Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/17/2020 10:46:51 PM EDT

Body was DOA.  
105D took a big shot on the front of the lens.  It works...but...autofocus is hard and painful.  It is retired.
The flash (pictured later) has a hi tech structural strengthening material to protect it from anything.  It's fine.  

A couple of the D7100's greatest hits.

From the last series.
Cat Mafia in the Library.  Looking for the book about how to get thumbs.

One of my favorites

The successor to the late D7100.  The venerable D7200.  Bought an LN from KEH.
This image taken by my antique D3100.  Destined to live in a dresser drawer.
Link Posted: 4/18/2020 12:01:42 AM EDT
[#1]
Good photos!  

I have a Minolta Maxxum 7000i SLR I bought back in 1990.  I pretty much let the camera do the settings, as I never really learned how to really play with it and the settings.  I haven't used it in years, and have the good digital flash set up they offered for it all packed away.  I don't know if it's something anyone would want or use these days with digital cameras though.
Link Posted: 4/18/2020 9:52:46 PM EDT
[#2]
I want a 70-210 f4!
Link Posted: 4/19/2020 8:40:31 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I want a 70-210 f4!
View Quote

Nikon made them for 18 months between 1986-1988.  It was one of their top end lenses back in the day.
I bought it specifically for the constant aperture and the range.  Crop in the D7200 and it gets to 409MM.
With the demise of my 105D, the 70-210 gets much more action.

It does a good job for glass that old.  I think I paid $200 at KEH for it years ago.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top