Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/8/2018 5:58:30 PM EDT
Who has inspired you in your reading? I hope this isn't taken as blasphemy, but lets not say, "The Bible".

What author has helped you grow in the faith?

I have a fairly extensive library but I can very quickly narrow down.

E.M. Bounds - The Classic Collections on prayer

George Peters - The Theocratic Kingdom

F.B. Meyers - Fit for the Master's Use.

Howard Taylor - Spiritual Secrets of Hudson Taylor

Honorable mention:

Bonhoffers- Cost of Discipleship

John Walker- Costly Grace

Frank Turek - Stealing From God: How Atheists Need God to prove their arguments.

Ranier: Simple Church

I have probably 15 other Good ones but who has inspired you most?
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 9:57:01 AM EDT
[#1]
I had been a believer for less than three years when I graduated from college.  As a gift, my church gave me a copy of In His Steps, by Charles Sheldon.

Reading it helped me to realize I needed to put more of what I had read in the Bible into practice in my life.
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 11:17:46 PM EDT
[#2]
The Siege of Shkodra.

It's the true story of a small number of Christians besieged by an Ottoman Army of 400,000, led by Mehmet the Conqueror himself.
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 11:19:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Knowing God JI Packer
A Puritan Theology.  Beeke and Jones
By this Standard. Bahnsen
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 4:42:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I had been a believer for less than three years when I graduated from college.  As a gift, my church gave me a copy of In His Steps, by Charles Sheldon.

Reading it helped me to realize I needed to put more of what I had read in the Bible into practice in my life.
View Quote
It is challenging for sure.
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 4:43:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
The Siege of Shkodra.

It's the true story of a small number of Christians besieged by an Ottoman Army of 400,000, led by Mehmet the Conqueror himself.
View Quote
I am intrigued. I will need to look this up. I just have about 6 books on my reading list.
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 4:44:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Knowing God JI Packer
A Puritan Theology.  Beeke and Jones
By this Standard. Bahnsen
View Quote
Packer I have heard of before.

I am going to look at the Puritan Theology in the future.

ETA:
@KD5TXX

Does the Puritan Theology take into account the Savoy Declaration and the London Baptist Confession of Faith?
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 11:46:51 PM EDT
[#7]
It does discuss the theology of people who would have agreed with 1689.  It is more broad and discusses topics and the views of different people.  Presbyterian, Congregationalist and Baptist.  Pretty interesting book.
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 11:48:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
It does discuss the theology of people who would have agreed with 1689.  It is more broad and discusses topics and the views of different people.  Presbyterian, Congregationalist and Baptist.  Pretty interesting book.
View Quote
Ok. I found it on my book site. Now I have to see if my 15% off is still good
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top