Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page General » SCUBA
Site Notices
Posted: 1/1/2021 5:17:43 PM EDT
Time for that thread again!              2020 saw a lot of people's plans get knocked in the dirt. Mine as well. All my trips ended up getting cancelled.

For 2021, we have 2 booked and a third planned.

PDC, Cozumel, and Cenotes in May.
Bonaire in September and October.
Looking at a wreck trip to Gulf Shores or Pcola in Late October.

Whatcha hoping for?
Link Posted: 1/1/2021 5:42:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Packing for Cozumel right now!
Link Posted: 1/1/2021 5:42:39 PM EDT
[#2]
just booked a 2 week trip to French Polynesia.  End of January. My wife and I have both already had Wuhan Flu (No big deal, less than regular flu)

United from SFO on a 787 in 1st class, WOO HOO!
Link Posted: 1/1/2021 6:12:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
just booked a 2 week trip to French Polynesia.  End of January. My wife and I have both already had Wuhan Flu (No big deal, less than regular flu)

United from SFO on a 787 in 1st class, WOO HOO!
View Quote

I'm profoundly jealous. I want to do a 2 or 3 week south pacific trip, but my employer wants to send me to a 6 month school in 2022, and they don't know if it'll be the first or second half of the year.
Link Posted: 1/1/2021 8:08:14 PM EDT
[#4]
If Italy opens up I’d like ride the bike path around Lake Garda with my family. That would be very cool.
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 2:05:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Roatan  Honduras
In June
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 2:46:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Just got back from Cozumel last night.  Hurry and go there now!  Cruise ships aren't allowed to visit, so downtown is a little less crowded than normal.  Diving is great, dive shops are all open and happy to have you there!
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 3:11:49 PM EDT
[#7]
My wife and I leave for Tahiti, Bora Bora, and Moorea on the 28th for two weeks.. it's the perfect time to go, our adult daughter is living at home because of  and working from our house , so she can take care of the dogs We both had Wuhan flu and I want to use up our frequent flyer miles and Hilton points before they start taxing them too. We're going to be staying in those  overwater Bungalows on each island I would never pay cash for it but we had over a million Hilton points, Now we don't.
Also we bought the coach tickets and are using miles to upgrade I'm down to only 579 miles. But I'm a million Miler and gold for life so I'm not too worried about burning them all on this trip.

Link Posted: 1/10/2021 10:48:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Flying mid week to Bonaire is so much cheaper than the weekend that we're extending our trip to ten days, and even with the higher stay and car rental costs, we're saving $500. WIN. If it goes.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 12:10:05 AM EDT
[#9]
I got certified in October of last year.  I'm planning quick easy road trips to dive in Destin/Navarre.  Several of those, while I'm researching a fall/winter trip to Florida Keys.
Link Posted: 1/29/2021 2:14:52 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Time for that thread again!              2020 saw a lot of people's plans get knocked in the dirt. Mine as well. All my trips ended up getting cancelled.

For 2021, we have 2 booked and a third planned.

PDC, Cozumel, and Cenotes in May.
Bonaire in September and October.
Looking at a wreck trip to Gulf Shores or Pcola in Late October.

Whatcha hoping for?
View Quote

Wife & I moved to Kauai for work so its easy breezy walk-ins for now, and once Space-A opens back up, its hop down to KWAJ for world class wrecks & pristine wall drifts!!

Maybe a 'get away' to Palau that we had booked in 2020, but, I don't think they are gonna open this year...  

~Will
Link Posted: 1/29/2021 12:16:18 PM EDT
[#11]
Just got my Bonaire tickets booked. 10 days in the fall. THEN they announced that they're requiring a negative antigen test within 4 hours of boarding at your trip start.  In response to that announcement, United (not who I booked through) cancelled all flights through June, as they know that's going to be impossible for most people since most flights from feeder airports to hubs are EARLY AM.
Link Posted: 4/4/2021 9:32:01 PM EDT
[#12]
Wrong section
Link Posted: 4/5/2021 5:21:40 PM EDT
[#13]
Wife and I went to CZM for a week and planned for 4 days of diving. Returned on 3/28. The port was closed for 2 of those due to high wind. Cruise ships are due to return pretty soon. The diving was good, though I'm not a big fan of the operator we used. They weren't bad, just not up to the level of expectations that Aldora has set. The other folks on the boat used them a lot, so maybe we were all treated as "family" instead of "customers". No biggie, but an annoyance. My wife likes to be pampered. She did have some issues with the rented gear, too, which they kinda brushed aside. So, we'll be shopping and taking all our gear so that I can remove that problem from future equations. I am a lot more along the lines of "just keep the tanks full and point me in the direction of the water".
Link Posted: 4/24/2021 11:58:27 PM EDT
[#14]
Cozumel with aldora - end of June.
Link Posted: 4/25/2021 10:43:29 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Cozumel with aldora - end of June.
View Quote

Aldora has always provided top-notch service. Looking forward to a trip report.

I have another week scheduled in Mexico, Cabo San Lucas. I've never been there. Breaking in yet another dive operator may be interesting. My wife found Manta Scuba Diving. They look good with the minimal research I've done. Anyone have experience with them?
Link Posted: 4/26/2021 7:08:11 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Aldora has always provided top-notch service. Looking forward to a trip report.

I have another week scheduled in Mexico, Cabo San Lucas. I've never been there. Breaking in yet another dive operator may be interesting. My wife found Manta Scuba Diving. They look good with the minimal research I've done. Anyone have experience with them?
View Quote

If you’re researching dive ops, check out ScubaBoard. Lots there about MX.
Link Posted: 4/26/2021 3:27:22 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
My wife and I leave for Tahiti, Bora Bora, and Moorea on the 28th for two weeks.. it's the perfect time to go, our adult daughter is living at home because of  and working from our house , so she can take care of the dogs We both had Wuhan flu and I want to use up our frequent flyer miles and Hilton points before they start taxing them too. We're going to be staying in those  overwater Bungalows on each island I would never pay cash for it but we had over a million Hilton points, Now we don't.
Also we bought the coach tickets and are using miles to upgrade I'm down to only 579 miles. But I'm a million Miler and gold for life so I'm not too worried about burning them all on this trip.

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSxfarE4uqtsFsp9pXGlFp_qJDc-IVaIWZIfw&usqp=CAU
View Quote

It is a beautiful country.  We flew in an out of Papeete (main city on Tahiti) bought some pearls there.  Spent most of our time in the small atolls Fakarava, Tikehau, and Rangiroa.  The diving there was spectacular.  Most dives were at the atoll inlets where the ocean flows into the atoll water body.  So many sharks just swimming around.  We had a few days on Moorea the diving there was average not as pretty as the atolls although we saw plenty of turtles and a large lemon shark.  Snorkleing around the overwater bungalows there were schools of fish, small sharks and the giant clams.

Cant wait to go again.
Link Posted: 5/6/2021 9:55:27 PM EDT
[#18]
Finally got my chick's new rig sorted out and got her happy in it today.  We head to Mexico in a few days. After having several trips cancelled over the past 18 months, I'm having trouble believing that it's finally going to actually happen. Now if we can just get the American carriers to start flying to Bonaire, we'll be good for the next trip.
Link Posted: 5/6/2021 10:28:39 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Roatan  Honduras
In June
View Quote

The girls are super easy.  Especially on Utila.
Link Posted: 5/10/2021 1:32:12 AM EDT
[#20]
Going to go bag an octopus in the Sound!
Link Posted: 5/10/2021 9:45:32 AM EDT
[#21]
Wife, daughter, and myself just got certified... going to Oahu for our first dives.
Link Posted: 5/10/2021 11:00:35 AM EDT
[#22]
Anyone snorkeled with Rosie in Cozumel? She is gone now, don't know the cause. But wow what a guide. Every trip she was on her "A" game, with lots to see and enjoy. We miss her.
Link Posted: 5/22/2021 10:24:50 PM EDT
[#23]
French Polynesia , three weeks in October.  It is currently closed but I have higher expectations than our Indonesian trip that was originally scheduled.  Tickets and accommodations booked.
Link Posted: 5/22/2021 10:29:17 PM EDT
[#24]
Stockholm Sweden

No diving this year.  Lol
Page General » SCUBA
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top