Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
Member Login

Posted: 10/12/2020 1:53:02 PM EST
[Last Edit: 10/13/2020 2:10:00 PM EST by UnaStamus]
Hennepin County Judge Peter Cahill is set to making a ruling on Thursday October 15th  
The motions on the table right now up for consideration are as follows:

1. Dismissal of Aid and Abet charges against the 3 assisting officers, as 2nd Degree Murder is not applicable and officers can’t be charged for this at a lower level
2. Dismissal of the 2nd Degree Murder charge against Ofc Chauvin due to no conditions of felony action present
3. Trying all four officers separately (like with the Baltimore 6) versus trying all four together (which is what the State AG wants)
4. Change of venue to an out-state court away from Hennepin County, as defendants arguing an inability to obtain a fair trial.

As it stands, #4 is likely to happen.  The other 3 are possible, with #1 and #3 being highly probable.  If this happens, agencies here in Minnesota are on standby for civil unrest.  This is on Wednesday morning, possibly by noon.  For other LE agencies, there could be nationwide unrest in response.  We saw the same thing happen with no direct charges being filed in the Breonna Taylor case, so there’s every reason to believe it’ll happen again with this one on Wednesday.  Just a heads-up to all of you working in hotspot areas.

UPDATED to new date.
Link Posted: 10/12/2020 2:26:19 PM EST
Interesting. Thanks for the update. The charges need to be dropped against all of them but I don’t know if there is a judge around that has the courage to do so. They are lawyers after all.
Link Posted: 10/12/2020 8:15:51 PM EST
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By ColtRifle:
Interesting. Thanks for the update. The charges need to be dropped against all of them but I don’t know if there is a judge around that has the courage to do so. They are lawyers after all.
View Quote

That and they’ll have their own occupy movement on their  front lawn before the ink on the order is dry.
Link Posted: 10/12/2020 8:20:12 PM EST
[Last Edit: 10/12/2020 8:21:03 PM EST by belted_guns]
Originally Posted By CAsoldier:

That and they’ll have their own occupy movement on their  front lawn before the ink on the order is dry.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By CAsoldier:

And that is the definition of terrorism
Link Posted: 10/13/2020 2:13:20 PM EST
I just updated the date.  It’s now set for Thursday October 15th.  MFF and CART teams metro-wide are now on standby.

View Quote

No kidding.  Fortunately the judge is not a fan of AG Keith Ellison and has already removed the activist county attorney from the case due to meddling in the case with the ME’s report.  
Link Posted: 10/13/2020 2:39:39 PM EST
Originally Posted By UnaStamus:
I just updated the date.  It’s now set for Thursday October 15th.  MFF and CART teams metro-wide are now on standby.

No kidding.  Fortunately the judge is not a fan of AG Keith Ellison and has already removed the activist county attorney from the case due to meddling in the case with the ME’s report.  
View Quote

Wow that’s good info! Thanks for the “in the trenches” reports!
Link Posted: 10/14/2020 9:24:44 PM EST
Any updates or confirmation of tomorrow?
Link Posted: 10/16/2020 4:29:52 AM EST
So I guess nothing happened?
Link Posted: 10/16/2020 8:51:30 AM EST
If it was my area, the spineless lawyer (judge) would “take it under advisement” and then issue an unpopular ruling once the heat died down.
Link Posted: 10/16/2020 9:05:50 AM EST
Is there anything left to burn and loot there?
Link Posted: 10/17/2020 1:39:46 PM EST
Judge is still deliberating.  It kept getting pushed back.  Next deadline we’ve heard is Monday (Oct 19th) at noon.  
Agencies are getting pretty pissed off at having to have assets on standby for this.
Link Posted: 10/17/2020 8:44:03 PM EST
Judge is still deliberating.  It kept getting pushed back.  Next deadline we’ve heard is Monday (Oct 19th) at noon.  
Agencies are getting pretty pissed off at having to have assets on standby for this.
View Quote

Spineless fucking lawyers
Link Posted: 10/17/2020 9:32:26 PM EST
If it keeps getting pushed back we already know the answer.
Link Posted: 10/18/2020 2:26:08 PM EST

Spineless fucking lawyers
View Quote

Pretty much the universal sentiment.
Link Posted: 10/18/2020 6:36:03 PM EST
Nobody is going to want to be on the receiving end of this case.
That is if it makes it to trial.
Link Posted: 10/23/2020 1:00:22 PM EST
Well, the judge bitched out and dropped the 3rd Degree murder charge against Chauvin, but kept all other charges, including the A&A 2nd deg murder charge for the other three officers.
I guess this just makes it a prelude to a full acquittal.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 12:47:43 PM EST
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 9:53:57 PM EST
[Last Edit: 1/15/2021 9:55:17 PM EST by UnaStamus]

Defense attorneys for the other three officers had a strong argument on their side for a continuance to June/July because the State had withheld evidence and violated disclosure procedure.  It was basically either give a continuance or declare a mistrial, and the judge didn’t want to declare the mistrial.  

The benefit is that so long as Chauvin isn’t convicted of 2nd Degree Murder, the charges for the other three have to be dropped then.  In theory.  The State AG’s office is very insistent on this.  
Funny enough, the Atty General Covid Enforcement Team contacted us on New Years and wanted us to go to a venue where a promoter was reportedly hosting a New Years party in violation of the state lockdown.  They wanted us to break up the party, identify the person/people holding the party, and do reports on it and submit it to them.  Something like 400 people were there.  We told the AG’s office to do it themselves and don’t bother calling for police when it turns to shit and people pull guns on them.
Apparently they did that to several agencies in the metro, and nobody would go do the AG Office’s dirty work for them.  AG’s office reportedly doesn’t understand why they can’t get any LE agency in the state to cooperate with them.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 10:25:30 AM EST

Defense attorneys for the other three officers had a strong argument on their side for a continuance to June/July because the State had withheld evidence and violated disclosure procedure.  It was basically either give a continuance or declare a mistrial, and the judge didn’t want to declare the mistrial.  

The benefit is that so long as Chauvin isn’t convicted of 2nd Degree Murder, the charges for the other three have to be dropped then.  In theory.  The State AG’s office is very insistent on this.  
Funny enough, the Atty General Covid Enforcement Team contacted us on New Years and wanted us to go to a venue where a promoter was reportedly hosting a New Years party in violation of the state lockdown.  They wanted us to break up the party, identify the person/people holding the party, and do reports on it and submit it to them.  Something like 400 people were there.  We told the AG’s office to do it themselves and don’t bother calling for police when it turns to shit and people pull guns on them.
Apparently they did that to several agencies in the metro, and nobody would go do the AG Office’s dirty work for them.  AG’s office reportedly doesn’t understand why they can’t get any LE agency in the state to cooperate with them.
View Quote

Good info and a bit of good news in an otherwise gloomy world. Thanks for the update!!
Link Posted: 2/8/2021 11:11:21 PM EST
https://www.lawofficer.com/minnesota-attorney-general-wants-to-upgrade-charges-of-former-officers-in-george-floyd-death/

MINNEAPOLIS — Prosecutors want to charge all four police officers at the scene of George Floyd’s death with third-degree murder, according to a report Friday.

Minnesota Attorney General Keith Ellison filed a motion Thursday, citing a legal precedent that would allow him to charge officers Derek Chauvin, Tou Thao, Thomas Lane and J. Alexander Kueng with the crime — potentially adding decades to the amount of prison time they face, according to NBC.

Thao, Lane and Kueng are accused of failing to stop Chauvin from allegedly “killing Floyd,” despite lethal doses of fentanyl in Floyd’s system.

Thao, Lane and Kueng are currently charged with aiding and abetting murder along with aiding and abetting manslaughter. Chauvin is faces second-degree unintentional murder and second-degree manslaughter  charges.

The addition of a third-degree murder charge could add up to 25 years to a potential jail sentence for all four men, New York Post reported.

In the motion filed Thursday, Ellison argued that the state’s Court of Appeals recently upheld a third-degree murder charge against former officer Mohamed Noor over the shooting death of Justine Ruszczyk Damond.

That case included, “situations in which the defendant’s actions … were not specifically directed at that particular person whose death occurred,” he wrote.

However, this argument seems flawed since Noor actually shot Damond. Legal skeptics wonder if this tactic is an effort to get a plea agreement from the lesser involved officers while prosecutors go after Chauvin.
Link Posted: 2/10/2021 9:22:43 PM EST
Chief Arredondo and Mayor Mom Jeans Frey have been calling agencies all over the state asking for assistance during the trials.  Nobody will agree, and numerous calls are going unanswered.  
Governor Kommissar Walz stepped in and attempted to free up $35M in funds to try to fund agencies who assist, and basically to bribe them to assist.  The state Congress shut it down, calling it a bailout of Minneapolis.  
Now Kommissar Walz is reported to be exploring the legality of an executive order mandating that agencies or tactical teams around the state dedicate a certain percentage of personnel to security in Mpls and St Paul during the trial.  There are already Sheriff’s in the state that have made statements to Walz that they won’t comply, and won’t dedicate their people to protect a city that gave up one of its own precincts.  

What’s more is that word through the info chain is that the State AG is pushing for these new charges because they know they over-charged and won’t get a conviction.  Now they’re trying to find a way to save themselves.  They set themselves up for failure from the start.  This is about to become a gong show.  I smell lots of OT coming up.
Link Posted: 2/10/2021 9:29:31 PM EST
That's hilarious.  I hope the various agencies stick to their guns and refuse to help.  I feel bad for the Minneapolis officers but only to a point.  Why work for a city that hates you?  I understand making a good living but being stressed out before even starting work does not seem to be a healthy future.  I'd have been long gone if I worked there.  

Thanks for the continued updates!!
Top Top