Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/19/2021 7:08:19 PM EDT
I've probed around the site and couldn't easily find any threads urging members to submit Comments to the Gov about the ATF's proposed rule changes to the use of Pistol Braces.  Why is that?  Site's too big? Too many subsections?  Shouldn't we be posting "sticky" threads on all sections and subsections asking members to submit comments, even if they're only stickies temporarily?  Isn't this a serious issue for all who frequent this website?  Shouldn't we be seeing more vids from "influencers" on how to submit legitimate, well-written, comments?  Today it's braces, tomorrow it's what, optics, lights, membership to a range, number of times you've liked a gun-related youtube vid?

We all know the proposed rules, the ATF's lack of clarity, intimidation techniques, and back and forth changing of opinions on how braces can be used, and even the regulation of SBRs are total BS, since a Hi-Point pistol is as lethal as an AR pistol, and neither a brace, barrel length, nor any other non-regulated accessory attached to a firearms is going to change it's intended use, since unlike Disney cartoons, inanimate objects don't think, talk, or move by themselves.

Could it be that having to submit an email that may be viewable to the public be holding people back from commenting?  If anyone seriously thinks that big brother doesn't know, or can't easily find out, what you have in your closet, then you need to open your eyes.

So, is there a long Proposed ATF Brace Rule Changes thread somewhere?  If so, is there a way to make it more visible?

We can't give up for one minute, no matter how convincing the idiots think this Circus is!

Gov site for submitting a formal comment

Link Posted: 7/19/2021 9:54:01 PM EDT
[#1]
That is a good idea to sticky these kinds of issues as they affect a ton of us on here.
I don't know what mod would do that kind of thing though, I'll try @striker
If you search "fire mission" in the titles there was a few.
The one I started on the brace comment thing got a few pages in and fizzled out.
Attention spans these days, mine included, are to short...
Link Posted: 7/20/2021 12:16:50 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That is a good idea to sticky these kinds of issues as they affect a ton of us on here.
I don't know what mod would do that kind of thing though, I'll try @striker
If you search "fire mission" in the titles there was a few.
The one I started on the brace comment thing got a few pages in and fizzled out.
Attention spans these days, mine included, are to short...
View Quote

120,500 public comments submitted to the gov site linked, and there's a chance a few are from the antis.  How many posts are started per day on this site alone?  Attention span when shopping for build parts or reading posts on the Gucciest scope mount ever made is, unfortunately, expected, but it's hard to believe Pro 2A people are not submitting comments and citing reasons why they disagree with the proposed changes due to laziness!  Then, when our rights are further eroded, people have no clue how the Left managed to it.

People must at least skim through the proposed changes, state they are against the proposed changes, and list a few reasons why.  If one take 10 minutes to read through what is proposed, they will find no shortage of reasons to disagree with the stupidity, and continued ATF vagueness, being proposed!

Braces are a lot more mainstream than bump stocks and binary triggers. But, as has been said before, they won't stop at braces; the left is worse than cancer!
Link Posted: 7/20/2021 7:42:12 AM EDT
[#3]
Agreed!
Link Posted: 7/20/2021 12:17:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top