Is the trigger really better?
I shoot lights out with my 2.0s stock.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 8:11:39 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thoughts on a sig p320?
View Quote

I've had 4 226 and 3 320s.  I know, I know, bore axis doesnt matter for a shooter.  Well it does matter that the sight picture is different than all my other pistols.  Cover the whole target with the slide.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 8:13:34 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Yeah, but it’s called a Walther PPQ.
View Quote

Yes 2.0

My only plastic are 2.0s and ppq
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 8:22:25 AM EDT
[#5]
As others have pointed out, its not the angle itself, its that stupid fucking hump.

P80s are fine for me, OEM Glocks just suck for me to shoot.

That being said, I'll take most CZ-75 or Beretta 92 derivatives over a P80 or especially over a true Glock
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 8:23:55 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Just curiois OP, how much time have you spent actually shooting the glock?

I use to bitch about grip angle, pointing high, etc... and researching alternatives to fix what I thought was an objective issue turned out to be subjective after I started really shooting the gun.

Proper grip and thumbs forward really changed it for me. Now I love shooting glocks. I haven't made a switch to them over other handguns its just became another gun I shoot well now.

View Quote
This.

when from Hi Power and CZs to Glocks.

took a bit but now Glocks feel and handle just fine.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 8:32:31 AM EDT
[#7]
The number one thing to do with a Glock is put your trigger finger on the slide or all the way to the ejection port when presenting the pistol.  Putting it beside the trigger will have you pointing at the sky.  The number 2 thing to do is practice.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 8:34:31 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Whats the opinions on the Canik TP9 and Arex Deltas?

I have held the Canik TP9 Elite and it was nice. The Arex also feels good in the hand but needs extended mag and slide releases.

Never shot either.
View Quote

What is the parts availability situation for those?
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 8:36:37 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Sometimes in a shooting, you don't have time to use the sights and a weird grip angle will throw off your shots if you don't train with the gun much. ie, practice with a normal-angled gun but carry a Glock on duty.
View Quote

That doesn't make any sense.  Why would you not practice with the Glock that you carry daily?
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 8:42:53 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

The issue is mostly settled with a weird trick called "science!". An overlay of grip angles between the most popular gun shows a deviation of less than 7 degrees in either direction.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sometimes in a shooting, you don't have time to use the sights and a weird grip angle will throw off your shots if you don't train with the gun much. ie, practice with a normal-angled gun but carry a Glock on duty.

The issue is mostly settled with a weird trick called "science!". An overlay of grip angles between the most popular gun shows a deviation of less than 7 degrees in either direction.

And how many feet will you be shooting high (or low) if your grip angle is 7 degrees different at 5 yards?
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 8:44:14 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have held the Canik TP9 Elite and it was nice. The Arex also feels good in the hand but needs extended mag and slide releases.

Never shot either.

That's where I'm at with all Turkanese firearms.
As someone said about foreign surplus, same principle, one day here, the next not.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 8:47:18 AM EDT
[#12]
Polymer80 frame is the answer. You can even get them in serialized format if you're looking to avoid the hassle of milling out an 80% (and possible tolerance / pin walk issues). By far better than normal Glock frames, in my opinion.

The P320 X5s are, IMHO, substantially better guns out of the box than the Glock MOS pistols, albeit I haven't messed with the gen5s.

ETA: also, learn to use your sights instinctively. If you're so close you don't need them, then your grip angle is even more inconsequential.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 8:48:21 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

That doesn't make any sense.  Why would you not practice with the Glock that you carry daily?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Exactly, which is why glock is brilliant, similar to apple users, once you commit they own you.  Anyone can shoot paper with different models but to intuitively point with anything you own,  it has to be intuitive.   I dont own glocks or sigs for this very reason, yes I can still hit with them.  Im a utilitarian collector, I love them all but they need to fit at this point.

ETA and I've been through a number of glocks and sigs because I listen to you homos.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 8:48:22 AM EDT
[#14]
Grip Zone.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 8:53:46 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Maybe someone grew up shooting a Glock then joined the military and got issued an M18 or M9. Maybe someone is law enforcement with a duty Glock and Guard / Reserve military with a duty M18 and has to practice with both. Perhaps the tables are turned and someone grows up shooting a 1911 then becomes a cop and has to carry a Glock.

Regardless, I noticed a big difference in my natural point of aim (it was off) when doing dry fire drills with a Glock after years of practice with other handguns. So I ended up selling my Glock. Maybe it was grip angle, maybe it was something else. Don't really care. There are plenty of great guns out there without looking to Glock. They're good too, but different. The PC v. Apple was a good analogy. Both good but most people pick one and stick with it.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 8:55:27 AM EDT
[#16]
You may be shocked to learn your wrists actually move in all manner of directions.

This remains true even when holding objects in your hand.

You may be equally shocked to discover that Glock pistols come equipped with convenient aiming devices called "sights" that, in combination with the amazing ability to move your wrists, allows you to overcome this titanic struggle you're having OP.

I wish you luck and god-speed in your quest to unravel the mystery of wrists.

Link Posted: 1/21/2021 9:00:38 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

As someone said about foreign surplus, same principle, one day here, the next not.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Never shot either.

Canik, I have seen parts and mags. Arex.. not so much. I am also not looking, so maybe they're around. Couldn't tell you.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 9:09:47 AM EDT
[#18]
Meh, concentrate on the front sight and not the grip angle and the holes will be where you want them.

Link Posted: 1/21/2021 9:12:02 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
You may be shocked to learn your wrists actually move in all manner of directions.

This remains true even when holding objects in your hand.

You may be equally shocked to discover that Glock pistols come equipped with convenient aiming devices called "sights" that, in combination with the amazing ability to move your wrists, allows you to overcome this titanic struggle you're having OP.

View Quote

You must be an apple guy.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 9:13:52 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 9:14:21 AM EDT
[#21]
Shadow systems mr920
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 9:15:48 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
You know a Glock and a 1911 have the same grip angle, right?
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

Its the hump that people are bitching about. On the 1911 you can swap the arched mainspring houseing for a flat one. Its too bad glock doesn't offer a swappable hump module for those that hate it, but still, it doesnt take much to learn it.

(and yes I know they're the same angle too)
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 9:22:47 AM EDT
[#23]
Has anyone tried the PSA Dagger?  

Glock is a fine pistol but I don’t like the way it fits my hand either.  Lots of good choices available.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 9:24:49 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I have pondered this myself.  It is a recurring theme among many who own various types of correctly designed pistols and want to try a glock.  They purchase a glock say $400ish blue label, then spend another few hundred in custom parts and smithing to make it what they want.  Figure they now have a $700 pistol that is still worth about $400 but man they can get those $20 mags instead of the other brand's $30 mags.

The alternative being, buy CZ, Smith, Canik, Walther, HK, Sig, buy a couple $30 mags, done.  Cost about $400-$500ish blue lable, to achieve the same result.  Which makes more sense????

I admit that I own one glock, a model 40mos.  I bought it because no one else makes a pistol in this class.  It has a red dot mounted and will not be used for anything like instinctive combat type shooting.
View Quote
I'd wager that for every one person who puts that kind of money into a Glock there are hundreds or thousands who drive on happily with the stock pistol or add sights at most.

The impulse to modify is also not unique to Glock.  Just look at any CZ thread and the number of posters saying you have to send it to Cajun Gunworks.  Just because someone does something, does not mean it was necessary.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 9:25:56 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/525/135_png-1789378.JPG

Its the hump that people are bitching about. On the 1911 you can swap the arched mainspring houseing for a flat one. Its too bad glock doesn't offer a swappable hump module for those that hate it, but still, it doesnt take much to learn it.

(and yes I know they're the same angle too)
View Quote
Why do people not constantly rant about 1911a1s pointing at the sky then?
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 9:26:01 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I've been saying this for decades: people that have issues with the Glock palm swell are those that learned to shoot on 1911s and don't want to use their sights. Glocks fit the natural shape of a closed fist better and work great for people who haven't developed the bad habit of pushing the bottom of their wrist forward that a 1911 forces you to do. That being said, Walther polymer guns have probably the most ergonomic and comfortable grips I've ever come across on a pistol
View Quote

USP .45 takes exception!
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 9:29:51 AM EDT
[#27]
OP sell a gun and take an intro to shooting class. Grip angle doesn't matter.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 9:36:01 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 9:45:20 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
M&P
View Quote

I grew up shooting 1911s and Barretta 92s.  I could never shoot a Glock worth a darn because of the grip angle.

That's why I bought an M&P years ago.  Before the tragic boating accident, of course.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 9:51:38 AM EDT
[#30]
if a couple degrees of grip really makes a big difference you're doing at least one other thing very wrong.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 9:56:35 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
if a couple degrees of grip really makes a big difference you're doing at least one other thing very wrong.
View Quote

Wat?

Link Posted: 1/21/2021 10:24:36 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 10:24:45 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
M&P 2.0
View Quote

This
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 10:25:49 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Because every glock I've ever held, I would accomplish nothing but shooting clouds.

I have too many other American angled pistols and years of shooting to train my way into the European angle.

ETA: must be in current production or widely available.
View Quote

But.... “muh perfection!”
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 10:44:56 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
To all those saying "just use the sights":

I have 20 years and many, many thousands of rounds shooting a 1911.

Once you train enough, get familiar enough, you can literally throw up the pistol with your eyes closed, open your eyes, and the sights are right there.

This is literally a test I do at the gun counter.

I have zero interest in reversing that natural aim, nor majorly screwing it up by owning a mix of angles.

1911 is goodMy XD is good
Looking for a 9 polymer that is also good.

View Quote

PPQ M1 if you don’t mind the paddle-type mag release, M2 if you like the more traditional button-type.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 10:49:07 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Canik, I have seen parts and mags. Arex.. not so much. I am also not looking, so maybe they're around. Couldn't tell you.
View Quote

Caniks picked up decent aftermarket support, unless Biden does something to keep them from coming in they're not going anywhere.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 10:50:08 AM EDT
[#37]
FPNI. P80 is what Glock should have been all along.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 10:52:21 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Exactly, which is why glock is brilliant, similar to apple users, once you commit they own you.  Anyone can shoot paper with different models but to intuitively point with anything you own,  it has to be intuitive.   I dont own glocks or sigs for this very reason, yes I can still hit with them.  Im a utilitarian collector, I love them all but they need to fit at this point.

ETA and I've been through a number of glocks and sigs because I listen to you homos.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nope. Anyone with even a modicum of natural talent can fire any production handgun intuitively and efficiently. People that become slaves to a particular brand either lack talent or lack discipline to train.

If you were a utilitarian collector, you would have seen the merits of the Glocks and Sigs and had the discipline to train with them to utilize them.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 10:57:26 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote

Well, Gaston never solved it, and he did okay...
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 11:04:52 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I don't guess I'll ever understand this.  I just use the sights.  I'm not anything special as far as shooting pistols, I admit.

True- but that's the same for any gun. Making hits without sights requires practice time regardless.

I'm playing with a G45MOS w/ RDS and I draw nearly every day during work conference calls to practice picking up the dot intuitively. If I go grab my M&P and do the same I'm going to be pointing low. For me, the Glock is normal-angled.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 11:05:21 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Once you train enough, get familiar enough, you can literally throw up the pistol with your eyes closed, open your eyes, and the sights are right there.

I have zero interest in reversing that natural aim, nor majorly screwing it up by owning a mix of angles.

View Quote

I've had the good fortune to be able to have done a lot of pistol shooting in the last 20 years. I'd say I have 50K rounds fired on the 1911 system, 30-40K on the Beretta 92/M9, 40K combined on the Glock System, and probably another 50K combined on the Sig, HK, and XD systems.

This statement rings true across all platforms: "Once you train enough, get familiar enough, you can literally throw up the pistol with your eyes closed, open your eyes, and the sights are right there."
It's not difficult to become proficient with any pistol and it doesn't take 10's of thousands of rounds. Dry firing is free and can be done at home. Mag changes, draw practice, etc can all be done at home for zero cost.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 11:08:24 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 11:10:25 AM EDT
[#43]
If you can't pick up any pistol and make hits with it, it is you, not the gun.

This obviously doesn't apply to a pistol that won't shoot straight in a machine rest. I.e. it is damaged or sub standard.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 11:13:20 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote

I have a few years on you and when I was shooting competition with 1911, I was averaging 500 rounds a week, for about ten years.

I can still do a clean, sub 6 second el presedente with a G17.

It is not the pistol.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 11:16:19 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
The number one thing to do with a Glock is put your trigger finger on the slide or all the way to the ejection port when presenting the pistol.  Putting it beside the trigger will have you pointing at the sky.  The number 2 thing to do is practice.
View Quote

Makes it kind of hard to shoot if you present with your finger on the slide.

Trigger should break as your arms lock out. (Or you come to whatever shooting position you use)
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 11:21:04 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

1911 is good My XD is good

View Quote

Your an engineer, as well as the Mod in the 3D printing and CAD forum.
Make you own? Isn't this what you bought the new printer for?
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 11:21:08 AM EDT
[#47]

Bet those are on a “list” better get one soon
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 11:29:11 AM EDT
[#48]
I like my VP9 better than my Glocks.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 11:41:05 AM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 11:44:12 AM EDT
[#50]
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top