Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/2/2021 11:18:29 PM EDT
Okay.  I like to go shooting.  I had a new scope arrive today and the rings I had planned to use with it are not going to work.  I ordered some new Vortex Pro rings, but they won't arrive until next week, so I'd have to put off the range trip until the following weekend.  Or, I could use the heavy steel Leupold rings I bought like 14 years ago that are "like new" but seriously like half a pound just for the rings.

Would you do it just to be able to go shoot this weekend?  I can always swap the new rings in when they arrive (but would need to re-zero the gun again).  This is not a rifle I'll be packing around hunting with, it's mostly just for punching paper and plinking from a bench.  So extra weight isn't really an issue, but it's already kind of heavy.
Link Posted: 12/2/2021 11:19:48 PM EDT
[#1]
How much ammo do you have for said rifle
Link Posted: 12/2/2021 11:22:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
How much ammo do you have for said rifle
View Quote

Plenty.  It's a .22lr.  I have limited "good" target ammo, but lots of "good enough" ammo and bulk pack stuff.
Link Posted: 12/2/2021 11:23:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Use what you have, your delivery could get delayed and then you won’t shoot at all.
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 1:43:14 AM EDT
[#4]
I went rummaging around and found some older Vortex "tactical" rings that I forgot I had.  All is well.
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 1:48:21 AM EDT
[#5]
No irons?
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 3:26:38 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
No irons?
View Quote

Not on this rifle.  Savage MkII FVSR.
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 4:09:33 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Okay.  I like to go shooting.  I had a new scope arrive today and the rings I had planned to use with it are not going to work.  I ordered some new Vortex Pro rings, but they won't arrive until next week, so I'd have to put off the range trip until the following weekend.  Or, I could use the heavy steel Leupold rings I bought like 14 years ago that are "like new" but seriously like half a pound just for the rings.

Would you do it just to be able to go shoot this weekend?  I can always swap the new rings in when they arrive (but would need to re-zero the gun again).  This is not a rifle I'll be packing around hunting with, it's mostly just for punching paper and plinking from a bench.  So extra weight isn't really an issue, but it's already kind of heavy.
View Quote

Do you feel like installing the scope 2x and re-zeroing?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top