Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/18/2020 1:43:33 PM EDT
IT IS WELL WITH MY SOUL (Arr. David Wise) #ItIsWell #StudioSinging #NashvilleStrong
Link Posted: 4/20/2020 11:02:49 AM EDT
[#1]

One of the most beautiful expressions of simultaneous grief and hope humanity has ever created. Chokes me up every time.

Trivia time. The person in the bible who said "It is well" was the Shunamite woman (2 Kings 4:26). She was a barren woman whom Elisha had prophesied would have a son and the son just died. She said "It is well" as a complete lie and was a polite way of telling Gehazi (Elisha's servant) to get out of her way, she was going to see Elisha and tell him off for bringing such grief on her.  

Additional note: Gehazi wasn't a great guy and interested in financial gain as a part of doing God's work (2 King 5:20-27). Reading between the lines, score one for her knowing something about the guy's character.  
Link Posted: 4/21/2020 7:54:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

One of the most beautiful expressions of simultaneous grief and hope humanity has ever created. Chokes me up every time.

Trivia time. The person in the bible who said "It is well" was the Shunamite woman (2 Kings 4:26). She was a barren woman whom Elisha had prophesied would have a son and the son just died. She said "It is well" as a complete lie and was a polite way of telling Gehazi (Elisha's servant) to get out of her way, she was going to see Elisha and tell him off for bringing such grief on her.  

Additional note: Gehazi wasn't a great guy and interested in financial gain as a part of doing God's work (2 King 5:20-27). Reading between the lines, score one for her knowing something about the guy's character.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I did not know that, thanks
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top