BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 10
Link Posted: 10/18/2019 10:26:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

How about thinking harder about saying things smarter. One doesn't have to stoop to insults and name calling to put forth a sound argument. Some may be incapable of doing so but try anyway.
View Quote
Maybe those motivational posters would help...

Link Posted: 10/18/2019 10:28:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Well said, We gun owners are going to be branded like smokers were 30 years ago, they will shame our weak into submission.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The fact that you can name every historical American hero from Sam Adams to Martian Luther King Jr. and they’d all get banned if they were here today is proof that Arfcom is in the wrong.

This is not Canada, England, or Australia. We will NOT follow rules of engagement meant to appease the enemy.
Well said, We gun owners are going to be branded like smokers were 30 years ago, they will shame our weak into submission.
Non-compliance is a large part of the reason why Non-Restricted firearms are no longer in a registry in Canada. The RCMP website noted this in the past.
Link Posted: 10/18/2019 10:30:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
If I say I will do everything in my power to circumvent these clearly unconstitutional laws does that get me a permaban?

And if so, how does that jibe with the press release about Brownells purchasing Arfcom that promotes ar15.com as a leading RKBA web site on the Internet?

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2019/06/05/breaking-brownells-acquires-ar15-com/
View All Quotes
Quoted:
If I say I will do everything in my power to circumvent these clearly unconstitutional laws does that get me a permaban?

And if so, how does that jibe with the press release about Brownells purchasing Arfcom that promotes ar15.com as a leading RKBA web site on the Internet?

We elected to partner with Pete and Frank Brownell because we’ve known them personally for years to be real advocates for both our First and Second Amendment rights. They see the importance, now more than ever, for having a free, unfiltered forum of pro-Constitutional voices and ideas to be heard. Put simply, they share in our vision for the future of AR15.com.
https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2019/06/05/breaking-brownells-acquires-ar15-com/
Link Posted: 10/18/2019 10:33:09 PM EDT
[#4]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/57330/unfilteredevil-1128378.jpg
Sometimes it's fucking scary in how simply you get a relevant point across. No bullshit.
Link Posted: 10/18/2019 10:44:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Pull action ARs with disabled gas systems and 7 round perma pinned, non-detachable magazines will be around! See the 2nd Amendment is intact!
View Quote
Besides you, who is advocating such here?
Link Posted: 10/18/2019 10:51:05 PM EDT
[#6]
In for answers.

I always knew there would be a day of reckoning.  After all, on one hand you have the Left pushing for more and more draconian gun laws.  Including bans and confiscations.

On the other hand, you have our site, with a policy of "thou shalt not post about breaking the law".

At some point, those two ideas collide.

It appears we are at or close to that point.

This is the same moral conundrum that caused Conservative principles to lose so much ground over the last few generations of society.

Our founding fathers said "a law that is contrary to the Constitution, is null and void".

"SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED".

Seems pretty clear to me.

It seems to me that rather than partnering with Brownell's, it might be better for the site to partner with a series of Second Amendment groups such as GOA, Second Amendment Foundation, and maybe whatever the top 2nd Amendment group is at the state level from each state......allowing us to utilize the aggregate of these groups' legal resources and with the site essentially becoming an extension of those groups' "First Amendment rights to political free speech".  If there is a danger of the site's posts becoming fodder for legal action, then the defense of it is going to center around the First Amendment right to political speech, even political speech that some may find distasteful.
Link Posted: 10/18/2019 10:54:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Maybe those motivational posters would help...

http://theinspirationroom.com/daily/print/2007/4/vitaplex_dreams.jpg
View Quote
I sometimes wonder what some are using here. They make the most incoherent rant and call it reasoned thinking. If anyone doesn't agree, the name calling follows. Whatever logical point they are trying to make gets lost in the lies and firebrand diatribe. People just tune them out, then they get angry no one is listening to them.
Link Posted: 10/18/2019 10:59:54 PM EDT
[#8]
I do agree with the original post. We are at minimum approaching a crossroad, if we are not there already.

One cannot hear the bells of freedom through the clanking of the heavy chains of servitude.
Link Posted: 10/18/2019 11:00:50 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
You go first.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
no one's used the thurdy cal NRA boomer meme template to make memes about Brownell's?

You go first.
I will not comply
Link Posted: 10/18/2019 11:15:23 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote
If an AWB passes it will most definitely not be like the 1994 ban.  They’ve learned their lesson.  It will be a ban on possession of semi auto.

At that point, if you mention an AR15 in its normal configuration you will be breaking the law.

It’s really damn simple to understand why he is posting that as a hypothetical, unless you are being intentionally obtuse.
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 12:07:37 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Brownell's knew what they were buying.
View Quote
That's not obvious to me.
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 12:09:03 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Loss of hosting is how members will kill this site. Someone will get red flagged in the process.
View Quote
And yet, GB insists there is no problem with AWS.  So your point is obviously irrelevant.
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 12:12:13 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
And yet, GB insists there is no problem with AWS.  So your point is obviously irrelevant.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Loss of hosting is how members will kill this site. Someone will get red flagged in the process.
comply with the sudden interest in rigorously enforcing the CoC
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 12:54:31 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote
Have you read current CA and NY gun laws?  What OP described is not so far fetched.  What was legal in one year is illegal the next., one can become a felon by the simple act of doing nothing.
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 12:56:08 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

WTF.

4 stars and yet user info page says "Member" (not even team / bronze / gold / platinum / lifetime)  status.

Is there a thread discussing this?
View Quote
No shit, WTF!?!
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 1:24:17 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
No shit, WTF!?!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

WTF.

4 stars and yet user info page says "Member" (not even team / bronze / gold / platinum / lifetime)  status.

Is there a thread discussing this?
No shit, WTF!?!
Shush, they might notice you...  The Great Purge of 2019 continues.  

Quisling fucks.  
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 1:58:44 AM EDT
[#17]
The best way to stop the signal is to buy the radio station.
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 2:23:03 AM EDT
[#18]
“Rebellion to Tyrants is Obedience to God”
- Benjamin Franklin
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 2:24:56 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

The reason being given by site staff is that the site must be shielded from legal liability. If legal protection is the prime directive then sadly the answer is crystal clear.
View Quote
I am an old man, and I have been slowly selling off all my guns. Going to get rid of them before they become worthless. Burying them, or hiding them makes them worthless.
I have resigned myself to the fact that massive peaceful demonstration by gun owners is never going to happen, and shit talking on the Internet is the most the majority will ever do.
I feel sorry for the young guys here, and their children.
When you cannot speak your mind on a "pro" gun forum, it's pretty much over.
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 3:36:57 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I am an old man, and I have been slowly selling off all my guns. Going to get rid of them before they become worthless. Burying them, or hiding them makes them worthless.
I have resigned myself to the fact that massive peaceful demonstration by gun owners is never going to happen, and shit talking on the Internet is the most the majority will ever do.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The reason being given by site staff is that the site must be shielded from legal liability. If legal protection is the prime directive then sadly the answer is crystal clear.
Apparently we are mistaken, it's not a pro gun site, it's a pro LE site
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 4:15:20 AM EDT
[#21]
There is no discussion on wether or not to obey bullshit laws. It’s your constitutional duty to disobey them.
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 4:27:34 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Whose definition of "unconstitutional" ?

Some guys on a gun forum, or the Supreme Courts ??
View Quote
If the Supreme Court was actually ruling based on the constitution, then they would all vote/rule the same.

I often hear noir compelling constitutional arguments here at Arfcom than by half the court.
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 5:29:44 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

If an AWB passes it will most definitely not be like the 1994 ban.  They’ve learned their lesson.  It will be a ban on possession of semi auto.

At that point, if you mention an AR15 in its normal configuration you will be breaking the law.

It’s really damn simple to understand why he is posting that as a hypothetical, unless you are being intentionally obtuse.
View Quote
First point is a Captain Obvious statement.

Second point: Mentioning an AR15 will not be illegal in any configuration. Claiming to own one doesn't actually mean you do own one. It would just make you stupid and suspect. Posting a picture of you holding one doesn't mean the picture was taken after they were banned unless you claim so. Again that just makes you stupid and suspect. In either case it does not make you a criminal, yet.

Third point: His hypothetical is meant to be a Mod taunt. The time for civil disobedience is before such laws are passed, ie. now. After the fact is too little, too late. Shock the politicians at the number of people who actually get off their ass in support the Constitution. The next step is to focus on the ballot box. Deliver the message. "Lip service to the Constitution or outright defiance of it will not be tolerated." Replace those who do with real pro-Constitutional candidates.

Paying some lobbyist to be our mouthpiece so we can watch the next weekend round of football games with our buds is an insult to the Constitution. There are hundreds of thousands of lobbyists and they are lost in a sea of blah, blah, blah. We are the ones that need to be bugging our politicians and getting off our asses, and show up in huge numbers to protest. That requires organization. So far our gun rights groups can't get past their over inflated egos to work together to make such an event happen. Don't forget they are members of the swamp too. They are failing us, every last one of them. They beg for our money like a bunch of street beggars, dress up in their new 3 piece suits, have a five minute sit down with a couple politicians and call it a week. That, a PR magazine, and some really cheap crap made in China is mostly what the average gun owner is getting for his dues. They need to be mobilizing us to action, real action.

I'm talking about a real protest, 2-3 million gun owners style. Melt the DC phone lines and stuff their e-mail boxes weekly until they get the message, "Shall not be infringed." A few hundred protesters showing up in some obscure park or lawn isn't cutting it. It's counter productive. We need a sea of gun owners to show up. As it is now, when a politician thinks of gun owners, they think some well healed DC card carrying swamp member making his gratuitous visit. We need to change the narrative, ditch the DC swamp game. We need them to remember the sea of peaceful but pissed off pro-Constitution gun owners. The swamp needs to grasp we gun owners will not retreat and disappear into the night. They really don't want that to happen.
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 5:51:59 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Have you read current CA and NY gun laws?  What OP described is not so far fetched.  What was legal in one year is illegal the next., one can become a felon by the simple act of doing nothing.
View Quote
So tell us just who was arrested and convicted for merely saying, "AR15." Don't be absurd. No one here is advocating any AWB program. The hyperbole is way over the top. After such a ban do you think if 100 million people said, "I own an AR15, come get me!" the prisons would be overflowing over night? You think the cops would open 100 million investigations and arrest everyone of us, only to find no AR15s? It would literally bankrupt the legal system, take a century to investigate only to have even more people make the same statement. Don't be absurd. They want to take away our vote and voice at the ballot box. It is all they need to destroy this country. They don't need to convict 100 million people claiming to have AR15s. They just brought in 30 million illegals and that is all they need to tip the election scales in their favor forever. While you are playing checkers, they are playing 3D chess. The politicians are counting on you not getting away from your TV and 6 pack to stop them and so far they are right. See my previous post.
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 6:00:10 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
@Wobblin-Goblin
I'd like to see that speech. Did you ever post it before?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I gave a speech on the state capitol steps that would most likely draw a warning for sharing it here.
@Wobblin-Goblin
I'd like to see that speech. Did you ever post it before?
IM sent

@Lieh-tzu
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 6:01:57 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

So tell us just who was arrested and convicted for merely saying, "AR15." Don't be absurd. No one here is advocating any AWB program. The hyperbole is way over the top. After such a ban do you think if 100 million people said, "I own an AR15, come get me!" the prisons would be overflowing over night? You think the cops would open 100 million investigations and arrest everyone of us, only to find no AR15s? It would literally bankrupt the legal system, take a century to investigate only to have even more people make the same statement. Don't be absurd. They want to take away our vote and voice at the ballot box. It is all they need to destroy this country. They don't need to convict 100 million people claiming to have AR15s. They just brought in 30 million illegals and that is all they need to tip the election scales in their favor forever. While you are playing checkers, they are playing 3D chess. The politicians are counting on you not getting away from your TV and 6 pack to stop them and so far they are right. See my previous post.
View Quote
Although I get the flavor of your post I do accept the fact that if a law is enacted where (1) semi auto rifles are banned and (2) people do not voluntarily turn in their semi auto rifles AND the law requires that there will be confiscations, then (3) I believe there are probably quite a few LEO's who will confiscate them when told to do so.

Do you agree?

ETA:  Should I be banned for saying that?
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 6:17:26 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
(snip)

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

(snip)

No you should not be banned for that, but you still might be.

Your memes on the other hand....
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 6:29:25 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Although I get the flavor of your post I do accept the fact that if a law is enacted where (1) semi auto rifles are banned and (2) people do not voluntarily turn in their semi auto rifles AND the law requires that there will be confiscations, then (3) I believe there are probably quite a few LEO's who will confiscate them when told to do so.

Do you agree?

View Quote
I fully expect only a relative few LEOs would turn in their badge than enforce an unconstitutional law. The attitude is ingrained, "Let the courts fight it out not us." Is that not what we are told when we disagree with a ticket? We pay the fine because we can't afford the legal cost to fight it. We also can't afford to lose what little we own in this life. In a sense, it is low-level tyranny although I don't blame the LEOs for that. They didn't write the laws they are hired to enforce. Nor are they the judges hired to decide what is good and what is bad.

Our system of government was designed for a moral society where the judicial system was meant more as a backup not the front line. As the people behave in a moral manner, there is less need for law enforcement and court intervention. Such is not the case in our society today where so many think they don't need a moral code they are answerable to follow to a higher being. Even on GD I often see people declare they are above the law and it shouldn't apply to them.

As I stated earlier, throwing us all in jail is not the objective, silencing our vote is. However they do it, the end justifies the means. There is that lack of morals popping up. The goal is to silence us, to neutralize us, and to subjugate us. No all that hard to see is it?
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 6:35:25 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

I fully expect only a relative few LEOs would turn in their badge than enforce an unconstitutional law. The attitude is ingrained, "Let the courts fight it out not us." Is that not what we are told when we disagree with a ticket? We pay the fine because we can't afford the legal cost to fight it. We also can't afford to lose what little we own in this life. In a sense, it is low-level tyranny although I don't blame the LEOs for that. They didn't write the laws they are hired to enforce. Nor are they the judges hired to decide what is good and what is bad.

Our system of government was designed for a moral society where the judicial system was meant more as a backup not the front line. As the people behave in a moral manner, there is less need for law enforcement and court intervention. Such is not the case in our society today where so many think they don't need a moral code they are answerable to follow to a higher being. Even on GD I often see people declare they are above the law and it shouldn't apply to them.

As I stated earlier, throwing us all in jail is not the objective, silencing our vote is. However they do it, the end justifies the means. There is that lack of morals popping up. The goal is to silence us, to neutralize us, and to subjugate us. No all that hard to see is it?
View Quote
Fair enough...…it sounded like you felt confiscations would not occur even if the law dictated there would be confiscations.

And I believe that if the law said there would be confiscations then there would probably be quite a few LEO's who carry out that order.
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 6:51:30 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
“Rebellion to Tyrants is Obedience to God”
- Benjamin Franklin
View Quote
Reported.
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 7:13:57 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote
Almost every cop who's pulled me over for a violation has given me a chance to explain my side. I've been let off more times than not, but that might be because I don't act like a jerk. It's probably a breath of fresh air to deal with a civil person when you're swimming in a sea of jerks.
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 7:33:08 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
discussion no.

actively encouraging people to break the law. yes and always has been an issue.

4. Posting comments or links in support of illegal activities

we need to remember the site is regularly watched by fed and news agencies. The owners want to present a positive image of the gun community. There is zero issue with discussing the laws or organizing to protest or remove them. We can not allow active discussion on how to circumvent them in an illegal manner. We have never allowed that.

the thread in question was locked for the correct reasons. The way it was handled was not and i am reviewing those actions.
View Quote
There are a some points to make:

1) Having the site hosted by Amazon was a poor decision.  That's an openly leftist company and those critters have been demonstrating time after time that they do not want dissent and will censor it.  They can pull the plug on ARFCOM at any time.

2) Regarding topic 1, the leftists have been demonstrating they have absolutely no regard for the laws and openly disobey them, and also incentive their kin to do it.  We are dealing with a scum that does not follow any rules and will do their best to hang us by the ones we follow.  An example of how it works is watching Trump beating them on their own game.

I really enjoy this site and hope we do not fall in the trap of trying to look politically correct (based on the left's rules) because that will only destroy us.  Of course, there are things that might not be ignored, such as promoting terrorist activities, etc.  But we are no antifa or crap like that.   Having said that, I understand how hard it is to mod this site, but please let's not fall into the political correctness trap.   The folks trying to stop us are far from it when it's a matter in their agendas.

Cheers!
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 7:53:10 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
2024 Democrats take the White House and both chambers of Congress. President Michelle Obama vows to end gun violence.

2025 Federal Gun Safety Act is signed into law. All detachable magazine fed Semi-auto rifles and pistols over .22 LR are declared NFA items as are all semi automatic shotguns. Magazines over 7 rounds are declared  NFA items. A 6 month grace period to register under NFA is instituted. The NFA tax stamp has been raised to $800 per item. Ads for Brownells Pull Action conversion kits are omnipresent. UK posters assist their now neutered American cousins in turning their AR15s into pull action rifles with permentally blocked magazines.

ARFCom site staff and moderators who don’t resign assist federal law enforcement Agents to provide the identities of users to be cross referenced against 4473 records to find owners of semi-auto firearms that have not declared. Posted photos are used to build an AI assisted database to identify who owns what.

2026 Responsible Ammo Act passes and is signed into law by President Michelle Obama. It requires photo ID and in person purchase of all ammunition from an FFL only. It also requires a locked and fireproof storage requirements for quantities of ammunition over 100 rounds.

2027 Enviromental Ammo Act passes and is signed into law. Lead ammunition is banned from sale, use or posession due to the harm it causes to the enviroment. Many ranges are bankrupted as they are deemed lead clean up sites and given 1 year to remove lead contaminated backstop soil.

Calls for wide spread peaceful civil disobedience in GD are locked and deleted. Posters of such calls to action are identified and passed on to Federal Law Enforcement.
View Quote
This is being done right now, and by the site being hosted by Amazon only makes it a lot easier.  No need for mods to do that.
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 7:57:30 AM EDT
[#34]
I don't think that CoC 4 was ever supposed to apply to ANYTHING that might be illegal ANYWHERE. If you read it, it really seems that it was intended to apply to serious threats of violence against an individual, or govt officials

Posting comments or links in support of illegal activities including, but not limited to, threats against the life of any person, doing harm to a state or federal official, or advocating the overthrow of the government.
View Quote
It's poorly worded though, and the "follow the rules at all cost" mentality of some with mod status has lead to its meaning being expanded to cover things it was never meant to
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 8:20:59 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I don't think that CoC 4 was ever supposed to apply to ANYTHING that might be illegal ANYWHERE. If you read it, it really seems that it was intended to apply to serious threats of violence against an individual, or govt officials

It's poorly worded though, and the "follow the rules at all cost" mentality of some with mod status has lead to its meaning being expanded to cover things it was never meant to
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Posting comments or links in support of illegal activities including, but not limited to, threats against the life of any person, doing harm to a state or federal official, or advocating the overthrow of the government.
It is the Interstate Commerce clause of the COC. It means whatever they want it to mean, and just like in the real world most of those rules don't apply to those who enforce them.
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 8:27:36 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I’m pretty sure rising in armed rebellion against your lawful king is illegal. Unless you win.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
I’m pretty sure rising in armed rebellion against your lawful king is illegal. Unless you win.
Some times you just need to roll the dice.  But the punishment for being wrong sure is a valid reason for never giving up.
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 8:36:35 AM EDT
[#37]
Who determines a law is Unconstitutional? You?
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 8:38:45 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Who determines a law is Unconstitutional? You?
View Quote
William M. Skretny.
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 8:48:00 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Almost every cop who's pulled me over for a violation has given me a chance to explain my side. I've been let off more times than not, but that might be because I don't act like a jerk. It's probably a breath of fresh air to deal with a civil person when you're swimming in a sea of jerks.
View Quote
I agree. I've been pulled over on about 4 occasions in my life. I'm always polite and honest. Two occasions, I was given a warning and let go. Once I got a ticket for speeding and he reduced the ticket to a lower speed than I was actually going. I was grateful. The other case was an idiot backing up on the Ohio turnpike and the van in front of me swerved to miss him but I couldn't. By God's grace I walked away. The cop did a poor report and I had to see a judge who didn't give a crap about the facts. The idiot sued me and lost when a real investigator and the van driver was found and proved it was the idiot's fault. It's illegal to backup on the turnpike. His transmission was found in the reverse gear. The van driver had called the police and backed up my statement but that too was ignored until the idiot sued and the truth came out.

However, when it comes to gun confiscation, you are up against a wall you can not overcome alone, nice won't impress them at that point. You need a good lawyer and say nothing until you do. Still be nice. The battle to fight is in the courtroom not at the police station.

A lot of people make their own problems when they get confrontational. You dig your own hole at your own risk. Some like to keep digging as deep as they can go.
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 9:24:38 AM EDT
[#40]
Last time I got pulled over for speeding the cop cut me no breaks. He even somehow knew I had a CCW license despite me driving a vehicle not registered to me. I didn't ask him how he knew, just did as he told me: handed over my weapon as and waited as he took it back to his cruiser and returned it to me unloaded and one bullet at a time from the magazine.
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 9:38:56 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I asked a similar question 3 days ago.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/general/-/5-2263885/?#i81467489

----------

I'd like clear guidance as to what I can say concerning opposition to California's various unconstitutional firearm and ammunition laws.

That statement is in opposition to statements Subnet made concerning censorship of posts that advocate flaunting unconstitutional state laws.

Flaunting unjust laws is an American tradition. It's the basis of how this nation came to be.

----------
View Quote
It would be a lot easier for this site/owners of this site to get into trouble for what people here say, compared to the people who actually say it. They can't fully support anything if the site gets shut down.
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 9:51:43 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Look guys its really simple.

If an AWB passes you will not be able to post AR15s on AR15.com its not that big of a deal. Don't be so dramatic.
View Quote

Mind

Blown
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 10:06:10 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
This is being done right now, and by the site being hosted by Amazon only makes it a lot easier.  No need for mods to do that.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
2024 Democrats take the White House and both chambers of Congress. President Michelle Obama vows to end gun violence.

2025 Federal Gun Safety Act is signed into law. All detachable magazine fed Semi-auto rifles and pistols over .22 LR are declared NFA items as are all semi automatic shotguns. Magazines over 7 rounds are declared  NFA items. A 6 month grace period to register under NFA is instituted. The NFA tax stamp has been raised to $800 per item. Ads for Brownells Pull Action conversion kits are omnipresent. UK posters assist their now neutered American cousins in turning their AR15s into pull action rifles with permentally blocked magazines.

ARFCom site staff and moderators who don’t resign assist federal law enforcement Agents to provide the identities of users to be cross referenced against 4473 records to find owners of semi-auto firearms that have not declared. Posted photos are used to build an AI assisted database to identify who owns what.

2026 Responsible Ammo Act passes and is signed into law by President Michelle Obama. It requires photo ID and in person purchase of all ammunition from an FFL only. It also requires a locked and fireproof storage requirements for quantities of ammunition over 100 rounds.

2027 Enviromental Ammo Act passes and is signed into law. Lead ammunition is banned from sale, use or posession due to the harm it causes to the enviroment. Many ranges are bankrupted as they are deemed lead clean up sites and given 1 year to remove lead contaminated backstop soil.

Calls for wide spread peaceful civil disobedience in GD are locked and deleted. Posters of such calls to action are identified and passed on to Federal Law Enforcement.
Looking at what is going on around here, Occams Razor dictates that they have already handed as much of this information over as they could, and did it willingly.
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 10:46:09 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Are you really calling me a 'concern troll'?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I still don't understand what Brownell's has to do with this.

Can someone explain?
Some people believe the moderation standards have changed since and because Brownells purchased the site.
I've seen no evidence of that.

I've seen a lot of people "concerned" about this happening, and I've seen people react to fairly mild statements made by GoatBoy as if he were issuing a ruling that we turn the site into DU.

I've been here a long time. This isn't the first time the powers that be here have had to nicely say "hey, uh, guys? Let's not just come out and say we should shoot the fuckers, OK?"
Are you really calling me a 'concern troll'?

Never fear - had you been in mind when I wrote that, I would hav mentioned your name :).
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 11:40:17 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
The Supreme Court isn’t infallible.  They’ve fucked up a lot, and even occasionally admit it.  They can issue a legal ruling.  That’s it.  Just because 5 judges say something doesn’t mean it’s settled.  If they found a law like banning all semi automatics to be Constitutional does that magically make it moral and in line with the intent of our founders?  No.  It’s simply the opinion of a few fallible individuals.

Understand that the founding fathers wrote our Constitution in plain language.  They did that so the average man could read and understand what it means.  They also left us a shit ton of supporting information in the form of correspondence, leaflets, diaries and publications like the Federalist Papers.   You don’t need a legal degree to decipher the Constitution.  Anyone can read it, look at rulings and see where the Supreme Court was wrong.

Don’t put your faith in judges.  They won’t save us.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Whose definition of "unconstitutional" ?

Some guys on a gun forum, or the Supreme Courts ??
The Supreme Court isn’t infallible.  They’ve fucked up a lot, and even occasionally admit it.  They can issue a legal ruling.  That’s it.  Just because 5 judges say something doesn’t mean it’s settled.  If they found a law like banning all semi automatics to be Constitutional does that magically make it moral and in line with the intent of our founders?  No.  It’s simply the opinion of a few fallible individuals.

Understand that the founding fathers wrote our Constitution in plain language.  They did that so the average man could read and understand what it means.  They also left us a shit ton of supporting information in the form of correspondence, leaflets, diaries and publications like the Federalist Papers.   You don’t need a legal degree to decipher the Constitution.  Anyone can read it, look at rulings and see where the Supreme Court was wrong.

Don’t put your faith in judges.  They won’t save us.
Good reply.    More far eloquent than than the one I would have crafted, and you didn’t even have to use any words or phrases like “coward” “quisling” “sellout” or “morally bankrupt and weak”.

Sides are being chosen.  Lines are being drawn.

People who lack all faith and people who don’t care about their legacy, will inevitably take the easy way out.
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 11:50:11 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
It would be a lot easier for this site/owners of this site to get into trouble for what people here say, compared to the people who actually say it. They can't fully support anything if the site gets shut down.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I asked a similar question 3 days ago.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/general/-/5-2263885/?#i81467489

----------

I'd like clear guidance as to what I can say concerning opposition to California's various unconstitutional firearm and ammunition laws.

That statement is in opposition to statements Subnet made concerning censorship of posts that advocate flaunting unconstitutional state laws.

Flaunting unjust laws is an American tradition. It's the basis of how this nation came to be.

----------
Stormfront is a site dedicated to racism, extremism, hate speech, being a neo-Nazi, denying the Holocaust, hating the Jews, etc. It has had membership linked to violent crimes, to include murder. It has been online uninterrupted since 1996, with the exception of a month in 2017:

From Wikipedia

In August 2017, Stormfront's domain name was seized by its registrar for "displaying bigotry, discrimination or hatred."[12] Earlier the same month, white supremacist news and commentary website The Daily Stormer had been removed from the public Internet for its involvement in the Unite the Right rally.[12]

The site came back online on September 29, 2017. As of October 2017, services to keep the site online were provided by Tucows, Network Solutions, and Cloudflare.[55]
The Pirate Bay, which hosts links to illegal downloads, has been online pretty much constantly since 2003.  It has been attacked by every means imaginable by many governments in the world.  One of the owners was sentenced to a year in Swedish jail, but had his sentence reduced:

From Wikipedia:

On 26 November 2009, a Swedish appeals court upheld the verdict, decreasing the original prison terms but increasing the fine to 46 million SEK.[17] On 17 May 2010, because of an injunction against their bandwidth provider, the site was taken offline.[18] Access to the website was later restored with a message making fun of the injunction on their front page.

On 9 December 2014, The Pirate Bay was raided by the Swedish police, who seized servers, computers, and other equipment.[28][29][30][31][32] Several other torrent related sites including EZTV, Zoink, Torrage and the Istole tracker were also shut down in addition to The Pirate Bay's forum Suprbay.org.[29] On the second day after the raid EZTV was reported to be showing "signs of life" with uploads to ExtraTorrent and KickassTorrents and supporting proxy sites like eztv-proxy.net via the main website's backend IP addresses.[33][34] Several copies of The Pirate Bay went online during the next several days, most notably oldpiratebay.org, created by isoHunt.[35][36]

On 19 May 2015, the .se domain of The Pirate Bay was ordered to be seized following a ruling by a Swedish court.[37][38] The site reacted by adding six new domains in its place.[39][40] The judgment was appealed on 26 May 2015.[41] On 12 May 2016 the appeal was dismissed and the Court ruled the domains be turned over to the Swedish state.[42][43] The site returned to using its original .org domain in May 2016.[44] In August 2016, the US government shut down KickassTorrents, which resulted in The Pirate Bay becoming once again the most visited BitTorrent website.[45]
If white supremacists and pirates are willing to stand by their causes and see them through, then shouldn't people who claim to be an "unfiltered" host for pro-Constitutional voices?

Arfcom could never be as vile as Stormfront.  It could never rival the quantity of illegal content on TPB.  It's hard to believe the site is under such threat when the two examples I used and hundreds of others are still around.

All we are asking is to be allowed to discuss peaceful activism in support of a basic human right.  Civil disobedience can win our cause nonviolently and effectively, as it has won other causes in the past.
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 11:53:42 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Why would some individual expressing their opinion expose the site to legal liability?

If I express the same opinion in a bar, can the bar owner be sued?
View Quote
Well, if you post it on the wall and the owners don’t remove it?    Maybe.

Or, the place could be burned down by thugs, official, or otherwise.

We’re in a brave new world.
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 12:01:08 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Allow me to play Devil's Advocate...

What happens when some journalist or gun control advocate stumbles across our discussion and it leads to a News 7 Investigates piece about the ineffectiveness of Colorado's gun safety measures due to non-enforcement? This prompts the politicians to start pushing on the enforcement agencies, who in turn start making examples of people.

Like I said, I don't know if it is better to do it openly or quietly. Quietly you have less chance of getting in trouble, openly you have a greater chance of having an impact.

Just remember though, we aren't black folks sitting at a White Only lunch counter. The police cracking down on us when we flout the law isn't going to generate much public sympathy.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Is it better to do it loud and proud, or is it better to keep your business on the down low?

I don't know.

The mag ban may not be enforced in Colorado right now, but squawking about it on a public forum may bring attention to that and start a push to have stricter enforcement policy.

I for one wouldn't advocate coming on here to flout the NY AWB. You could wind up with a SWAT team on your doorstep if you do.

It's also important to remember that this forum is literally buzzing with law enforcement. Some are members who are on our side, some are members who aren't on our side and some actively looking for criminal activity to prosecute.
As far as what's acceptable to post here, I think one could make a distinction between someone saying "CO mag ban?  Nobody pays attention to that, don't worry about it." and "Dear ATF: I have an unregistered SBR. Come at me bro."

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/58021/Screen_Shot_2019-04-02_at_2_26_42_PM_jpg-1125936.JPG
Allow me to play Devil's Advocate...

What happens when some journalist or gun control advocate stumbles across our discussion and it leads to a News 7 Investigates piece about the ineffectiveness of Colorado's gun safety measures due to non-enforcement? This prompts the politicians to start pushing on the enforcement agencies, who in turn start making examples of people.

Like I said, I don't know if it is better to do it openly or quietly. Quietly you have less chance of getting in trouble, openly you have a greater chance of having an impact.

Just remember though, we aren't black folks sitting at a White Only lunch counter. The police cracking down on us when we flout the law isn't going to generate much public sympathy.
Freedom isn’t free.  How did we get so fucking complacent and so pussified, that this is even a question?

Politics isn’t a clean sanitary process like you think it is.
It never has been.    Read some history.   Educate yourself.
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 12:45:00 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

I'm talking about a real protest, 2-3 million gun owners style. Melt the DC phone lines and stuff their e-mail boxes weekly until they get the message, "Shall not be infringed." A few hundred protesters showing up in some obscure park or lawn isn't cutting it. It's counter productive. We need a sea of gun owners to show up. As it is now, when a politician thinks of gun owners, they think some well healed DC card carrying swamp member making his gratuitous visit. We need to change the narrative, ditch the DC swamp game. We need them to remember the sea of peaceful but pissed off pro-Constitution gun owners. The swamp needs to grasp we gun owners will not retreat and disappear into the night. They really don't want that to happen.
View Quote
This is completely possible, the problem is it takes a tremendous degree of coordination using activist infrastructure gunnies don’t currently have.

There’s no real intrinsic difference between the lefties that turn out tens of thousands of protesters at a moment’s notice and righties that don’t, other than the lefties have the activist infrastructure and experienced planners to pull it off.
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 1:02:19 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
personally i don't disagree with much of that.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is why this site will never be an effective advocate for the 2nd Amendment.

"Positive image of the gun community" is just double speak for presenting a completely law abiding, non confrontational, white bread, passive image.  It's like the dog crouching before it's master, rolling on it's belly hoping to not be punished.  I get it.  Staying under the radar is a strong motivator.

However, it's in direct opposition to the founding premise of the 2nd Amendment.

The 2nd Amendment is supposed to be scary for the government and those who wish to do its bidding.  It is a lethal reminder that the people have the means to revolt, violently if pushed, when the government becomes tyrannical.  If we forget that, or the people of this nation find that unpalatable, then all is already lost.

Remember when the positive image of a gun owner was a patriot, standing with his rifle - ready to engage in violence against tyrants?

Now, the positive image is a slightly overweight dude in khakis and a button down, who hides his guns at all opportunities (so as not to offend sensitive people) and only advocates following all laws - regardless of how onerous they are.  Make sure you contact your legislators.  Sorry for those of you who live in states that have large cities and your voice isn't heard.  Keep voting and contacting your legislators - no matter how hopeless it is in reality.
personally i don't disagree with much of that.
Thanks for the intelligent, well thought out post Ohio.
And thank you TBS, for letting this thread run.

This is a very important topic.  Arguably the most important of our lives.   I understand how it’s unfair and illogical for people to expect Arfcom to be the local sons of Liberty tavern. By definition, it can never become that.

However, it still needs to be a gathering place, at least until we are all criminalized.   Trump bought us Time, but anyone who doesn’t see the handwriting on the wall by now, is willfully blind.
Page / 10
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top