Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/23/2022 2:20:14 AM EDT
I have my reasons to ask.

I would like to buy it at Wally world then reload it with cash at wally world.

I expect fees. I have no issue with that.
Link Posted: 7/23/2022 2:27:40 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/23/2022 3:51:16 AM EDT
[#2]
Page 1
Link Posted: 7/23/2022 4:42:47 AM EDT
[#3]
You DO know that they have multiple cameras at every Wal-Mart Service desk?

Do you have a full disguise kit - glasses, wig, overcoat, big brim hat, fake teeth & make up that you can wear in hundred degree heat?

BIGGER_HAMMER
Link Posted: 7/23/2022 4:47:13 AM EDT
[#4]
Probably the free government issued pre loaded cards given out to illegals, VAX bribes, and various inner city activist programs.
Link Posted: 7/23/2022 6:03:54 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I have my reasons to ask.

I would like to buy it at Wally world then reload it with cash at wally world.

I expect fees. I have no issue with that.
View Quote

Would that reason be buying serialized "toys" that require an FFL transfer?  Hiding purchases from the little woman?

Purchasing the card "anonymously" is probably not so much a problem as registering the card would be.

AFAIK pre-paid debit cards are not reloadable and have a limit of $500. If you do choose to get one at $500 you'll be asked for ID and it will likely be scanned (Homeland Security anti-terrorist money laundering).

These cards also have a one-time fee (when you purchase the card). There are no fees charged each time you use it.

Link Posted: 7/23/2022 6:19:06 AM EDT
[#6]
nothing is anonymous anymore
Link Posted: 7/23/2022 6:53:01 AM EDT
[#7]
If you're going to use one online, most retailers won't accept the card unless it's registered with your name and address.

You can get one and use it in-person without registering it, but you won't be too "anonymous", unless you're not counting the camera that watches nearly every point-of-sale terminal.
Link Posted: 7/23/2022 12:38:37 PM EDT
[#8]
I simply use cash for everything (except online purchases of course).
I buy new vehicles for cash and built my house for cash.
Cash is simple quick easy... and it's non electronic so it always works.
Link Posted: 7/23/2022 5:40:00 PM EDT
[#9]
The short answer is no.

Retailers have enthusiastically embraced government surveillance on this.

You could probably use a cutout to do it with SOME anonymity for something low risk like subscribing to your ex’s OnlyFans, but if the government gets involved, you’re not hiding.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top