Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Link Posted: 6/11/2022 12:42:16 PM EDT
[#1]
If you mean the so-called 'tic-tac' object, definitely no.
Link Posted: 6/11/2022 2:37:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If you mean the so-called 'tic-tac' object, definitely no.
View Quote

Thats what I was wondering.   I know we have been speculating if the tic tac where drones, so I was curious if this was an official admital.  Guess not.
Link Posted: 6/11/2022 3:26:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Thats what I was wondering.   I know we have been speculating if the tic tac where drones, so I was curious if this was an official admital.  Guess not.
View Quote

Right.  Well, at least not Chicom drones.  Because if they have some kind of rig that can deliver the performance that the pilots attribute to the tic-tacs, well . . .
Link Posted: 6/11/2022 9:02:41 PM EDT
[#4]
This is the one of 140 sightings that the Navy had an explanation for in their official report. I always thought those were sub or ship launched drones. Article said as many as 11 were airborne at one time, one as high as 21,000 feet. That's quite a drone.

My guess is it was a training event for the Chinese, practicing their drone swarm techniques. Any drone that can fly that high can also likely carry enough payload to take out a ships radar systems, particularly if there are a dozen or more of them coming in fast.

Looks like they launched from a passing cargo ship. Makes me wonder if they were designed to be recovered, or more likely, self destruct over the ocean
Link Posted: 6/14/2022 5:36:27 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote

The "Tic Tac" witnessed by Commander Fravor exhibited aerodynamic behaviors that involved lateral G forces that are beyond the structural engineering limits of anything produced by man - yet, anyway.

No, the Chinese do not have drones capable of doing what he witnessed.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top