Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/3/2021 11:36:07 PM EDT
Deus Ex Review | Stop Globalists™ | Tase Children™

Link Posted: 1/4/2021 3:34:25 AM EDT
[#1]
I have it and never played it.  What is the best mod?
Link Posted: 1/4/2021 5:26:18 AM EDT
[#2]
Deus Ex is the only game I've played that made my choices feel like they were actually impacting the story. I should go back and finish it
Link Posted: 1/4/2021 6:20:23 AM EDT
[#3]
I’ve had that game for years and have never played it.
Link Posted: 1/5/2021 4:26:06 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I’ve had that game for years and have never played it.
View Quote

I bought mine during one of the Steam sales dirt cheap because i had and liked the newer ones.  Played it for about 10 minutes and gave up due to the older interface and controls.  I play a lot of older DOS games, but just wasn't in the mood for dealing with it at that time i guess.

Is the story better then the later games?
Link Posted: 1/5/2021 4:38:04 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I have it and never played it.  What is the best mod?
View Quote

Deus Ex Revision is really well done.

I also made a mod called Modern(ish) Combat, it can be found on ModDB.

I totally concede to Revision though it's prettier. I do like the AI/Gunplay in my mod better though.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/397550/Deus_Ex_Revision/

Link Posted: 1/6/2021 1:33:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted: Played it for about 10 minutes and gave up due to the older interface and controls.
View Quote

Do yourself a favor and deal with it. It's a fantastic game and in my top 3 PC games of all time.
Link Posted: 1/7/2021 1:42:23 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Do yourself a favor and deal with it. It's a fantastic game and in my top 3 PC games of all time.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted: Played it for about 10 minutes and gave up due to the older interface and controls.

I bought it when it first came out and felt the same way. I shelved it for a few years and eventually went back to it again. Now I play the game at least once a year. No mods. I love everything about it, simple yet complex. Great story and map design.

It is an RPG at heart so the controls are somewhat janky at the start by design.

It is easily in the top 10 pc games ever
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 6:28:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Be nice if they did a remake of that game.
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 9:49:29 AM EDT
[#9]
It is kind of amazing how bad they made the game look.

It uses the Unreal engine and looks much worse than pretty much all other games using it, including games released before it.

Compare it to the Wheel of Time game for example, that was released the year before and looks beautiful.

I know, gameplay before graphics, but it is like they tried to make it look bad.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 8:00:04 AM EDT
[#10]
I loved Deus Ex. One of the best games I've ever played.

Edit:
Set DeusEx.JCDentonMale bCheatsEnabled True
SpawnMass Hooker1 1000

Link Posted: 1/12/2021 10:01:26 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I loved Deus Ex. One of the best games I've ever played.

Edit:
Set DeusEx.JCDentonMale bCheatsEnabled True
SpawnMass Hooker1 1000

View Quote

Set vase1 bexplosive true
Spawnmass vase1 1000
/Shoots vase1, game crashes lol.

set weaponassaultgun reload count 999
Set weaponassaultgun damage 40
Set weaponassaultgun range 2000
Set weaponassaultgun bcanhavescope true

My favorite is summoning dogs/cats over water. Since they don't have a swimming animation they bounce on the water higher and higher each time they touch it.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 3:39:16 AM EDT
[#12]
That game was fucking amazing and I beat it quite a few times back in the day. Like Idiocracy, it's depressing how prophetic it was.

On a lighter note, Human Revolution was pretty fucking great too.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 6:21:42 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Be nice if they did a remake of that game.
View Quote

Agreed.
Link Posted: 1/31/2021 11:39:12 AM EDT
[#14]
How's the latest game, I heard a lot of complaints at launch, any mods to make it decent?

Quoted:
That game was fucking amazing and I beat it quite a few times back in the day. Like Idiocracy, it's depressing how prophetic it was.

View Quote

I've been in so many meetings where I wish I could pop a blade out of my forearm as part of "corporate negotiations."

Kharn
Link Posted: 1/31/2021 11:43:19 AM EDT
[#15]
The combat took some getting used to , but once you figured it out, it was a great game. My goal on each level was to knock out all enemies and then blow up any robots. I spent way too much time doing that. The story is really good. The graphics, not so much, but I am used to games that don't look great, but have a great story.
Link Posted: 1/31/2021 12:36:06 PM EDT
[#16]
Deus Ex games, all of them, were my favorites.

I am not an avid gamer, usually only in the winter months to have something to do.

I wish a new version would come out.
Link Posted: 2/5/2021 4:00:08 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
How's the latest game, I heard a lot of complaints at launch, any mods to make it decent?

I've been in so many meetings where I wish I could pop a blade out of my forearm as part of "corporate negotiations."

Kharn
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Kharn
How about just body slamming anybody you want? There was a hilarious compilation video on youtube a few years ago. I think it got taken down because it was hate speech against women.

Link Posted: 2/10/2021 6:30:05 PM EDT
[#18]
I think I broke my game lol

Deus Ex Frenzy Mode Part 1:

Deus Ex Frenzy Mode: Part 2

I basically made a Frenzy Mode, similar to Insurgency Sandstorm or COD Zombies.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top