Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 7/27/2022 4:46:06 PM EDT
Grey Worm is now a vampire lol

Anne Rice’s Interview with the Vampire - Official Trailer (Jacob Anderson) | Comic-Con 2022

Link Posted: 7/27/2022 4:47:41 PM EDT
[#1]

Sure…Why not?
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 4:52:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Looks gay.
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 4:54:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Saw the Brad Pitt movie for the first time a few weeks ago.

Those were the most wasteful vampires I've ever seen.
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 5:00:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Hurray! Another remake with a heavy dose of diversity and gayness! This movie should not be totally retarded at all. No way.
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 5:00:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Looks like hot garbage.
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 5:02:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Dark meat Louie. I’ll watch it.
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 5:06:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Hurray! Another remake with a heavy dose of diversity and gayness! This movie should not be totally retarded at all. No way.
View Quote

To be fair, the book had a lot of diversity and was super gay.
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 5:06:28 PM EDT
[#8]
What crap.  Why even bother.

Link Posted: 7/27/2022 5:08:38 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Dark meat Louie. I’ll watch it.
View Quote

“Can I get some hot sauce?”
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 5:09:42 PM EDT
[#10]
The Vampires  Lestat and Louis are given a VERY clear description in her novels; they are exactly as pictured by Bradd Pitt and Tom Cruise.  There is no question as to the race and  Vampire Louis is a SLAVE OWNER on top of that.  

Yeesh.

Whats next a black "Snow White".
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 5:10:16 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

My sister commented that Pitt/Cruise movie lacked the gay that the book had.  Perhaps they're just being true to the source material this time?
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 5:10:54 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

The original book featured the gayest vampires ever…
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 5:11:15 PM EDT
[#13]
Fargen cork soakers
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 5:13:32 PM EDT
[#14]
Vampires are cock suckers .. who knew?
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 5:15:31 PM EDT
[#15]
A blackwashed woke remake that was not in need of remaking? Is black Jake from State Farm in it too?

I'll that things that are complete bullshit for $200, Alex
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 5:19:37 PM EDT
[#16]
Woke remake ... again.

The first version was just fine.
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 5:20:30 PM EDT
[#17]
Pass....

Link Posted: 7/27/2022 5:21:12 PM EDT
[#18]
Attachment Attached File

I'd think a mini series about the different lives of vampires in different time periods would be more interesting and not require that it be based off of anything else but more original stories and predicaments.  Usually most of the ones available on Netflix/Tubi are over the top crap or teen based supernatural romance shows.
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 5:24:09 PM EDT
[#19]
Is that Grey Worm from Game of Thrones?

I honestly don't get why they keep remaking the first book, it was the worst of the series.  Once the story switched over to Lestat the books got much better.
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 5:38:45 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Looks gay.
View Quote

Well vampires do suck
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 5:40:34 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

Anybody who read the original books.
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 5:45:27 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

“I vant to suck yur pud”
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 5:47:42 PM EDT
[#23]
I thought I was going to despise this like every other blatantly blackwashed remade woke KEEL WHITEY AND REPLACE HIS ASS garbage... but actually that Lestat looks pretty good.
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 5:48:39 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

“I vant to suck yur pud”
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/27/2022 5:50:23 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

My sister commented that Pitt/Cruise movie lacked the gay that the book had.  Perhaps they're just being true to the source material this time?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, they're not.
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 5:57:35 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote
Although your sister is right, the Lestat/Louis relationship was not really a sexual one, more of a mentor and student in Lestat trying to teach Louis to be a vampire and embrace his dark side, also Lestat was more of a trickster and a libertine than he was gay. The Armand character though was legit homo.
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 5:58:45 PM EDT
[#27]
Was in New Orleans when they were filming this.  Was over by the convent and the house from the original movie where the family who was killed coffins came down the steps.
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 5:58:52 PM EDT
[#28]
Read the Vampire Lestat first in high school and I thought it was great. Then I read Interview With The Vampire and thought that mostly sucked. Queen Of The Damned was good. Tale Of The Body Thief was the last one I read, it was ok.

Rice built an interesting lore. I think her version of vampires is the best I've seen in modern writing in terms of the back story, their powers and how they increase etc. She dabbled a little too much on the gay side at times but it is what it is.

That said, I didn't like the Cruise/Pitt movie and this is probably as bad or worse + wokeness/ forced diversity so I'll pass.
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 6:00:29 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Was in New Orleans when they were filming this.  Was over by the convent and the house from the original movie where the family who was killed coffins came down the steps.
View Quote

Last time I was in NO I did a ghost tour and we spent more time seeing the movie shooting locations and getting drinks from bars than anything else. Good times.
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 6:08:35 PM EDT
[#30]
Just no. Pass.

Link Posted: 7/27/2022 6:10:12 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote

Vamps in Rice's book aren't sexual, really. They are driven by other things.

Link Posted: 7/27/2022 6:15:55 PM EDT
[#32]
So a re-do of Blackula with a white dude is right around the corner?
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 6:50:00 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Grey Worm is now a vampire lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uf0omSx_l7o

View Quote

They fucked that up.

If someone was going to make a remake, they should have remade Queen of the Damned. Because that was one fucking retarded movie.
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 6:56:26 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 7:04:24 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Fargen cork soakers
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/27/2022 7:06:37 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Looks gay.
View Quote

I mean, yeah.. so was the book...
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 7:10:22 PM EDT
[#37]
I've always wondered why nobody has done a baseball movie called Interview with the Umpire.
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 7:13:09 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I've always wondered why nobody has done a baseball movie called Interview with the Umpire.
View Quote

If you want to make a low-budget indie film, I'd be happy to participate unpaid.
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 7:14:48 PM EDT
[#39]
The first one was gayer than Top Gun.
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 8:17:41 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The … intimacy … between men is an overpowering element, even if it’s not overtly sexual.
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 8:23:48 PM EDT
[#41]
They're going to catch the Man Hole Measels
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 8:41:06 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

The   intimacy   between men is an overpowering element, even if it's not overtly sexual.
View Quote

I agree, but they paired up based on personality, not sexuality. Lestat specifically talked about having no interest in sex as I recall, though he could perform the act if he needed to. Hell, he was pair bonded with his mortal mother for a bit...

Now in life, Lestat did swing both ways, for what its worth. Even that was at least half for the scandal of it, though, which kind of fits his character anyway.

I always took the vampiric intimacy as something very different than it was for humans, and couldn't really be compared or termed 'gay' or 'straight', though.

Link Posted: 7/27/2022 8:41:46 PM EDT
[#43]
What are their pronouns?...
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 8:58:15 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
The Vampires  Lestat and Louis are given a VERY clear description in her novels; they are exactly as pictured by Bradd Pitt and Tom Cruise.  There is no question as to the race and  Vampire Louis is a SLAVE OWNER on top of that.  

Yeesh.

Whats next a black "Snow White".
View Quote

Hopefully the black vampire will be a slave owner.  Woke heads would spin.
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 9:02:59 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
They're going to catch the Man Hole Measels
View Quote
I am fucking DYING HERE!!!!!  
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 9:13:22 PM EDT
[#46]
Did you know that Cinderella originally had a fur, not verre, slipper?

It's interesting how things can change. Sometimes it's organic.

Sometimes not.
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 9:23:38 PM EDT
[#47]
More woke garbage. It's getting very boring.
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 9:27:17 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Is that Grey Worm from Game of Thrones?

I honestly don't get why they keep remaking the first book, it was the worst of the series.  Once the story switched over to Lestat the books got much better.
View Quote

I agree. They made a movie based on Queen of the Damned, but it was complete shit. If they remade that now, I seriously doubt it would be any better. They need to leave Anne's work alone.
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 9:30:52 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Although your sister is right, the Lestat/Louis relationship was not really a sexual one, more of a mentor and student in Lestat trying to teach Louis to be a vampire and embrace his dark side, also Lestat was more of a trickster and a libertine than he was gay. The Armand character though was legit homo.
View Quote

Armand's story grossed me out and completely changed how I felt about Marius. Even though Marius saved Armand from a worse situation, it was still a homosexual relationship.
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 9:40:30 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I agree. They made a movie based on Queen of the Damned, but it was complete shit. If they remade that now, I seriously doubt it would be any better. They need to leave Anne's work alone.
View Quote

If this goes as planned, you will get a "remake" of Queen of the Damned, if you want to call it that.

Anne had bought back the adaptation rights to her books and it was apparently her idea to make a TV series to cover the whole book series, which of course would start with the first book (Interview, what the trailer is for).

I guess she didn't maintain full control, though, as I can't imagine that she would have signed off on this, and I don't think they could have really departed that much from whatever was planned just since her passing at the end of last year.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top