Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page General » Books
Site Notices
Posted: 1/3/2021 3:11:17 PM EDT
So, my old neighbors (since deceased) were getting up in years and had their kids go through their stuff and take what they wanted so that when the time came there would be one less thing to do. This was one of the things they didn't want along with over $3k worth of cast iron toys and a 1905 Christy Matthewson baseball game.

It is a book detailing the training of the 96th Infantry Division from 1942 to 1944. The man of the family was a 81mm mortar man in the Pacific. How many of these might have been printed? I didn't see any for sale but I did see a PDF copy for $14.95. If anyone is interested I will sell consider selling or possibly trading it.

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/3/2021 4:44:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Awesome find!
Link Posted: 1/4/2021 10:20:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Sad what people throw out!
Link Posted: 1/5/2021 9:27:14 AM EDT
[#3]
Very neat.

Hking
Link Posted: 1/5/2021 3:21:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Sad what people throw out!
View Quote

Yeah, I grew up with the youngest boy but we drifted apart in HS. I can't believe he didn't want the stuff they threw away. V-Mail letters from relatives to his dad during the war, the paddle his father's fraternity hazed him with in college, a Musette bag. Bought some guns and stereo equipment with all the money I made selling the old toys. Bought them a bottle of wine.
Link Posted: 7/22/2021 4:58:14 AM EDT
[#5]
I’d love to have that
Pm me a price
Link Posted: 7/22/2021 5:13:42 AM EDT
[#6]
We were cleaning out my FIL’s stuff. He served in the Pacific as a marine. But, we found some postcards to and from his father when he was stationed in France during WW1. Some cool stuff.
Link Posted: 7/22/2021 5:15:15 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 7/22/2021 6:35:47 AM EDT
[#8]
What fucking chucklehead  would throw out a piece of history such as that?  

Good save OP!
Link Posted: 7/29/2021 2:50:39 PM EDT
[#9]
Unit histories fall into two categories.

Some are scholarly post-war works that detail the unit's training, maneuvers, transit overseas, campaigns and battle experience and return home.

Others are more like high school yearbooks.
Page General » Books
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top