Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
Durkin Tactical Franklin Armory
User Panel

Posted: 11/16/2021 10:33:41 PM EST

My wife is going to kill me simply because I can't find ANYWHERE in the USA the matching dishwasher to our new kitchen appliance lineup.  

HELP ME ARFCOM, or I'm going to be doing the dishes by hand for the next 8-12 months...  

Bosch SHPM78Z54N

https://www.bosch-home.com/us/productslist/dishwashers/top-controls/SHPM78Z54N

ps
https://www.bosch-home.com/us/owner-support/supply-chain-letter
"You may be aware of the serious shortages in global supplies of parts and materials currently affecting a great many industries around the world. These shortages — amongst other logistical issues — affect the whole appliance industry, our Bosch brand, and certainly our customers. This worldwide situation has made keeping up with an increased demand for our products very challenging. In some instances, this has resulted in extensive delays in the fulfillment of orders. The length of these delays vary from product to product on a daily basis, but fulfillment delays for some products have recently been around 8 to 12 months."
Link Posted: 11/16/2021 10:35:39 PM EST
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/16/2021 10:39:08 PM EST
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have to imagine it's beyond retarded these days.
View Quote

the 87 places i've called fall into two camps:

1) we don't have any ETA from Bosch, it could be next week or it could be next November, but we'll take your money now.
2) we don't have any ETA from Bosch, it could be next week or it could be next November, so you might want to order a different brand/model which we also can't get very many of.
Link Posted: 11/16/2021 10:41:22 PM EST
[#3]
Link Posted: 11/16/2021 10:53:49 PM EST
[#4]
My mom has been waiting since January for a Bosch dishwasher.
Link Posted: 11/16/2021 11:25:46 PM EST
[#5]
Quoted:
My mom has been waiting since January for a Bosch dishwasher.
View Quote

If you need something like this...  you need to start a search, using your location as the center...  ever widening...  and call every place that carries appliances.  Do NOT depend on internet inventories.  This is the way.  It works.  You might have to bribe someone to ship it, or drive a long way to pick it up...  but trust me....   I've been doing this for 18 months for a lot of stuff and one of those things was a Bosch Dishwasher.
Link Posted: 11/16/2021 11:29:03 PM EST
[#6]
Bosch makes the same washer with a plastic non stainless tub

the door skin is all kitchen six cared about
Link Posted: 11/16/2021 11:32:46 PM EST
[#7]
Quoted:

If you need something like this...  you need to start a search, using your location as the center...  ever widening...  and call every place that carries appliances.  Do NOT depend on internet inventories.  This is the way.  It works.  You might have to bribe someone to ship it, or drive a long way to pick it up...  but trust me....   I've been doing this for 18 months for a lot of stuff and one of those things was a Bosch Dishwasher.
View Quote

Yep. 100% this.
Remodeled the cabin back home.
Apparently the women in the family wanted all new appliances.
We ended up having family from all over the country delivering shit from all over the fucking country.

Washer+dryer came from MO.
Fridge came from TX.
Stove came from MI.
The microwave came from MT.

All so we could have matching appliances as at a fucking cabin in the woods in Minnesota.
Link Posted: 11/16/2021 11:40:11 PM EST
[#8]
What's wrong with the kitchen sink?

I know a lady who just went threw a month of hell with a dishwasher. It was a saga of you have to drive 100 miles to pick it up, it leaked all the oil out the 1st night, replacement was at store 100 miles away, that one leaked, processed the replacement online.....no record of it at the store. Finally got one shipped from where ever and it looked like the dropped it off the back of the truck but it didn't leak. Raised unholy hell and got half the price refunded.
Link Posted: 11/16/2021 11:41:37 PM EST
[#9]
We are working on a new home for a customer. They ordered their Bosch range in Feb of this year. It is still not in. They move in in 3 weeks
Link Posted: 11/16/2021 11:54:52 PM EST
[#11]
Thought that was why wedding dresses were white, so the dishwasher matched the other appliances.
Link Posted: 11/17/2021 12:20:05 AM EST
[#12]

that's the problem with most internet retailers -- the shipping date info on the ordering page is utter BS.  
i've called the outfit above about 3 times over the past month, and every time they tell me delivery will be somewhere between 6 and 52 weeks away.

at least some places are completely up front either on their web page or on the phone: "there is no ETA".
Link Posted: 11/17/2021 12:21:28 AM EST
[#13]
Good luck!

My mother ordered her stainless steel appliances in March, with an expected delivery date of July.

She’s still waiting for them.
Link Posted: 11/17/2021 12:23:40 AM EST
[#14]
Quoted:
Thought that was why wedding dresses were white, so the dishwasher matched the other appliances.
View Quote

Nice!

@Ar-jedi put a call in to these guys, they are local to me and I bought my speed queen from them. If they can get one but refuse to ship it I can help you out.

https://www.northpointappliance.com/index.html
Link Posted: 11/17/2021 12:24:27 AM EST
[#15]
Quoted:
I bought my Bosch dishwasher on Craigslist. The lady was doing a kitchen remodel, and just wanted it gone. It was maybe 2 years old. It's an idea.
View Quote

I could never get a used dishwasher after the cat thread
Link Posted: 11/17/2021 12:30:26 AM EST
[#16]
Link Posted: 11/17/2021 12:31:31 AM EST
[#17]
I think people need to come to terms with the idea of putting in an order on things to get them. A lot of shit is not going back to being 'in stock' for a long while.
Link Posted: 11/17/2021 12:42:35 AM EST
[#18]
Quoted:
I think people need to come to terms with the idea of putting in an order on things to get them. A lot of shit is not going back to being 'in stock' for a long while.
View Quote

i would order .... but ... my local place said that their dishwasher orders, when submitted into the Bosch system, do not have estimated fulfillment dates on them.
and they told me that it would not be any different for any other authorized retailer.
Link Posted: 11/17/2021 12:44:29 AM EST
[#19]
Quoted:
Ar-jedi put a call in to these guys, they are local to me and I bought my speed queen from them. If they can get one but refuse to ship it I can help you out.

https://www.northpointappliance.com/index.html
View Quote

ARFCOM delivers.  i'll call them on Wed.
Link Posted: 11/17/2021 12:45:46 AM EST
[#20]
Link Posted: 11/17/2021 12:50:34 AM EST
[#21]
Quoted:

i would order .... but ... my local place said that their dishwasher orders, when submitted into the Bosch system, do not have estimated fulfillment dates on them.
and they told me that it would not be any different for any other authorized retailer.
View Quote

They're telling the truth. Stick with local dealer. Find a cheap or used one for the time being. Or use paper plates.
Link Posted: 11/17/2021 8:09:18 AM EST
[#22]
Quoted:
They're telling the truth. Stick with local dealer. Find a cheap or used one for the time being. Or use paper plates.
View Quote

i haven't given up hope yet.  
Link Posted: 11/17/2021 8:13:10 AM EST
[#23]
Quoted:
I had to wait like 3 months for my Bosch refrigerator. Ordered it just as the pandemic was kicking off.

I have to imagine it's beyond retarded these days.
View Quote

I can buy all the parts for my cheap ass fridge and dishwasher. I've just had to fix both (both ten years old). The motor for the dishwasher set me back about $20 and the timer for the fridge was $10.
Link Posted: 11/17/2021 8:25:23 AM EST
[#24]
Link Posted: 11/17/2021 10:52:24 AM EST
[#25]
I remember the disclaimer back in the day of waiting 6-8 weeks for delivery of something you mail ordered. This is of course beyond that, but people have forgot what waiting for stuff is like.

My wife wants to get rid of our Bosch dishwasher as it sucks at washing dishes. I told her that it is not as easy as just running down to the store and buying one. I had to take whatever was in the store for my fridge and washer and dryer. The washer and dryer are what I wanted but the wrong color. The fridge is what I wanted.
Link Posted: 11/23/2021 4:03:13 PM EST
[#26]
should I play powerball this week?

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/23/2021 10:38:48 PM EST
[#27]
Quoted:

My wife is going to kill me simply because I can't find ANYWHERE in the USA the matching dishwasher to our new kitchen appliance lineup.  

HELP ME ARFCOM, or I'm going to be doing the dishes by hand for the next 8-12 months...  

Bosch SHPM78Z54N

https://www.bosch-home.com/us/productslist/dishwashers/top-controls/SHPM78Z54N

ps
https://www.bosch-home.com/us/owner-support/supply-chain-letter
"You may be aware of the serious shortages in global supplies of parts and materials currently affecting a great many industries around the world. These shortages — amongst other logistical issues — affect the whole appliance industry, our Bosch brand, and certainly our customers. This worldwide situation has made keeping up with an increased demand for our products very challenging. In some instances, this has resulted in extensive delays in the fulfillment of orders. The length of these delays vary from product to product on a daily basis, but fulfillment delays for some products have recently been around 8 to 12 months."
View Quote

Good choice. Got that model in my kitchen.

And use the cascade fryer boil out detergent.  It is identical to the old cascade w phosphorous. Aka the stuff that works
Link Posted: 11/23/2021 10:52:38 PM EST
[#28]
Bought a Bosch rangea few months ago.  They said it was the last one available for a while.  

Now you got me wondering, wife put a downpayment on one to get on the list this week.

Just discovered our garbage disposal is leaking, guess what I get to do tomorrow.  

An error occurred on the server when processing the URL. Please contact the system administrator.

If you are the system administrator please click here to find out more about this error.