Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/31/2020 1:36:05 AM EDT
I'm looking for a decent, durable, and attractive watch that doesn't have Mickey on the face. I'm looking at some Invictas because they're decently water resistant (I don't dive), and I'm told they're on a par with Seiko  within their price range. Of course, the people telling me that are trying to sell me a watch. Opinions from the Hive?

I found an Ebay vendor that has smoking prices on Invicta and a few others I like, PROVIDED  they're the real deal. Thing is, if he's counterfeiting, he sure has a crapload of counterfeiting to do. The vendor is "WatchGooRoo". Has he burned anybody here? If it seems too good to be true.... Thank y'all in advance!
Link Posted: 3/31/2020 4:59:49 AM EDT
[#1]
There was a link on here for $80 Seiko 5 autos a couple days ago. But the invictas are nice. Just about all those autos use Seiko internals. I think timex just brought back some auto lines too.

Link Posted: 3/31/2020 5:32:02 AM EDT
[#2]
I personally think Invictas are hideous.  A lot of them look like what would happen if you asked a rapper to design a watch with as much bling as possible.  But, if you like them, go for it, that's what matters.  Some do use Seiko movements, some use cheap Chinese, so do your research.
Link Posted: 3/31/2020 5:41:53 AM EDT
[#3]
I had an Invicta, the first one, the second hand fell off within 2 months of ownership. The replacement had a luminous dot fall off and the internals fog up from moisture within a month, pretty crappy for a "dive watch". Save yourself the headache and buy something else.
Link Posted: 3/31/2020 5:51:49 AM EDT
[#4]
I have had several invictus over the years and all have been great watches. Had everything from 100.00 autos to 1500.00 autos from them. If really interested pm me I might have one you can have.
Link Posted: 3/31/2020 3:05:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Your Invicta collection was the final straw in a string of incidents that got 7th Group kicked out of Bragg and sent to Florida.
Link Posted: 3/31/2020 4:18:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Why not just buy an Orient Ray II while there’s still some left?
Link Posted: 3/31/2020 7:34:49 PM EDT
[#7]
What's your budget?
Link Posted: 3/31/2020 8:02:05 PM EDT
[#8]
My neighbor is addicted to buying Invictas off the TV every week. I can't even count how many he has got in the last few months. He has everything from the cheap ones all the way up to $750+ "on sale" ones. Most are gaudy as hell, and HUUUUUUUUUGE. He did buy me one, which is much larger than any other watch I own, but at least it's sliver/black, and not gold bling. I will say, besides weighing a ton, it's a pretty nice piece.
Link Posted: 3/31/2020 8:12:58 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Your Invicta collection was the final straw in a string of incidents that got 7th Group kicked out of Bragg and sent to Florida.
View Quote

Lmao. I didnt wear them while I was in. Discovered them about 5 years ago. But Florida is better for 7th group. No one to breathe down necks lol.
Link Posted: 4/1/2020 2:31:36 AM EDT
[#10]
Watchgooroo is good to go. I made 2 purchases from him earlier this year and received both of them as described within the standard 2 week shipping window for most APO deliveries. His prices are good, he sells legit products, and he ships quick. I’d buy from him again.

Invicta makes such a huge range of products every single year. Not everything they make suits everyone’s taste, but they do try to make something for just about everyone. Find what you like at a price you’re happy with and don’t worry about anyone else’s opinion. There are some gems to be had. I own lots of watches from lots of brands, and I also own some Invictas. Their MSRPs are a joke, but street prices are super reasonable when you break down what you get for the money.

I have a really nice titanium pro diver with a 120-click uni-directional bezel, screw down exhibition case back and crown, Seiko NH35A auto movement, applied indices and lume pip, solid link scissor clasp bracelet, and 200M of water resistance. It’s 46mm and fits me well. I paid just over $100 for it new. I wish the lume was better and it had a sapphire crystal, but I’m completely content with my purchase at the price point. Remove the Invicta branding and relabel it as some other micro brand and it would catch less hate and command a higher premium. I don’t pretend that it’s anything other than an Invicta, but it’s a damn good titanium auto for the price point.

Here’s a fair review of an Invicta Pro Diver (not my video). This is the average of what you can expect from most Invicta watches in both construction quality and performance. Like everything that’s made, there will always be outliers.

Invicta Pro Diver - Don''t Swim with a Pro Diver until you see this!
Link Posted: 4/1/2020 7:14:12 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I personally think Invictas are hideous.  A lot of them look like what would happen if you asked a rapper to design a watch with as much bling as possible.  But, if you like them, go for it, that's what matters.  Some do use Seiko movements, some use cheap Chinese, so do your research.
View Quote

Agreed on the styling of some of the pieces. Luckily, they have a number of more understated choices, too. Thanks for the info on the movements!
Link Posted: 4/1/2020 7:27:51 PM EDT
[#12]
I will pay for you not to get an invicta!

Don't buy CHINESE!
Link Posted: 4/1/2020 7:41:01 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I will pay for you not to get an invicta!

Don't buy CHINESE!
View Quote

What if it has a Seiko boiler room?

Awright, maybe I'll just come to Jesus and do this-

https://www.jomashop.com/seiko-watch-snk807.html

7S27 engine, not even a dive watch, but not likely to rust solid in a rainstorm either. Canvas band that I can replace easily, and I never much cared for metal bands. Automatic.
Link Posted: 4/1/2020 10:57:03 PM EDT
[#14]
I had a black Seiko 5. I loved it for many years. I ended up breaking it somehow on accident.
Link Posted: 4/2/2020 9:26:55 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Watchgooroo is good to go. I made 2 purchases from him earlier this year and received both of them as described within the standard 2 week shipping window for most APO deliveries. His prices are good, he sells legit products, and he ships quick. I’d buy from him again.

Invicta makes such a huge range of products every single year. Not everything they make suits everyone’s taste, but they do try to make something for just about everyone. Find what you like at a price you’re happy with and don’t worry about anyone else’s opinion. There are some gems to be had. I own lots of watches from lots of brands, and I also own some Invictas. Their MSRPs are a joke, but street prices are super reasonable when you break down what you get for the money.

I have a really nice titanium pro diver with a 120-click uni-directional bezel, screw down exhibition case back and crown, Seiko NH35A auto movement, applied indices and lume pip, solid link scissor clasp bracelet, and 200M of water resistance. It’s 46mm and fits me well. I paid just over $100 for it new. I wish the lume was better and it had a sapphire crystal, but I’m completely content with my purchase at the price point. Remove the Invicta branding and relabel it as some other micro brand and it would catch less hate and command a higher premium. I don’t pretend that it’s anything other than an Invicta, but it’s a damn good titanium auto for the price point.

Here’s a fair review of an Invicta Pro Diver (not my video). This is the average of what you can expect from most Invicta watches in both construction quality and performance. Like everything that’s made, there will always be outliers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HXCOWOhuLf8
View Quote

Excellent review on a most excellent affordable time piece. I have a few 8926 with a mix of bezel types. I also have the nicer Swiss variant, 9937 I believe, and thats quite nice with the upgraded bracelet. Invicta turns out some but some very nice designs as well.
Link Posted: 4/16/2020 2:25:18 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 4/16/2020 4:02:24 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I have 4 invicta's. Love them.
This is my first one. Bought it on a cruise.
I was wearing it when I laid my bike down. It hit the shoulder of the road around 30-40 mph, was ripped off my arm and the strap was in 2 pieces and ripped off the watch. Broke my left hand in the process.
It still works.
I agree..some of their watches are gaudy as hell and the prices on their website are hilarious
But..I plan on adding to my collection.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/135/87154792_10157012270025817_5353307285672-1370335.jpg

3 of my 4. the watch on the far right is a  rare arfcom watch given to me by Eric the Hun.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/135/89845770_10157075714630817_1770738097571-1370339.jpg

View Quote

PM me your address, I might have a spare I don't wear my friend.
Link Posted: 4/16/2020 5:02:00 PM EDT
[#19]
Seiko. Been wearing them close to 40 years. Still have that first one. Works, too. The auto five I also like, I'm partial to auto wind watches anyway.

Invicta. Yes. I'm partial to the Pro Diver, the small auto winds like the 8936. I have several, some gaudier tham others like the Pro Diver 0073. Its a big frickin' watch! I call it my "steal-me" watch. Please, steah my watch...say hello to my lil'frien'....

For the money, they're decent. I've never paid more than $90 bucks for most, some were quite a bit less on closeout. Shop wisely on ebay...I no longer shop there.
Link Posted: 4/16/2020 5:20:33 PM EDT
[#20]
Hand a Seiko 5 and it die in about six months, ran fast about 15 seconds a day

Hand a Seiko solar died after about a year and a half. Liked that watch

Before you people freak out, you know who you are, I'm hard on watches

I now have three citizen eco drive watches, they keep great time
Beater, work watch and day off watch
getting knocked around

Link Posted: 4/17/2020 12:57:58 AM EDT
[#21]
@Striker

We are gonna need better pics of the Arfcom watch!!! Very very cool. RIP ETH.
Link Posted: 4/17/2020 7:58:59 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 4/17/2020 8:08:08 AM EDT
[#23]
I had to send my Invicta in for repair which they use a third party.  My watch was under a year old and they wanted $80 to fix it which was about what I paid for it.  They wanted me to pay another $20 to have it shipped back to me that I was able to get them to wave.  Got the watch back and took it back to Sears where I bought it for a refund.   I'll never buy another one.
Link Posted: 4/17/2020 8:15:15 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 4/17/2020 1:10:56 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

should we be discussing this in the EE?
View Quote

Gifts have to go through the EE?
Link Posted: 4/17/2020 3:14:31 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 5:24:09 PM EDT
[#27]
I'm going to buy my son a Gold Invicta Prodiver for his birthday. He already loves to wear the Addias track suits.
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 5:49:37 PM EDT
[#28]
The poster above showing off his Citizen Ecodrives is giving you good advice, take it.
Link Posted: 6/23/2020 4:35:50 PM EDT
[#29]
I paid about $70 for it. Keeps decent time. I swim with it most weekends and no water issues.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/23/2020 4:48:37 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I paid about $70 for it. Keeps decent time. I swim with it most weekends and no water issues.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/111682/0940B318-E4C7-4B3B-9FDF-4F5DDB761AC8_png-1473755.JPG
View Quote

The 8926OB is a solid staple entry-level dive watch that most watch guys I know own one of even if they hate Invicta in general. I'll in fact argue it is one of the best watches you can buy NEW for $75 or less.
Link Posted: 6/23/2020 5:05:30 PM EDT
[#31]
look at this over an invicta

that said I've got a 8926 I got in 2001 that is somewhere in a drawer. Found it when we moved 2 years ago and it wound right up.

Miyota movement (citizen).
Link Posted: 6/23/2020 5:14:32 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
look at this over an invicta

that said I've got a 8926 I got in 2001 that is somewhere in a drawer. Found it when we moved 2 years ago and it wound right up.

Miyota movement (citizen).
View Quote

That's no doubt a better quality watch for the long haul. Having said that I do prefer the aesthetics of the Invicta even if it is a clone of every other Rolex wannabe diver out there.
Link Posted: 6/30/2020 1:33:10 AM EDT
[#33]
Every year Invicta produces tasteful affordable designs that are a good value.  They also produce 100-1000 new hideous wrist monsters.  I'm not ashamed to enjoy the ones I own.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top