Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/14/2018 2:20:04 PM EDT
I'm considering not renewing a lease for a tenant that has been a pain in the butt for about 7 years.  She is renting a commercial space WAY BELOW what I feel is market rate for the area.  The area has exploded in the past few years and rents have increase substantially for the area.  She is currently paying .85 cents sq ft for commercial retail space on a major roadway and expects you to drop everything what you are doing for a space fetching $2 sq ft NNN.

The problem is that I live about 1 hour away and find it a hassle to actually go out there and show it to people.  Also I am concerned about a how long the space will remain vacant.  Do you think it is worth it to hire a commercial real estate agent to lease out the property.  Their fee is 6% of the total lease amount which I pay them upon leasing out the property.  I used to just slap a "For Lease" sign and charge a little less than the going rate and my phone will go off the hook.  However driving in Houston traffic sucks now so do you think it is worth it to outsource it out?

BTW, the property is paid so I have not mortgage to worry about.
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 6:19:22 PM EDT
[#1]
What’s there to do if it’s a NNN lease?
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 9:17:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Curious for answers.  I have half of my residential units managed and I do the other half.  21 to 65 miles away.  It's a pain and I pay about 13% blended for them to manage.
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 9:37:16 PM EDT
[#3]
I got screwed once because the realtor got his full commission upfront and my tenant went bust in the first year. I lost money on the deal. You can write a contract where the realtor gets his commission paid over time dependent on the tenant paying the lease.
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 11:35:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What’s there to do if it’s a NNN lease?
View Quote
I planned to run her off.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top