Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/21/2018 7:37:39 AM EDT
Their site has been down for at least a [s]week[/s month].

Anyone heard anything?

American Spirit Arms
Link Posted: 5/21/2018 8:24:43 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/21/2018 8:37:44 AM EDT
[#2]
If they have or is in the process of going tits up,  I assume their steep prices must be a contributing factor.
Link Posted: 5/21/2018 8:45:07 AM EDT
[#3]
The original Arfcom hated ASA.
Link Posted: 5/21/2018 8:46:04 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Their facebook hasn't been touched in 5 months either.

I don't want to speculate, but they were a snobby junk company for many years, with junk products and terrible customer service and a high turnover of mistreated employees.
They sold to new owners, who I believe sold again to newer owners. Why anyone would spend real US dollars on that contaminated business name is beyond me, the sale must have included a lot of equipment and optimistic promises.

What is it that you're hoping to get from them, that you can't get elsewhere?
Or do they already have possession of some of your personal property?
View Quote
This.
Link Posted: 5/21/2018 8:54:39 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote
They make really cool side chargers I just sold my 458 socom model and wanted a 9mm
Link Posted: 5/21/2018 8:57:53 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
The original Arfcom hated ASA.
View Quote
Having owned one of their shitty uppers,i still do.
Link Posted: 5/21/2018 9:13:06 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 5/21/2018 9:22:52 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote
That would be my first question as well. If a person is looking for a manufacturer in the Phoenix area there are other options. Quentin Defense being one of them.
I can't imagine that's the case though. OP appears to be in AK.
Link Posted: 5/21/2018 9:25:32 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
They made a dangerous side charger that I tested for them and I strongly suggested they not have me go through with the planned posted review unless they made some major changes to it. They didn't see that as me doing them a serious favor. I'd kinda forgotten about that. My ASA memories are more the ones where their M4 barrels had the gas ports drilled in the wrong spot so they coulddn't function, and Angry Bob throwing merchandise across the counter while screaming at customers.

Hopefully you can find a good option for your side charger needs.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They make really cool side chargers I just sold my 458 socom model and wanted a 9mm
They made a dangerous side charger that I tested for them and I strongly suggested they not have me go through with the planned posted review unless they made some major changes to it. They didn't see that as me doing them a serious favor. I'd kinda forgotten about that. My ASA memories are more the ones where their M4 barrels had the gas ports drilled in the wrong spot so they coulddn't function, and Angry Bob throwing merchandise across the counter while screaming at customers.

Holy Hell, I completely forgot about their side charger gimmick.
Link Posted: 5/21/2018 9:30:37 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

They made a dangerous side charger that I tested for them and I strongly suggested they not have me go through with the planned posted review unless they made some major changes to it. They didn't see that as me doing them a serious favor. I'd kinda forgotten about that. My ASA memories are more the ones where their M4 barrels had the gas ports drilled in the wrong spot so they couldn't function, and Angry Bob throwing merchandise across the counter while screaming at customers.

View Quote
Please elaborate on Angry Bob lol
Link Posted: 5/21/2018 9:32:32 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

what is the deal with their side charging uppers?
my buddy bought two of theirs...
Link Posted: 5/21/2018 9:35:24 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 5/21/2018 9:39:28 AM EDT
[#13]
I have one of their lowers from the 90s. Back from the days of $99 lowers.
Link Posted: 5/21/2018 9:45:37 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 5/21/2018 9:56:31 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Big dude. Tall. Overweight. Diabetic. Argumentative. Temper Tantrums all the time. He was the owner, and I think he was Sara's father in law or uncle or something. He would have done the company a huge favor if he's just stayed home and let her run the store as well as the gunshow booth.
View Quote
I remember hearing all that many years ago. It may have been you who told me.
Link Posted: 5/21/2018 10:02:33 AM EDT
[#16]
I wanted one of their side-chargers for my first AR build, but it was so fucking expensive, and needed special work on the BCG to actually function, ended up going with a Spikes upper to mate to the Spikes lower I was using.
Link Posted: 5/21/2018 10:13:55 AM EDT
[#17]
Doesn't  Bear Creek Armory make side chargers now?

Saw a couple at a local show,that looked very nice.
Link Posted: 5/21/2018 10:14:27 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
what is the deal with their side charging uppers?
my buddy bought two of theirs...
View Quote
I have a couple too.. No issues

I'd like to hear what hes talking about and what year. People love these things
Link Posted: 5/21/2018 10:15:38 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote
Yes they are just like the AR-Stoner ones that midway had. I've got 2 of those too and I love em on my SCR. Theyre much different in several ways from the ASA however.
Side charge all the things.
Link Posted: 5/21/2018 10:17:33 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I wanted one of their side-chargers for my first AR build, but it was so fucking expensive, ...
View Quote
Worth it..
Link Posted: 5/21/2018 10:20:40 AM EDT
[#21]
I have one of their heavy barrels (non chrome lined), and it's surprisingly good.

Want to to say I picked it up back in 2003 or 2004.
Link Posted: 5/21/2018 10:21:07 AM EDT
[#22]
I can try and drive by this week and see if anyone is there.
Link Posted: 5/21/2018 10:24:48 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Yes they are just like the AR-Stoner ones that midway had. I've got 2 of those too and I love em on my SCR. Theyre much different in several ways from the ASA however.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I believe Gibbz is the OEM for 90% of the side chargers out there.
Link Posted: 5/21/2018 10:38:00 AM EDT
[#24]
I think I've still got an Ameetec lower or two from back in the day...
Link Posted: 5/21/2018 10:42:49 AM EDT
[#25]
They always treated me well in person.
Link Posted: 5/21/2018 10:55:42 AM EDT
[#26]
My first AR was an ASA with a 24" bull barrel. Very accurate but it would only feed reliably with surplus Israeli Orlite mags. I don't remember if it was the upper or lower that was the issue. Either way it's someone else's problem now.
Link Posted: 5/21/2018 5:51:15 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 5/21/2018 7:53:53 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Big dude. Tall. Overweight. Diabetic. Argumentative. Temper Tantrums all the time. He was the owner, and I think he was Sara's father in law or uncle or something. He would have done the company a huge favor if he's just stayed home and let her run the store as well as the gunshow booth.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Please elaborate on Angry Bob lol
Bob was Sara's step-dad. The stories I heard about Bob were something else. He would lock 'customers' in the shop and yell at them telling them how stupid they were.
Link Posted: 5/21/2018 8:02:53 PM EDT
[#29]
How have I not seen those before?
Thats bad ass.
Link Posted: 5/21/2018 8:09:01 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
They made a dangerous side charger that I tested for them and I strongly suggested they not have me go through with the planned posted review unless they made some major changes to it. They didn't see that as me doing them a serious favor. I'd kinda forgotten about that. My ASA memories are more the ones where their M4 barrels had the gas ports drilled in the wrong spot so they couldn't function, and Angry Bob throwing merchandise across the counter while screaming at customers.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Geez, you gonna complain about Bill Ruger and S&W too? Angry Bob is long, long gone. Their recent side chargers are nice.
Link Posted: 5/21/2018 8:21:56 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I have one of their lowers from the 90s. Back from the days of $99 lowers.
View Quote
So did I.

It was out of spec and would not freely drop magazines when released.
Link Posted: 5/21/2018 10:47:58 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 5/21/2018 11:02:15 PM EDT
[#33]
The original ASA was a great place to visit when Bob was there, he was always on a rant about something and getting him started was super easy. The phrase "Douche nozzle" was invented specifically for him. A few times I laughed so hard I thought I hurt myself.
Link Posted: 5/22/2018 10:18:01 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 6/7/2018 2:57:35 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

They are pretty new and we are selling 'em as fast as they can make 'em. One of my coworkers did a pistol build using one of these uppers and a cheapo Glock mag polymer lower. I'm talking an embarrassingly cheap build, everything as cheap as he could get it, Magpul 21 round Glock mags and one of our microdots up top, no iron sights or anything. He uses it to hose down steel targets and treats it like a lawnmower, it's filthy. Still seems to work fine.

One thing I remember about the old Colt SMG style 9mm builds were that they ran like crap once they got a little gunk in them. They would short stroke and the round would go nose high and that's how you knew it was time to spray down the whole BCG with lube again. Then when you kept shooting the oil would spray all over your safety glasses from all the blowback.

LOL happy memories.
View Quote
Definitely going to snag one once I finish some of these other projects!
Link Posted: 6/7/2018 2:58:55 PM EDT
[#36]
Just tried the ASA phone # its out of service

Wish there was some news on these clowns. I hope someone picks up their patent.
Link Posted: 6/7/2018 3:03:15 PM EDT
[#37]
Pretty sure the pawn shop in town stocks several of their rifles as new manufacturer so I assume they are still around.   This was two weeks ago talking to the guy.
Link Posted: 6/7/2018 3:04:30 PM EDT
[#38]
I don't remember where I saw it, but I recently saw something showing ASA as out of Prescott Valley now.
Link Posted: 6/7/2018 3:07:55 PM EDT
[#39]
Yep,  They had a machine shop auction about a month ago. Sold everything  (I bought some of it )
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top