose all XP gained for that level if you die and have to damage the enemy that killed you to get it back, very souls-like. Very well done game overall though, as stated already it's definitely one of the best star wars games since KOTOR (republic commando was great though).

Squadrons is fun but in a different way. It has it's issues but it's an EA game without a bunch of microtransactions and has been getting free updates, it's a win if not just for that alone. Controls could be better but that's fixable.

edit: So if you have gamepass for xbox/PC you should actually have fallen order as EA Play is now part of gamepass.  I can't remember if squadrons is on there but it might be. If you're on PC you won't see the EA Play games on there because it doesn't go live for PC until tomorrow (12/15). Playstation doesn't have it as part of their PS Plus like Xbox does (unless I'm mistaken).
Link Posted: 12/16/2020 3:57:20 PM EDT
[#5]
ill be the first one to say fuck ea
Link Posted: 12/17/2020 10:27:52 AM EDT
[#6]
I had to set Fallen Order on the second easiest difficulty level.  The boss encounters were just too tough.  Otherwise, it's a great game. It feels like a new entry into The Force Unleashed series, with a little bit of Titanfall 2 gameplay thrown in for good measure.  I liked both games, so I enjoyed Fallen Order.  There are some truly memorable moments, namely a scene where they had a real band sing a song in an alien language they created just for this game.  I don't want to spoil it, but I thought it was amazing.  The storyline was good also, with some appearances/cameos Star Wars fans will enjoy.

The only downsides to the game:  

1)  I played it on an original model Xbox One.  Performance suffered at times.
2)  The in-game map is absolutely terrible.  The game's worlds are huge, and fun to explore, because you can find all kinds of trinkets and side info about the story and lore.  But too many times, I just couldn't figure out where I had to go next.  There's a map that tells you where to go, but it doesn't take into account the geography of the levels.  I ended up having to pull up You Tube walk throughs a few times.

The game's fun.  If you like Star Wars, it's a no brainer.
Link Posted: 12/17/2020 2:43:46 PM EDT
[#7]
I really enjoyed fallen order. I didnt like squadrons though. The controls are clanky. It might be better with a proper flight sim setup.
Link Posted: 12/17/2020 11:45:10 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I really enjoyed fallen order. I didnt like squadrons though. The controls are clanky. It might be better with a proper flight sim setup.
View Quote

It's my understanding that a sim setup isn't too great in that game either. I haven't tried it again recently but allegedly there were some control issues on launch that have since been ironed out. If they ever get around to putting EA play on gamepass for PC like they were supposed to the other day I'll give it another shot since that was my issue as well.
Link Posted: 12/22/2020 2:05:08 PM EDT
[#9]
I liked both.  Both are kind of short.   I recommend renting both or borrowing them as they can both be beaten easily in a single weekend.  

Squadrons is kind of like taking one Tour of Duty from X-wing or TIE fighter and making a cool looking video game out of it.   Fun for what it is, but lacks meat on the bone.

Jedi Fallen Order is basically Force Unleashed 3, but without any emo clones.  JFO is easily better then Force Unleashed 2 that was not even remotely canon.  FU2 was stand alone DLC at best.
Link Posted: 12/22/2020 6:45:07 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I liked both.  Both are kind of short.   I recommend renting both or borrowing them as they can both be beaten easily in a single weekend.  

Squadrons is kind of like taking one Tour of Duty from X-wing or TIE fighter and making a cool looking video game out of it.   Fun for what it is, but lacks meat on the bone.

Jedi Fallen Order is basically Force Unleashed 3, but without any emo clones.  JFO is easily better then Force Unleashed 2 that was not even remotely canon.  FU2 was stand alone DLC at best.
View Quote

Agreed on JFO, good game. Squadrons really wasn't supposed to be a single player game to begin with. The single player was kind of weak but it wasn't even really advertised as a single player game to begin with, it's always supposed to have been a competitive Xwing vs Tie Fighter sort of game. On those grounds I think it's pretty good but if you're looking for some grand narrative then nope.
Link Posted: 12/23/2020 1:28:57 PM EDT
[#11]
Yeah, JFO combat is very DS like; you can't just run in there mashing buttons and expect to win.  It was a fun game, if somewhat short.  And fuck EA.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top