Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/24/2019 11:25:48 PM EDT
Today was Wisconsin DeMolay Day in Wisconsin.  It was also the Centennial Celebration of the Order.  We have 11 new young men in DeMolay!

The young men that performed the work were spot on.  They did a great job.  There were probably 120 Brothers, family members and guests present.  It was the first "DeMolay Day" in the state and I hope those numbers go up each year.

If you haven't attended any of their meetings:  GO!  They are so appreciative of our just being there, it's impossible to leave without a smile on your face.  The floor work in a Job's Daughter's Bethel or a DeMolay Chapter is more intricate than in lodge.  And they do it better than many, if not most, Lodges do their's.

They are a part of Freemasonry's future and need our support.  I've had several Jobies tell me they'd never marry a man unless he was a Mason.  One of our local Bethel's Past Honored Queens is going to marry a Past DeMolay State Master Counselor that's from our local Chapter.  Now that's dedication!

Get out and support our Youth!
Link Posted: 3/29/2019 9:19:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Outstanding.

We had two local Demolay chapters come to our Lodge to perform the Demolay degree this month. It's really amazing to see how well it's done.

I'm an Advisor and have been routinely impressed by the dedication of these young men.

I hope you continue to see such success in your jurisdiction.
Link Posted: 3/30/2019 9:20:21 AM EDT
[#2]
A friend took me along to some Demolay events when I was young. I was a bit wilder than he was though, and I had no interest. In fact all that I remember is going.

My father was a Freemason, and I don’t remember if he was aware that I attended. The meetings were at a church that was a different denomination than the church we were members of. My mother and grandmother weren’t thrilled about me going, but church was always encouraged.

I wish that I had known that DeMolay was associated with the craft. Maybe I would have participated more. Boy Scouts took a lot of my time, and football.

I have come across Jacques de Molay in my readings since then. Seems like had I known the history I would have been more impressed. Funny how a closed mind deprives you of so many things.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top