Trailer looks promising....

Link Posted: 10/29/2021 2:40:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/29/2021 2:48:05 PM EDT
[#2]
no chance
Link Posted: 10/29/2021 2:49:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Well, the first one was good, the second one was terrible, and the third one was worse, so mathematically it doesn't look promising.

The filmakers are WAY more woke and transgendered now, so it's got that going for it.
Link Posted: 10/29/2021 2:54:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Nope. It looks like its going to make John Wick 1 look like John Wick 6.  Kind of like the way John Wick 3 made me hate anything with the name John Wick in it.
Link Posted: 10/29/2021 2:56:07 PM EDT
[#5]
It's going to be on mst4k one day.
Link Posted: 10/29/2021 2:56:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

You are probably correct. There really is only one Matrix movie.
I dig the trailer though, and remain hopeful that there will soon be two.
Link Posted: 10/29/2021 2:56:30 PM EDT
[#7]
I am in no rush to see it.  Almost looks like a reboot rather than a new story line.
Link Posted: 10/29/2021 2:58:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Can we at least agree that the new Ghostbusters movie show promise?
Link Posted: 10/29/2021 2:58:42 PM EDT
[#9]
I love the series. It looks good and I'm hopeful, I just don't see where they can take the story at this point. They really closed things out after Revolutions
Link Posted: 10/29/2021 2:59:33 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 10/29/2021 3:02:44 PM EDT
[#11]
It will be good to lots of people who have nothing, who are defined exclusively by the pop culture they internalize

It will be good to those who decide good/bad is determined as a reaction to those who dislike the product

It's a movie for nostalgiacucks from two tranny weirdos who hate the core audience, hate that their message was co-opted from the "wrong" side, and hate the original movie

Don't hope the Matrix 4 is any good, hope for something better to come along from someone who doesn't hate you
Link Posted: 10/29/2021 3:03:09 PM EDT
[#12]
A saw a preview for it today. It’s looks meh

No Fishburne, no Morpheus.
Link Posted: 10/29/2021 3:04:09 PM EDT
[#13]
It’s going to destroy the legacy.
Link Posted: 10/29/2021 3:05:05 PM EDT
[#14]
No, sadly
Link Posted: 10/29/2021 3:06:41 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
It’s going to destroy the legacy.
View Quote

This particular one?
Link Posted: 10/29/2021 3:09:28 PM EDT
[#16]
I smell stink coming.
Link Posted: 10/29/2021 3:10:56 PM EDT
[#17]
I'm still confused about why Lawrence Fishburne isn't in it. They seem to have brought back other members of the cast from the trilogy. It's distracting having another actor play Morpheus.
Link Posted: 10/29/2021 3:12:28 PM EDT
[#18]
At this point I’m convinced The Matrix was a fluke and the Wachowski…siblings…are hacks that got lucky.
Link Posted: 10/29/2021 3:13:45 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I'm still confused about why Lawrence Fishburne isn't in it. They seem to have brought back other members of the cast from the trilogy. It's distracting having another actor play Morpheus.
View Quote

I have to assume it is because he saw it was a steaming pile and decided the money wasn't worth it.
Link Posted: 10/29/2021 3:15:53 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
At this point I’m convinced The Matrix was a fluke , and the Wachowski…siblings…are hacks that got lucky.
View Quote

Wasn't The Matrix a comic book first ?

Edit: Nope, thought wrong.
Link Posted: 10/29/2021 3:16:53 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I have to assume it is because he saw it was a steaming pile and decided the money wasn't worth it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, they didn't ask him to return
Link Posted: 10/29/2021 3:19:22 PM EDT
[#22]
I'm not hopeful that it will be good, but also hope I'm wrong.
Link Posted: 10/29/2021 3:20:07 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote

In the interview I read, he didn't seem to have any idea why he was not asked to return. If this was some sort of reboot, seems all of the characters would be played by a new set of actors. Unless Fishburne said something unsavory about cross-dressing men pretending to be women?
Link Posted: 10/29/2021 3:22:52 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

A "talking head" video I saw said it was because the Morpheus we know wasn't put back into the Matrix. So we get a younger version that is/was in the Matrix.

It's looking to b MUCH better than DUNE and I had good hopes for Dune.
Link Posted: 10/29/2021 3:24:13 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
A "talking head" video I saw said it was because the Morpheus we know wasn't put back into the Matrix. So we get a younger version that is/was in the Matrix.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/29/2021 3:24:26 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

He's got a reputation for being extremely difficult to work with that got much worse after the first Matrix.

I suspect they were avoiding that. Fishburne himself says he has no idea why he wasn't asked to return.
Link Posted: 10/29/2021 3:26:15 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

In the interview I read, he didn't seem to have any idea why he was not asked to return. If this was some sort of reboot, seems all of the characters would be played by a new set of actors. Unless Fishburne said something unsavory about cross-dressing men pretending to be women?
View Quote

Yeah he didn't. I read somewhere they needed a younger version of Morpheus. Maybe this will be some sort of odd prequel? Who knows with those 2. Except the weird thing about this one is only Larry is involved, writing and directing solo. Andy for some reason isn't involved in this one. And I believe this is the only time the brothers haven't worked together
Link Posted: 10/29/2021 3:27:41 PM EDT
[#28]
That looks terrible
Link Posted: 10/29/2021 3:27:56 PM EDT
[#29]
Good?  Probably not.  Fun?  Probably yes.
Link Posted: 10/29/2021 4:00:59 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote

He’s about 150lbs heavier now.
Link Posted: 10/29/2021 4:06:12 PM EDT
[#31]
Nope

Link Posted: 10/29/2021 4:21:20 PM EDT
[#32]
The first film had subtlety and made you think while you followed the story. This trailer indicates to me that there is no subtlety left.

Also...

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/29/2021 4:21:27 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote

Dune was absolutely incredible, I dunno what you were watching. Literally everyone except Jason Mamoa was perfect, it was visually stunning, and the score was epic. I can't wait for the sequel and directors cut.
Link Posted: 10/29/2021 4:23:57 PM EDT
[#34]
I just don't see how I am supposed to take this seriously with NPH in the mix.
Link Posted: 10/29/2021 4:26:58 PM EDT
[#35]
I can see it being better than the last 2 but not the first
Link Posted: 10/29/2021 4:28:52 PM EDT
[#36]
Anything coming out of WOKE HOLLYWOOD is gonna suck.

In the extreme unlikely event that it doesn’t suck, there is still zero chance I will see it.

When patriots and normies stop paying aid to the enemy, this shit will end.

Hollywood can eat shit and die. That’s the last I have to say about it.
Link Posted: 10/29/2021 4:35:11 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Nope

View Quote

Link Posted: 10/29/2021 4:44:32 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

In the extreme unlikely event that it doesn’t suck, there is still zero chance I will see it.

View Quote

If you're not willing to reward the non-woke actually-good movies then you're just ensuring that woke is all you will get in the future.

Whether it's Netflix standing up for Chappelle, or Warner Bros making a faithful Dune, if you don't buy the good stuff they will stop making it.
Link Posted: 10/29/2021 4:48:38 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

If you're not willing to reward the non-woke actually-good movies then you're just ensuring that woke is all you will get in the future.

Whether it's Netflix standing up for Chappelle, or Warner Bros making a faithful Dune, if you don't buy the good stuff they will stop making it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why do you want to reward our enemies...at all?
Link Posted: 10/29/2021 4:49:26 PM EDT
[#40]
Said it before, but this one will have to cause actual physical pain to continue the trend.
Link Posted: 10/29/2021 4:51:39 PM EDT
[#41]
I would actually prefer a John Wick 6.  I expect sjw woke shit full of strong womenz
Link Posted: 10/29/2021 4:53:29 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Nope. It looks like its going to make John Wick 1 look like John Wick 6.  Kind of like the way John Wick 3 made me hate anything with the name John Wick in it.
View Quote

... I only finished the second one. What happened?
Link Posted: 10/29/2021 4:54:09 PM EDT
[#43]
It'll be a crime if that dumb ass movie beats Dune at the Box Office.
Link Posted: 10/29/2021 4:56:17 PM EDT
[#44]
No.  Go rewatch #1 and only #1 and reminisce about 1999.
Link Posted: 10/29/2021 4:56:26 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Why do you want to reward our enemies...at all?
View Quote

Hollywood's only ideology is $$$$

If the movies that are actually good and not woke BS make more money then that's what they'll keep making. As long as raping the corpses of old IPs for SJW frameworks is making more money that's what they'll keep doing. I dunno, I guess I'd rather see Hollywood return to normal than whatever melodramatic tripe Tim Poole's production company is shitting out on a $1,200 budget.
Link Posted: 10/29/2021 4:58:19 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
At this point I’m convinced The Matrix was a fluke and the Wachowski…siblings…are hacks that got lucky.
View Quote
Well since it was wholesale ripped off from Neuromancer, Blade, and a few other books, yeah.
Link Posted: 10/29/2021 5:00:50 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 10/29/2021 5:03:42 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes

Geedee never disappoints
Link Posted: 10/29/2021 5:07:17 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Nope

You're being generous
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 10/29/2021 5:07:36 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Trailer looks promising....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjKchtRyc28
View Quote

That looks hideous
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top