Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/22/2021 9:13:12 AM EDT
Bought my boss a bag of candy "tasty dicks".   I parked in customer parking, instead of employee parking this morning.  I'm planning on rolling out a few hours early.  Good riddance!

Johnny Paycheck - Take This Job And Shove It (Audio)
Link Posted: 7/22/2021 9:13:58 AM EDT
[#1]
Hookers and Blow.
Link Posted: 7/22/2021 9:15:27 AM EDT
[#2]
Congrats OP and well-done!
Link Posted: 7/22/2021 9:16:31 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/22/2021 9:16:36 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/22/2021 9:16:44 AM EDT
[#5]
Do you work at Subway?
Link Posted: 7/22/2021 9:17:38 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Do you work at Subway?
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/22/2021 9:17:56 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Do you work at Subway?
View Quote

dealership technician
Link Posted: 7/22/2021 9:18:45 AM EDT
[#8]

I guess you're retiring OP?
Link Posted: 7/22/2021 9:18:47 AM EDT
[#9]
And so what’s next, OP?
Link Posted: 7/22/2021 9:20:06 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

self employed from here on out.
Link Posted: 7/22/2021 9:21:48 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 7/22/2021 9:22:59 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 7/22/2021 9:26:12 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 7/22/2021 9:29:05 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 7/22/2021 9:30:05 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote

Oh, so you'll be eating the tasty dicks going forward. The red ones are spicy, so ya know.
Link Posted: 7/22/2021 9:30:56 AM EDT
[#16]
Why are you wearing gloves?
Link Posted: 7/22/2021 9:31:53 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Why are you wearing gloves?
View Quote

because engines be greasy yo!
Link Posted: 7/22/2021 9:32:14 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Bought my boss a bag of candy "tasty dicks".   I parked in customer parking, instead of employee parking this morning.  I'm planning on rolling out a few hours early.  Good riddance!

View Quote
Interested to hear an After Action Report on reaction from the boss and those left in your wake...
Link Posted: 7/22/2021 9:35:22 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

Congrats man! You are with Honda, right?
Link Posted: 7/22/2021 9:38:31 AM EDT
[#20]
Burning bridges?

I’m dreaming about the day I retire.  Not sure if it will be terrifying or awesome.  Think retirement day will come with a sort of finality which could be viewed either way.
Link Posted: 7/22/2021 9:39:34 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote

You had better be careful, your new boss is the type to give a bag of dicks to somebody.
Link Posted: 7/22/2021 9:40:36 AM EDT
[#22]
Why did they fire you?
Link Posted: 7/22/2021 9:45:40 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Congrats. I’m 1 year in. Completely worth it.
Link Posted: 7/22/2021 9:47:14 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Congrats man! You are with Honda, right?
View Quote

Yup! Excited and nervous to be leaving
Quoted:
Burning bridges?

I’m dreaming about the day I retire.  Not sure if it will be terrifying or awesome.  Think retirement day will come with a sort of finality which could be viewed either way.
View Quote

Not really, its kind of the dynamic between my boss and I.  I'm the only person here who can get away with telling him to go fuck himself.
Quoted:
I'm definitely nervous.  I think it's because a job gives a false sense of security, where as self employment you know what's at risk.

You had better be careful, your new boss is the type to give a bag of dicks to somebody.
View Quote

My new boss is a real asshole
Link Posted: 7/22/2021 9:51:02 AM EDT
[#25]
Is there a known issue with 2018 Accords having starting issues? Mine chugs and chokes sometimes like there's a bag o dicks in there somewhere!
Link Posted: 7/22/2021 9:52:28 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Is there a known issue with 2018 Accords having starting issues? Mine chugs and chokes sometimes like there's a bag o dicks in there somewhere!
View Quote

If you've had the fuel pump recall done, then the o-ring on the new pump is rolled.  It causes them to bleed down pressure and not want to start.

I've also had some that misfire only on start up, due to clogged injectors.  they bleed down all the fuel pressure when the sit.
Link Posted: 7/22/2021 9:58:51 AM EDT
[#27]
Do they make tasty pussies too, I think I could like those.
Link Posted: 7/22/2021 9:59:35 AM EDT
[#28]
Oooh you're like a LittlePony but the Japanese version!

So is the 2015 HCH GTG or should I get a regular Civic as a commuter?
Link Posted: 7/22/2021 10:06:18 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Oooh you're like a LittlePony but the Japanese version!

So is the 2015 HCH GTG or should I get a regular Civic as a commuter?
View Quote

I'm assuming you mean HR-V?     I'd get a civic.   I like the Hr-V but CVT trans that's in them is really anemic and the manual trans is geared all kinds of funky.  The 1.8L engine in the Hr-V is time tested.
Link Posted: 7/22/2021 10:06:49 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

If you've had the fuel pump recall done, then the o-ring on the new pump is rolled.  It causes them to bleed down pressure and not want to start.

I've also had some that misfire only on start up, due to clogged injectors.  they bleed down all the fuel pressure when the sit.
View Quote

Does this include my '19 Pilot recall?  I was about to have it done but the part is in short supply.  

Also, congrats!!!!!  What are you going to be doing now?  Your own shop?
Link Posted: 7/22/2021 10:10:46 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Your new boss is going to be overworked, and stressed out.
View Quote
Ain't that the truth.

Bunch of sick bastards keep doing it though.
Link Posted: 7/22/2021 10:10:52 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Does this include my '19 Pilot recall?  I was about to have it done but the part is in short supply.  

Also, congrats!!!!!  What are you going to be doing now?  Your own shop?
View Quote

We've seen install problems with the fuel pump recalls.  I myself have had 1 that the o-ring has rolled.  Other techs and had many more.    My wife and I own a company making custom horse tack.  My energy is going to be spent running that while she hammers away on her sewing machine.
Link Posted: 7/22/2021 10:12:12 AM EDT
[#33]
Congrats
Link Posted: 7/22/2021 10:12:27 AM EDT
[#34]
I'm sure management is glad youre leaving.
Link Posted: 7/22/2021 10:12:30 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

I'm assuming you mean HR-V?     I'd get a civic.   I like the Hr-V but CVT trans that's in them is really anemic and the manual trans is geared all kinds of funky.  The 1.8L engine in the Hr-V is time tested.
View Quote

Actually meant Honda Civic Hybrid. Com'on man!

I had an 08 and loved it but now I'm commuting a ton and my Hyundai loves gasoline more than I love it.
Link Posted: 7/22/2021 10:15:13 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Actually meant Honda Civic Hybrid. Com'on man!

I had an 08 and loved it but now I'm commuting a ton and my Hyundai loves gasoline more than I love it.
View Quote

AH, never heard it listed as a HCH.     I'm personally not a fan of hybrids, but they don't seem to have many issues of than battery deterioration.  The newer battery packs are substantially better than the battery pack that came stock in your 08.
Link Posted: 7/22/2021 10:19:16 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

We've seen install problems with the fuel pump recalls.  I myself have had 1 that the o-ring has rolled.  Other techs and had many more.    My wife and I own a company making custom horse tack.  My energy is going to be spent running that while she hammers away on her sewing machine.
View Quote

I bet your new shop smells better than your old one.  

So, should I have the recall done or wait for some reason?  If I experience a problem afterwards would the dealership just do it again?
Link Posted: 7/22/2021 10:20:31 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 7/22/2021 10:20:33 AM EDT
[#39]
I just switched jobs and it was one of the best days ever.

I have been WFH for 18+ months now but ran into the office for the first time in months to turn in my laptop and badge. Decided to carpool with the wife since she works nearby.

Anyways, I got off work early and decided to run into Scheels to kill 45-60 minutes before picking my wife up to head home.

That was the one and only day so far in Utah where they got a shipment of 15 SP5K PDWs in stock. Saw it, contemplated my new job/promotion, slapped it, and brought it home after seeing 2 other people buy them and they only had 2-3 left.

Congrats on the move OP, hope it serves you well.
Link Posted: 7/22/2021 10:21:09 AM EDT
[#40]
My 2001 Honda Odyssey has over 200K miles on it and most of the electronics still work except one sliding door.  It does leak tranny fluid.  

I plan on getting historical plates for it this year.   And also a divorce from the wife for keeping it.  

Thank you for your service.
Link Posted: 7/22/2021 10:21:11 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

I bet your new shop smells better than your old one.  

So, should I have the recall done or wait for some reason?  If I experience a problem afterwards would the dealership just do it again?
View Quote

I'd get it done.  Denso had a bad batch of fuel pumps that are seizing up.  It affects both Honda and Toyota.  If you have a problem the dealer SHOULD rectify it. Unfortunately some dealers are shit.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top