Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 149
Link Posted: 10/9/2013 9:26:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By WildBoar:
The guy who wrote the Goatman story should get a career in screenwriting. The dude can tell and make a good story. His story would make an awesome movie.
View Quote

I thought the same thing
Link Posted: 10/9/2013 9:26:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By NY_Shooter:
Ok, just finished th goat man story above (didnt watch the video yet, will when I get home, wanna hear what that thing sounded like).

Fuck.  That.  Shit.

Im so glad I sleep during the day when its light out.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
View Quote

no shit.
Link Posted: 10/9/2013 10:11:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: soldierman79] [#3]
Originally Posted By SkeeterTZX:

no shit.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Ok, just finished th goat man story above (didnt watch the video yet, will when I get home, wanna hear what that thing sounded like).

Fuck.  That.  Shit.

no shit.

Worst part (for me) was when he was watching the door, almost asleep. The goat/man morph thing snuck in and it layed on the floor, then standing there all jittering and heaving, then would lay back down among them. He pretended to sleep just to watch it.

Fucking fuck me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1!!!!!!!!1!!!!
Link Posted: 10/9/2013 10:32:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Yeah, there's no way I wouldn't have mag dumped into that thing. Fuck all y'all caught in the cross fire.
Link Posted: 10/10/2013 12:47:03 AM EDT
[Last Edit: EXPY37] [#5]
Meh, I'd have offered to let him use the shower to get the stink off then go party with the girls after riding around on the ATV.

These creatures never hurt anybuddy, that we know of.

Now tonight I was locking up the container in the mtns, then had to use the B-R, and forgot my gun. My SO was a couple hundred yards away.

When I finished and went out there was a pack of coyotes or chipacabras or something howling maybe 300 feet away, and they were coming closer.

No way was I going to try to make it the couple hundred yards to safety with nothing but a knife... With them sounding like they were a 150 feet away. So, I called my SO on the radio and told her what I forgot and she could hear them too and to bring my gun.

So she did and when she got there they were real close. I started calling them and she made me stop. I didn't see any eye reflection from my Fenix pocket light.

After I called them they got real quiet, that I took as a bad sign...

It's times like this you wonder abt having all your eggs in one gun... It's a cool gun tho and if it worked and I expect it would, I wouldn't have felt out toothed or clawed.

I still had a shiver down my spine when I got to the truck...

Link Posted: 10/10/2013 12:55:44 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By soldierman79:

Worst part (for me) was when he was watching the door, almost asleep. The goat/man morph thing snuck in and it layed on the floor, then standing there all jittering and heaving, then would lay back down among them. He pretended to sleep just to watch it.

View All Quotes

Fuck.  That.  Shit.

no shit.

Yeah, fuck that.  I wouldnt be able to lay still with so much shit in my pants.

Link Posted: 10/10/2013 2:28:46 AM EDT
[Last Edit: DeputySC] [#7]
Here is something I experienced while at work. I am an LEO and was called to this guys house who was probably seeing a 'ghost'. Although I didnt think much of it at the time, not until shortly after when I started watching television shows like Ghost Hunter and Paranormal WItness where they talk about 'shadow figures' appearing.

I worked in a very busy high crime area and then promoted and reassigned to an area with little activity. It is mostly a rural. This was about 3 1/2 years ago. There were maybe 5 of us on a squad assigned to a certain region. two of my coworkers get dispatched to this house in reference to a 'suspicious person' for the second time. However, this time dispatch mentioned the caller saw someone inside. I hear them arrive on scene and then shortly after that they clear up and began taking other calls and doing their own thing.

About 40 minutes later the call comes out again except I am dispatched since the units who went the first few times were now busy with something else. I called one of the guys to inquire why we keep getting called out to this same place. He said its an old man who is  maybe seeing things. So this time we get an ambulance to respond also just to check him out, The ambulance arrived before me. I knew this because dispatched called me saying that EMS responders are asking for me to step it up because they saw 'someone' inside the guys house. They tossed the old man in the back of the ambulance (which is against policy without strapping them in) and drove a few blocks down to wait on me.

So now I pick my step up a little bit and make sure I have a back up unit coming so we can clear this guys house if someone is inside. I meet with the ambulance driver. EMS said that they met the guy at the end of his driveway. If your standing in front of the house the front door has two long narrow windows on either side of it and you could see into the living room straight ahead. If you took a right you would be going down the hallway where all the bedrooms were and if you take  a left you would be going into the kitchen/dining room area. And of course straight ahead was the living room.
So the EMS guy said they met the guy at the end of the driveway and they noticed someone in the living room peeking around from behind the entertainment center. Then it ran towards the front door and hide behind it. It kept peeking at them through the narrow glass windows. Then it darted away from the door and took a right going down the hallway towards the bedrooms. Then they saw the blinds spliting liek someone was peeking through them,
Now my back up arrived. We went inside the cleared the entire house. The outside of the house was all locked up with the exception of the front door that the old guy walked out of to meet EMS so no one could have made it inside without them seeing. The guy is probably in his early 70s but he does not seem to have any mental issues whatsoever. Answering all the questions, no obvious signs of any age related issues.

This is where it really gets creepy. I ask the old guy what he saw when the other officers came out. He was sitting in his bedroom reading a book, in his back yard he noticed a figure in his back yard standing there. He looked away for a second and then when he looked back the figure was standing right infront of his window looking inside. The second  time the officers came out; he called because he sat down to read his book again. This time he noticed something moving out the corner of his eye in the hallway outside his room. . When he looked he saw a 'dark shadow figure' of a man standing in his hallway glaring at him.

This house was in the middle of nowhere,its 0130am. And his closest friends/family lived like 30 minutes away. I tried to talk the guy into maybe going to spend the night somewhere else. Like with family, friends, or even a motel. But he wouldnt do it. Finally we got in touch with the guys son who came and spent the rest of the night with the guy inside the house. There were no more calls that night.
Link Posted: 10/10/2013 2:42:01 AM EDT
[#8]

no shit.
View All Quotes

Fuck.  That.  Shit.

no shit.

So I just finished reading that story here at 2:40 a.m. (God knows why I am still awake), and as I was reading the story I started to hear strange noises right outside my window.

Creepy story is creepy as fuck.
Link Posted: 10/10/2013 6:32:04 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By DeputySC:
Here is something I experienced while at work. I am an LEO and was called to this guys house who was probably seeing a 'ghost'. Although I didnt think much of it at the time, not until shortly after when I started watching television shows like Ghost Hunter and Paranormal WItness where they talk about 'shadow figures' appearing.

I worked in a very busy high crime area and then promoted and reassigned to an area with little activity. It is mostly a rural. This was about 3 1/2 years ago. There were maybe 5 of us on a squad assigned to a certain region. two of my coworkers get dispatched to this house in reference to a 'suspicious person' for the second time. However, this time dispatch mentioned the caller saw someone inside. I hear them arrive on scene and then shortly after that they clear up and began taking other calls and doing their own thing.

About 40 minutes later the call comes out again except I am dispatched since the units who went the first few times were now busy with something else. I called one of the guys to inquire why we keep getting called out to this same place. He said its an old man who is  maybe seeing things. So this time we get an ambulance to respond also just to check him out, The ambulance arrived before me. I knew this because dispatched called me saying that EMS responders are asking for me to step it up because they saw 'someone' inside the guys house. They tossed the old man in the back of the ambulance (which is against policy without strapping them in) and drove a few blocks down to wait on me.

So now I pick my step up a little bit and make sure I have a back up unit coming so we can clear this guys house if someone is inside. I meet with the ambulance driver. EMS said that they met the guy at the end of his driveway. If your standing in front of the house the front door has two long narrow windows on either side of it and you could see into the living room straight ahead. If you took a right you would be going down the hallway where all the bedrooms were and if you take  a left you would be going into the kitchen/dining room area. And of course straight ahead was the living room.
So the EMS guy said they met the guy at the end of the driveway and they noticed someone in the living room peeking around from behind the entertainment center. Then it ran towards the front door and hide behind it. It kept peeking at them through the narrow glass windows. Then it darted away from the door and took a right going down the hallway towards the bedrooms. Then they saw the blinds spliting liek someone was peeking through them,
Now my back up arrived. We went inside the cleared the entire house. The outside of the house was all locked up with the exception of the front door that the old guy walked out of to meet EMS so no one could have made it inside without them seeing. The guy is probably in his early 70s but he does not seem to have any mental issues whatsoever. Answering all the questions, no obvious signs of any age related issues.

This is where it really gets creepy. I ask the old guy what he saw when the other officers came out. He was sitting in his bedroom reading a book, in his back yard he noticed a figure in his back yard standing there. He looked away for a second and then when he looked back the figure was standing right infront of his window looking inside. The second  time the officers came out; he called because he sat down to read his book again. This time he noticed something moving out the corner of his eye in the hallway outside his room. . When he looked he saw a 'dark shadow figure' of a man standing in his hallway glaring at him.

This house was in the middle of nowhere,its 0130am. And his closest friends/family lived like 30 minutes away. I tried to talk the guy into maybe going to spend the night somewhere else. Like with family, friends, or even a motel. But he wouldnt do it. Finally we got in touch with the guys son who came and spent the rest of the night with the guy inside the house. There were no more calls that night.
View Quote

Fuck that
Link Posted: 10/10/2013 7:42:23 AM EDT
[#10]

View All Quotes

Fuck.  That.  Shit.

no shit.

I first read that story like a month ago when I was in a school, and the guy that showed it to me was legitimately freaked out by the whole thing. So naturally me and a couple others took turns sneaking into his room at night and just standing in the dark facing the window and shuddering.
Link Posted: 10/10/2013 7:43:06 AM EDT
[#11]

Fuck.  That.  Shit.

View Quote

OK, just watched the video of what it supposedly sounded like.  Again, fuck that shit.

Link Posted: 10/10/2013 7:48:02 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By DontBuryMe:
I first read that story like a month ago when I was in a school, and the guy that showed it to me was legitimately freaked out by the whole thing. So naturally me and a couple others took turns sneaking into his room at night and just standing in the dark facing the window and shuddering.
View Quote

Dickheads.

Link Posted: 10/10/2013 8:25:02 AM EDT
[#13]
Hello everyone.

Some good stories in here.

I have been lurking in here for a long time.

Oh....and congrats captain morgan....I used to play #1932 until about a year and a half ago
Link Posted: 10/10/2013 10:25:00 AM EDT
[#14]

View Quote

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1227431_It_s_time_for_another_CREEPY_thread_.html&page=37#i39151648

Still creepy.

And thanks Panther. When I started playing it (maybe seven or eight months ago), I looked at the past results and tried to get a number I hadn't seen anyone play in a region of the map that hadn't won anything yet.  Strategy.
Link Posted: 10/10/2013 2:14:47 PM EDT
[#15]

View Quote

Damn, that's still a scary story.
Link Posted: 10/11/2013 12:31:12 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 6gunfighter2] [#16]

View Quote

You posted that before someplace didn't you?  Maybe in the old Swindle creepy thread?  I know I've read it before.

It is one of the better creepy stories I've seen on ARFCOM.

Thanks for sharing it (again).

ETA: Nevermind, I just saw the link supplied a few posts up by Captain Morgan.
Link Posted: 10/11/2013 3:16:29 AM EDT
[Last Edit: DeputySC] [#17]
Yes I'm sure I posted it before. I always get very cold chills whenever I think about the incident. I'm just thankful that I didn't meet the old guys new 'friend'. Just to think I was inside this guys house clearing it with a gun and flashlight. At times in a dark room, attic,
or like those attic like crawl spaces in rooms over garages. Messed up stuff.
Link Posted: 10/14/2013 8:17:30 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Catfishin4life] [#18]
Well between slow periods at work and, stupidly, before going to bed, I have finally finished reading all 40+ pages of this thread! Some have been intriguing while others are down right terrifying! I figured I will post my experiences as well, all of which occurred in my parents house to myself and one of my sisters.

Back in 1991, we moved from Midway St. Paul, MN to a tiny farming town called Chisago, MN. More cows than people. My parents decided that it would be best to get away from the rising crime of the metro so we packed our things and moved into a two story rambler built in 1974. I'll go into a little detail of the floor plan so you can understand some of my stories. The side door opens to the stairs leading to the basement directly in front, wall to the right, kitchen to the left. From the kitchen, it opens up to the family room and then on the right side is all of the bedrooms, three of them. Parents room, bathroom, my room, and then my sisters if you start from the side door. At the bottom of the stairs, you can go right to my other sister's room, my brother's room, the furnace room, the living room directly in front, and the laundry room to the left through a door. I would spend a lot of time in the living room seeing as how that is where all of the various game systems would be. Another reason that we moved was because it was incredibly difficult for my parents to stay there. Back in 1981 my oldest brother, their first born child, Chris, 4, and my oldest sister Melissa, 2, were at a friend's house playing super heroes, ridding the streets of St. Paul of evil doers. Chris' scraggily brown hair was being blown back by the incredible wind that was howling past hise face as he was flying in the air! His glasses being the only thing that held back his laser beam vision! They were out in the yard and then someone said let's go to Chris' house to play! Well, they were playing super heroes like I said and everyone knows that super heroes don't use fence gates so they jumped the fence. Well, Chris jumped the fence and his grey hoodie caught the top of the fence, no easy way to say this but, he strangled to death. My sister remembers that scene vividly 32 years later even though she was only 2. My parents had an expensive funeral for Chris, putting them into debt for quite a while, which eventually led to bankruptcy and were finally able to move 10 years later.

That nonsense is out of the way so now I can continue. My first experience that I ever experienced was the feeling of being shaken awake. Not the typical push on one shoulder type of thing that a parent would do but someone grabbing both shoulders and slamming you into the bed! This was terrifying! Especially seeing as how it started when I was only 7 years old! When this would happen, I would be just about to fall asleep, still conscious yet i was drifting off. It could very well be that it was some kind of dream but the fact that I would be fully awake half way through the ordeal tells me otherwise. These shakes would last roughly 5 seconds which feels like an eternity when you're scared shitless! This would happen at least once a month for 3 years...not exactly an uncommon occurrence.

Once when I was 10, I heard the side door open, slam shut and the sound of feet running down the stairs. All is good, my brother is home, it was 4pm so it was the first thing that I thought. The only problem is that I was downstairs in the living room playing Super Nintendo, look at the stairs and nobody was there. Spooky to say the least...what's even spookier is that the foot steps continued even as I was looking at the steps.

When I was 11, my dog Sheba, a beautiful rescue mutt that we got as a puppy when I was a baby, half German Shepard and half Collie, sweetest dog in the world to everyone unless you meant us harm and that switch would flip. Well, being out in the country, we had lots of various animals running around the yard from squirrels to deer, bobcat, and the occasional black bear to other dogs and raccoons. She would just bark and wag her tail in the high arch. Well, one day I was home from school "Sick", I was upstairs in the family room watching TV when I hear Sheba barking and growling up a storm downstairs. I think this odd, Sheba rarely does that! I yell at her to be quiet and she does not obey! That's extremely odd for her! I tell her again,still no compliance. I get up and walk to the stairs where I see her at the bottom of the steps facing the laundry room. She was in defend my people mode. Teeth were bared, hair along her back standing up, tail hair is bristled and held rigidly back...shit is about to go down! Who is in the house? I walk down the stairs and Sheba BLOCKS me from going into the laundry room, it wasn't a "whoops, didn't see you there!" thing, it was an active block. I push her to the side and I turn on the lights...NOTHING IS THERE! I walk in there, Sheba right by my side still in attack mode only not barking anymore yet still growling, and we cleared the laundry room. No animals, no humans, no nothing! Jack squat! We walk up the steps and the entire time Sheba is behind me, walking slowly and continuously looking over her shoulder and quietly growling. We get upstairs and she instantly becomes quiet, happy, almost relieved. I just think that that it was weird and put it out of my mind.

Between the ages of 12 and 14, I would get up at 6am on Saturdays to watch TV. No cartoons, but Babe Winkleman Outdoors and other various fishing/hunting shows. That's how I was from an early age. Well, my mother would wake up at 530 or so for work and would be getting ready for work as I was watching my shows and she would be out the door at 645 to be at work at 7. Well, one Saturday, I wake up at my normal time and I walk in through the doorway of the family room and go into the kitchen to get a glass of water. I see my mom standing in her robe facing the TV,her back to me, and I said good morning. I get my water and drink it down and then realized that she didn't acknowledge me in any way. Without looking over, I said good morning again thinking that she didn't hear me. Again, no answer! I look over and was about to ask if she heard me only to see that she wasn't there. I later find out that my mom had left for work at 530 that morning. What I saw was a woman, roughly 5'8", 125 lbs, slightly wavy black hair to the middle of her back, and wearing a light blue dress or maybe robe. Not really an exact match to my mother who is 5'5", 175lbs, with shoulder length curly brown hair. Comes close to one of my sister's description of 5'10" 140lbs, with long curly hair to upper back. Then again that sister had already moved out by this time.

One event happened to my other sister early one morning when I was 16 or 17. She would get up at 3am to be at work at 330am, she would program her alarms on her TV and Stereo System to go off to wake her up. Well the night before she turned everything off because she had the day off the next morning. She put her TV remote on the stand, turned off her radio, and then lastly, turned off her light. At 230 in the morning, she wakes up to her stereo system blaring at full blast, TV on to snow, and her light is on! Here is the creepy part of this story! At the foot of her bed was a butt imprint, too small to be hers with the remote control sitting right next to it! She wasn't a small girl, 250lbs at the time and this imprint was fresh and fit the frame of a small child! What in the flying blue fuck!? She was trying to think of every possible excuse from power outage (there wasn't one), to her doing it in her sleep (not known to be a sleep walker), to her being delusional about turning everything off! Who knows!

One night I finally heard someone speak to me! I was 20 at the time and the bastards had the courage to shake me awake and piss off my dog but didn't have the common courtesy to even say hello! Assholes. I just got home from work and I was sitting in the office which used to be my old room using the computer when all of a sudden I hear "Who are you?" I was shocked and frozen...couldn't say anything. The thing of it was that it sounded as if the voice came through an AM radio station. Perfectly clear but it had that weird AM sound to it. No radios were in the room and it sounded as if it camefrom behind my left shoulder. I never replied, after the jerk shook me awake for almost two years and just now decided to play nice? Forget that! I just got off of work, I'm tired, and I just want to check out some internetz before bed. You can piss off until morning, Casper.

Move forward to when I was 21, I'm in my brother's old room downstairs now because of privacy and it was bigger. My ex girlfriend and I just got back from Minnehaha Falls in St. Paul and we picked a day that was cold and rainy.In other words, the worst day to go enjoy a waterfall. She said that she was tired and wanted to take a nap, I said ok and that I'll wake her up in an hour. Well, she falls asleep and about 15 minutes later, she starts having trouble breathing. It's normal, she has sleep apnea. After about 10 seconds or so, she STOPS breathing and is starting to turn blue. I'm freaking out at this time and completely forget my CPR training and slap her 3 or 4 times. Looking back after everything that she had done, I shouldn't have stopped slapping her. Continuing with the story, she opens her eyes, there is panic on her face, she is still not breathing and is now clutching at her throat. After 10 seconds, she starts to be able to breath again, color is coming back to her face and she is staring at my bedroom door. I ask her what the hell happened and she said, matter of factly, "that little boy was choking me. He was showing me how he died." I look over, I see no little boy. I say that I don't see anyone and she says "I know, you know him already somehow." I'm like WTF....this bitch is crazy! Then she describes him. Young boy, around 4 years old, scraggily brown hair, grey hoodie, glasses. She described my brother Chris to a T. No one, and I mean NO ONE ever told her about him. I showed her a picture of him and she said "That's him! That's the little boy!" That's when I told her the story of how Chris died. I asked everyone in my family if they ever told her about him and they all said no.

I'm 27 now and I just finally started telling my own family about what my ex experienced 6 years ago. I am tearing up as I just re-read what I had typed, looking for errors.

I don't know why he is still here but I know that he is still looking over me. I wonder why he stopped choking her though...I kid! Turns out both my one sister that had the experience and my ex would play with the Ouiji board,wouldn't open nor close it in prayer, and would always ask for a sign of the spirits presence. I'm wondering what decided to stick around. Thanks for reading my experiences, it got kind of long.  Let's keep this thread going!
Link Posted: 10/14/2013 12:52:25 PM EDT
[#19]
I haven't had the hairs on my body stand up the way they did when reading the Goatman story in a long time.

Holy shit that was terrifying.
Link Posted: 10/14/2013 3:05:59 PM EDT
[#20]
Read The Showers.

Who opened the cellar door for Jack? I'm confused.
Link Posted: 10/14/2013 3:20:28 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By DangerJ:
Read The Showers.

View Quote

I got the impression it was the ghost of the teacher or the deceased teachers buddy that got ganked at the place years back.
Link Posted: 10/14/2013 3:20:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Captain_Morgan] [#22]
Read The Showers.

View Quote

We don't know, but we presume one of the children. (ETA: ^or the dead guy )
Link Posted: 10/14/2013 3:21:23 PM EDT
[#23]
Read The Showers.

View Quote

It's a really poor story.
Lots of holes.
Link Posted: 10/14/2013 3:22:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: kar98k] [#24]

I knew I had read the story before...

Link Posted: 10/15/2013 3:38:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: dan1802] [#25]
The goatman story was great...however I find it hard to believe 11 kids are all hanging out for 2 days
and no one realizes there is a person among them that nobody knows and is 'i would assume' acting odd.
if im around that number of people for that length of time you can bet i have made friends with the guys and have attempted to screw all the girls....
no ones going unnoticed.
Link Posted: 10/15/2013 6:00:31 PM EDT
[#26]

Originally Posted By dan1802:

The goatman story was great...however I find it hard to believe 11 kids are all hanging out for 2 days

and no one realizes there is a person among them that no buddy knows and is 'i would assume' acting odd.

if im around that number of people for that length of time you can bet i have made friends with the guys and have attempted to screw all the girls....

no ones going unnoticed.
View Quote
Its a bullshit story of course but it was told very well.

Link Posted: 10/15/2013 6:13:58 PM EDT
[#27]

View Quote

I've paid to see worse movies with weaker premises.

Link Posted: 10/15/2013 6:17:52 PM EDT
[#28]
So last night I'm sitting outside on my deck, enjoying the wind going through the trees, when this neighborhood cat shoots out from underneath my deck and darts off toward the fence.

I almost shit my pants. Thanks Goatman.

Later that evening I'm downstairs in the basement watching TV when I hear raccoons chattering/fighting just outside the egress window.

I'm upstairs (ground level) working on my fishtank when I see movement outside the window next to it. It was my roommate walking toward the door.

Link Posted: 10/15/2013 6:37:00 PM EDT
[#29]

So last night I'm sitting outside on my deck, enjoying the wind going through the trees, when this neighborhood cat shoots out from underneath my deck and darts off toward the fence.

Later that evening I'm downstairs in the basement watching TV when I hear raccoons chattering/fighting just outside the egress window.

I'm upstairs (ground level) working on my fishtank when I see movement outside the window next to it. It was my roommate walking toward the door.

View Quote

Have you looked into medication?  They've made amazing advances in controlling incontinence in the past few years.

Link Posted: 10/15/2013 6:52:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: dan1802] [#30]
View All Quotes
and no one realizes there is a person among them that nobody knows and is 'i would assume' acting odd.
no ones going unnoticed.

very well. good story, just a few holes
Link Posted: 10/15/2013 7:48:11 PM EDT
[#31]

View Quote

Almost a poop thread!
Link Posted: 10/15/2013 7:54:32 PM EDT
[#32]

View Quote

Yep.  After reading this thread, the next day, my mind automatically defaults to creepy shit, instead of 100% rational explainations.

Was at my parents house the other night having a smoke outside, just staring into the treeline I could barely see since it was dark.  We see deer up there all the time.  Heard something walking just inside the treeline, breaking branches, etc.

My mind skipped the obvious reality that it was a deer, and figured it was The Goatman.

Link Posted: 10/15/2013 8:09:04 PM EDT
[#33]

View Quote

You are a brave man, I would have noped the fuck out of there
Link Posted: 10/15/2013 8:17:20 PM EDT
[#34]
I think it was in this thread, but I ain't going back through all the pages - does anyone have a link to the series of stories (one was called Maps, they all had one word titles if I remember right) about the kid with some kind of stalker or something? I remember something about an old lady in a house, and the girl this dude was dating got killed, something like that.

I hope that's enough to go off of. I'd like to read them again. They were awesome.
Link Posted: 10/16/2013 1:58:37 AM EDT
[#35]

View Quote

Speaking of cats, I remember once when I was a boy hearing what sounded exactly like a baby crying coming out of the woods one night.

It was creepy as fuck to listen to it.  I was, like, "who the fuck left a baby in the middle of the woods???"

I finally realized what I was listening to were cats.  I don't kinow what they were doing.  Fucking, probably.

If you have never heard this, let me tell you, cats can make a sound exactly like a baby crying.

Those of you who have heard it will know exactly what I mean.
Link Posted: 10/16/2013 1:14:38 PM EDT
[#36]
View All Quotes
and no one realizes there is a person among them that no buddy knows and is 'i would assume' acting odd.
no ones going unnoticed.

yeah I don't think anyone here believes it, but it was a fun read
Link Posted: 10/16/2013 4:09:44 PM EDT
[#37]
If someone could find/repost the Wendigo encounter, that would be awesome.

Guy walking through a mountain pass (?) and comes up on an old mine quarry. Sees something. That's all I remember other than it being awesome.
Link Posted: 10/16/2013 5:32:18 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By 6winchester2:

Speaking of cats, I remember once when I was a boy hearing what sounded exactly like a baby crying coming out of the woods one night.

It was creepy as fuck to listen to it.  I was, like, "who the fuck left a baby in the middle of the woods???"

I finally realized what I was listening to were cats.  I don't know what they were doing.  Fucking, probably.

If you have never heard this, let me tell you, cats can make a sound exactly like a baby crying.

Those of you who have heard it will know exactly what I mean.
View Quote

Back when I was in high school (a long time ago).
It's late at night, a hell of a thunderstorm going on and I hear what sounds like a little kid crying "mama".
Over and over again I hear this. Creepy as hell.
Look out during lightning flashes, don't see shit.
I finally shine a flashlight out the window and spot the neighbors' effing Siamese cat.
From that moment on I really hated that cat.
Link Posted: 10/16/2013 5:42:28 PM EDT
[#39]
no ones going unnoticed.
View Quote

One of the girls had a very, very ugly child about 5 months later...
Link Posted: 10/16/2013 7:41:58 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By FrankSymptoms:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By FrankSymptoms:
and no one realizes there is a person among them that

nobody knows and is 'i would assume' acting odd.
no ones going unnoticed.

Lol
Link Posted: 10/17/2013 12:18:17 PM EDT
[#41]
Growing up, my younger brother and I had three cousins that we pretty much hung out with every few weeks, sleepovers, camping, etc.  Our ages were staggered a year apart.  This happened in 1982.  My oldest cousin was 15, I was 14, my other cousin was 13, my brother was 12 and our youngest cousin was 11.

That summer, mid june, my grandfather passed away from a massive heart attack.  Family from all over came to Dearborn MI for the funeral.

The funeral home was off of Telegraph road near Greenfield.  My cousins and I were hanging out in the parking lot whilst 20 to 30 relatives milled around inside.  My oldest cousin, Jim, and I are sitting on one of the parking lot blocks when a man walks up behind us and says, "Hello, boys."

JIm and I look up.  It's my grandfather.  He walks past us into the funeral home and we freak out.  We both jump up and run inside, find my brother and my other two cousins.  We tell them and them run and find my dad.  Kinda weird having to tell him we just saw his dead father in the parking lot.  Nervously I stammer out what happened and surprisingly he chuckles.  He gestures back into the main viewing room, and we see the man talking to my Aunt and our grandmother.  

"That's grandpa's brother, Uncle George,"  my Dad explains.  He takes us into the viewing room and introduces us.  I knew our Aunts, Uncles and a bunch of the cousins, but had never met most of my granddad's extended family, most were from Canada and Indiana.  Uncle George was grandad's twin brother.  He chuckled when we told him how he'd scared us.  As sad and somber as the funeral was, everyone got a kick out of it.

So a few hours later we're back at our grandparent's house in Dearborn.  There was a detached garage out back and a bin full of old toys from when my dad and uncle were kids, and my cousins and I were rooting through it while the adults were inside eating (people had brought a ton of food to the house after the funeral.).

So Great-Uncle George comes over to us and is talking to my cousin Jim, then he points down at the ground.  "Hey, look," he tells us.  "Someone dropped a quarter."  (Cheesy game.  I saw him drop the quarter.  My grandad and my dad's other uncle, Uncle Chick, used to do this all the time when we were kids.  A quarter wasn't much, but hey, free money.).

So I pick up the quarter.  He tells me to keep it.

Uncle George goes inside and after a while my brother comes out. Jimmy tells him about the quarter and my brother (kind of a pissant) complains the HE wants a quarter of his own, its not fair that I got one and he didn't.  So he runs inside to bitch to my dad.  Jim and I go inside and my brother is whining to my dad that Uncle George gave me a quarter and he wants one too.

My dad looks at me.  "When did Uncle George give you a quarter ?"

"Just a minute ago,"  I tell him.  "Out back by the garage."

My dad gives me a funny look.  "Uncle George drove back to Canada straight from the funeral home.  He isn't here."

Jim shakes his head and tells my dad, no, he was here in the backyard.

We go home that night and I go to my room to get changed for bed.  I empty my pockets but can't find the quarter.

Last summer my dad passed away and we had the funeral at the same funeral home in Dearborn.  My aunt and a few of my cousins were there.  Uncle George has been dead a couple decades, but I was reminded of the story and shared it with my cousin.  He remembered it clear as day and brought up something else.  When Uncle George was in the backyard, he was wearing a Marine Corps League Red overseas cap.  My Aunt looked puzzled and told us Uncle George wasn't ever in the Marine Corps.

My grandfather had been a Marine from 1925 to 1956.  After leaving the Marines he went to work for the import/export terminal in Detroit and retired in the mid-seventies.  Up until his death he'd been in the Marine Corps League, we had a honor guard do a rifle salute and play taps at the cemetery.
Link Posted: 10/18/2013 2:55:40 PM EDT
[#42]
Is there any way someone can link me to the goatman story?

Thank you
Link Posted: 10/18/2013 3:48:23 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By Panther1911:

Thank you
View Quote

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1227431_It_s_time_for_another_CREEPY_thread_.html&page=44#i43201263
Link Posted: 10/18/2013 5:02:07 PM EDT
[#44]
View All Quotes

Thank you

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1227431_It_s_time_for_another_CREEPY_thread_.html&page=44#i43201263

thank you!
Link Posted: 10/18/2013 5:03:19 PM EDT
[#45]

thank you!
View All Quotes

Thank you

thank you!

Link Posted: 10/18/2013 8:52:46 PM EDT
[#46]
Not nearly to the level of creepiness of most stories in here but I have a couple of minor things I could share.

In the late 70's my best friend that I were in our early teens. One August weekend we decided to take our dirt bikes and spend a weekend camping and pre-season scouting near a very small lake we used to hunt around. This area was about 20 miles from the nearest house and accessible only by walking, dirt bike or good 4x4. Just getting to the lake we saw quite a few grouse on the trail. After arriving and setting up a rough camp we did a bit of walking and found the bush was just teeming with grouse. There were literally enough around that we each took a stick and whacked one for supper. It looked like there had been a double hatch that year with the survival rate better than we had seen for a while. There were also a good bunch of deer in the area. Saw three bucks and a half a dozen does coming down to water. Nothing creepy or weird in that but it sure made up our minds where to be for opening day.

That was when the weird part hit. My friend, my dad and I were out bright and early on opening day which was only two weeks later. As we got to the lake something felt "different". We parked about a half-mile back and walked the rest of the way. We knew who was taking which spot so there was no need for talking and we moved quietly. You sometimes hear lines in the old Western movies like, "It's quiet, too quiet." When something is definitely wrong. That's exactly the feeling I got. Dawn came and went with no sign of anything. A walk around the lake didn't show any tracks that seemed to be fresher than a week or so. Swapping the rifles for shotguns and taking another walk for birds just showed more nothing. I did come across one bunch of feathers which looked like a coyote or something had gotten hold of a grouse but that was it and they weren't real fresh.

About midday we regrouped at the truck for lunch. While we were eating I couldn't sit still and couldn't help trying to look everywhere at once but not sure what I was looking for. It got to the point dad started to get pissed off with me asking, "What the hell is wrong with you?" The only answer I could give was to ask a return question, "Have you seen or heard any sign of life since we got here?" None of us had seen anything. Nothing for game, no squirrels, no songbirds, not anything. Not even the sound of anything in the distance. In that area you could almost set your watch by a breeze coming up from the valley at about 10 o'clock and that was still too. Even the trees were quiet. Jack pine forest always has creaks and groans as an 80 or 90 foot tree that is only 12 inches across at the bottom will sway in the slightest breeze or temperature change. Not one creak, groan or cone dropping to be heard.

To this day I have no idea what caused that "dead zone" type feeling. I had never experienced before and haven't again since. I'll be quite content to never feel it again either.

More in line with the general theme of this thread is the story my dad told me in the mid-80s. He was driving semi at the time. He had a nights layover to get a good rest before taking a load of fish from Prince Rupert to Edmonton which would be about a 16 or 17 hour drive in decent weather. Unfortunately this trip was not to have good weather. A storm rolling in from the coast started to turn to snow about 100 miles inland and he would be in it the whole trip.

He stopped for a late lunch/early supper and filled the thermos with coffee in Smithers before setting out to push the rest of the trip straight through. The road was getting pretty nasty and needed focus by this time. He says as he got rolling he started to notice what looked like someone sitting in the passenger seat out of the corner of his eye but when he looked over, no one there. He says it felt odd but didn't bother him. As darkness set in and the road required even more focus the "passenger" seemed to become more vivid but still not there if he looked directly over. As he came out of the mountain pass onto the prairie around Hinton he says his passenger was just somehow not there anymore.

Even now he will swear someone rode with him for about 600 miles that night.
Link Posted: 10/19/2013 1:44:01 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 6gunfighter2] [#47]
Originally Posted By Basketcase185:

More in line with the general theme of this thread is the story my dad told me in the mid-80s. He was driving semi at the time. He had a nights layover to get a good rest before taking a load of fish from Prince Rupert to Edmonton which would be about a 16 or 17 hour drive in decent weather. Unfortunately this trip was not to have good weather. A storm rolling in from the coast started to turn to snow about 100 miles inland and he would be in it the whole trip.

He stopped for a late lunch/early supper and filled the thermos with coffee in Smithers before setting out to push the rest of the trip straight through. The road was getting pretty nasty and needed focus by this time. He says as he got rolling he started to notice what looked like someone sitting in the passenger seat out of the corner of his eye but when he looked over, no one there. He says it felt odd but didn't bother him. As darkness set in and the road required even more focus the "passenger" seemed to become more vivid but still not there if he looked directly over. As he came out of the mountain pass onto the prairie around Hinton he says his passenger was just somehow not there anymore.

Even now he will swear someone rode with him for about 600 miles that night.
View Quote

Maybe a spirit guide came to him to help guide him through the storm.

I sometimes believe I have a native American spirit guide.
Link Posted: 10/19/2013 2:37:51 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ShadowsNight] [#48]
My parents place where i live at the moment has always been creepy as fuck, foundation laid around 1898ish(and yes made from river rock) out in the "middle" of nowhere but am only about 10 mins from town, surrounded by woods that can be creepy as fuck, though they clearcut behind us over the last summer whick hind of makes this place even creepier when its covered in fog.anyways i digress.

I was around age 10 i think maybe a little younger an  it was about october if i remember right, around 6:20am, which was typical of the time we left the house to drop me off at my older brothers to catch the buss, our roads about half a mile long, we had gone about 100 yards past our mailbox when the highbeams caught something in its light, first thing i knoticed was the eyeshine it was similar to a dogs greenish yellow if i remember right, anyways, this thing was bent down and it appeared to be drinking from a mud puddle by bent down i was reminded of big cats and how they sometimes bent to drink, we slow down trying to figure out what we are looking at when this thing stood up on two legs and walked up our neighbors driveway and  into the woods, my mom looked at me and asked if that was a bear that we saw, i said i had no idea but that i was pretty sure bears dont walk upright for very long and walk with such a natural movement so we beat feet out of there and have only talked about it a few times, though i have spoken with some friends when we were talking about odd experiences.

God i love this thread keep it going
Link Posted: 10/19/2013 3:20:40 AM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By ShadowsNight:
My parents place where i live at the moment has always been creepy as fuck, foundation laid around 1898ish(and yes made from river rock) out in the "middle" of nowhere but am only about 10 mins from town, surrounded by woods that can be creepy as fuck, though they clearcut behind us over the last summer whick hind of makes this place even creepier when its covered in fog.anyways i digress.

I was around age 10 i think maybe a little younger an  it was about october if i remember right, around 6:20am, which was typical of the time we left the house to drop me off at my older brothers to catch the buss, our roads about half a mile long, we had gone about 100 yards past our mailbox when the highbeams caught something in its light, first thing i knoticed was the eyeshine it was similar to a dogs greenish yellow if i remember right, anyways, this thing was bent down and it appeared to be drinking from a mud puddle by bent down i was reminded of big cats and how they sometimes bent to drink, we slow down trying to figure out what we are looking at when this thing stood up on two legs and walked up our neighbors driveway and  into the woods, my mom looked at me and asked if that was a bear that we saw, i said i had no idea but that i was pretty sure bears dont walk upright for very long and walk with such a natural movement so we beat feet out of there and have only talked about it a few times, though i have spoken with some friends when we were talking about odd experiences.

View Quote

Note to others:

If you do keep it going, write better than this post.
That shit was painful to read.
Link Posted: 10/19/2013 3:24:18 AM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By Ohio:

Note to others:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Ohio:
Originally Posted By ShadowsNight:

Note to others:

Blow me
Page / 149
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top