User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 6
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 9:03:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

@DmacRTCo

A few years ago, I was in a pawn shop in Jeff City.  I was looking to sell a pistol I had.  I saw one of those on the rack.  I really, really, REALLY wanted to buy it, but my wife would have killed me if I bought a gun instead of selling one.

I remember the owner was a member here.  I also remember the owner having a switchblade in his profile pic.  Was that you or Bladeswitcher?
View Quote

@Joker23
It might have been Bladeswitcher. I got mine at a pawnshop in Springfield just in the last year or so.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 9:03:57 PM EDT
[#2]

I want to see the police report when you fight off the home invaders with the spiked mace ??
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 9:30:51 PM EDT
[#3]

Haha I've been wanting to do this.

Did you use a regular barrel nut or something else?

@mitsuman47
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 9:35:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Serves no purpose other than to put a smile in my face.

-Mike
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 9:56:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Not only do I have one, I have one in FDE.
https://i.postimg.cc/kGpVxHhv/IMG-20190302-182727757.jpg

I also have a Sterling pistol in 7.62x25. More odd than ridiculous I guess.

https://i.postimg.cc/j2wqrSZy/IMG-20131024-170705-556.jpg
View Quote

Not odd, very cool!

...and the judge exceeded my expectations! Well played!
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 9:58:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 10:20:04 PM EDT
[#7]

Nice!
A couple of my favorite range toys.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 10:20:47 PM EDT
[#8]
And now GDs dream gun!
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 2/23/2021 10:54:41 PM EDT
[#9]
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Replace the plastic rods with aluminum ones from grainger - you will thank me.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 11:18:01 PM EDT
[#10]

Shut your whore mouth! When I got on the Saiga 12 Forum in 2008 I learned that’s what an S12 was SUPPOSED to look like, haha.

Never did all those bells and whistles myself, of course, but I knew I was supposed to before the import ban.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 11:26:21 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Not my pic but this gun.
https://www.ammoland.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/North-American-Arms-Mini-Revolver-in-22-Short.jpg

An almost useless caliber, particularly with that super short barrel. So inaccurate, I couldn’t hit the side of a barn from the inside with all the doors closed. Even in .22short, it is surprisingly unpleasant to shoot.

Still, it is nicely made and a fun little piece to show off. I usually display it along side my Z-frame S&W .500 Magnum
View Quote

The first NAA i saw was a .22 Short. That one had a loop on the butt to put a keychain on it.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 11:29:02 PM EDT
[#12]
Has to be my cwock
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 11:35:52 PM EDT
[#13]

Got mine when I worked at Serbu. Wife takes it over when we go shooting.

Link Posted: 2/23/2021 11:49:16 PM EDT
[#14]
Attachment Attached File

Complete with fully functional 50 round ProMag drum!
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 11:56:27 PM EDT
[#15]
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Braverman Stinger Pen Gun.

.22 LR, not an AOW because it can only function when you extend it into the firing (pistol-shaped) position, which makes it a regular Title 1 firearm.  My dad bought it mid-90s, fired it maybe five times, stashed it for years, gave it to my brother, who fired it twice, stashed it for years, who then gave it to me.  Why?  Because it's a STUPID IDEA and an absolute pain in the ass to shoot.  

- Heavy for its size
- the grip sucks--too small to fit in your hand, too big to tuck between a couple of fingers
- The trigger works in the opposite direction you're used to--UP, towards the barrel, is fire (!?!)), which makes the grip suck even more, as you have to do this weird "hold it with four fingers and move your index finger UP instead of back" thing
- The grip really, really sucks (see above)
- Quickest I've reloaded is 3.5 minutes--you unscrew the barrel, find something to push/pull the spent case out of the chamber (stick, etc), put in a new round, screw the barrel in place, then close & open the action to cock it
- Can't begin to describe how much the grip sucks
- Surprising amount of recoil for a .22LR
- It has no, none, zero sights--you have to use your index finger to index it to the target...the same index finger you need to move UP to fire the damn thing
- The grip is, simply, gawdawful, I mean, REALLY sucks!
- and it's got minute of barn door accuracy at 10 feet (see the no sights, unnatural trigger finger movement thing, and the 1.5" barrel only adds to the degree of difficulty).

Oh, and the "safety", the ring with the angled sleeve between the knurled barrel and the joint, occasionally slides to ON randomly, so you get a "    " instead of a bang when you try to squeeze the trigger with that horrible, awful, no-good nasty "trigger finger goes UP" thing.  

But a unique conversation piece and fun to let people "experience" it.  "No, no, it'll be fun.  Trust me."  
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 12:02:57 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/30315/IMG_20200524_112435495_jpg-1431428.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/30315/IMG_20200524_112415268_jpg-1431430.JPG

.22 LR, not an AOW because it can only function when you extend it into the firing (pistol-shaped) position, which makes it a regular Title 1 firearm.  My dad bought it imd-90s, fired it maybe five times, stashed it for years, gave it to my brother, who fired it twice, stashed it for years, who then gave it to me.  Why?  Because it's a STUPID IDEA and an absolute pain in the ass to shoot.  

- Heavy for its size
- the grip sucks--too small to fit in your hand, too big to tuck between a couple of fingers
- The trigger works in the opposite direction you're used to--UP, towards the barrel, is fire (!?!)), which makes the grip suck even more, as you have to do this weird "hold it with four fingers and move your index finger UP instead of back" thing
- Quickest I've reloaded is 3.5 minutes--you unscrew the barrel, find something to push/pull the spent case out of the chamber (stick, etc), put in a new round, screw the barrel in place, then close & open the action to cock it
- It has no, none, zero sights--you have to use your index finger to index it to the target...the same index finger you need to move UP to fire the damn thing
- and it's got minute of barn door accuracy at 10 feet (see the no sights, unnatural trigger finger movement thing, and the 1.5" barrel only adds to the degree of difficulty).

Oh, and the "safety", the ring with the angled sleeve between the knurled barrel and the joint, occasionally slides to ON randomly, so you get a "    " instead of a bang when you try to squeeze the trigger with that horrible, awful, no-good nasty "trigger finger goes UP" thing.  

But a unique conversation piece and fun to let people "experience" it.  "No, no, it'll be fun.  Trust me."  
View Quote

LOL!
I have one, bought it for the S&G Factor.
They're kind of pricey now.
It can be loaded quite a bit faster,  faster than my N.A.A Mini Revolver.
Also a S&G 'weapon'.
Why?
Because I could.
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 12:07:37 AM EDT
[#17]
You knew it was coming.............

Attachment Attached File

But it works....
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 12:09:57 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/30315/IMG_20200524_112435495_jpg-1431428.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/30315/IMG_20200524_112415268_jpg-1431430.JPG

.22 LR, not an AOW because it can only function when you extend it into the firing (pistol-shaped) position, which makes it a regular Title 1 firearm.  My dad bought it imd-90s, fired it maybe five times, stashed it for years, gave it to my brother, who fired it twice, stashed it for years, who then gave it to me.  Why?  Because it's a STUPID IDEA and an absolute pain in the ass to shoot.  

- Heavy for its size

View Quote

Your description has me sold. Only real question is, how’s the grip?
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 12:16:17 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

- Heavy for its size

Depends on how big of a weapon you're used to holding.

Link Posted: 2/24/2021 12:16:39 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Not odd, very cool!

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Not odd, very cool!

I went to a gun show for the first time in years, was actually looking for some homemade beef jerky but couldn't find any. Came home with that instead.

Quoted:

I want!

Avatar checks out. I found it at Frontier Firearms in Kingston.
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 1:19:33 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

@JDemond

I will certainly take that off your hands if it is so worthless
View Quote

I meant more in an outdated gun, and outdated round. I'm a reloader, so she'll get shot. I have been contemplating a .32 Da as of late. I dig cool mechanical things and that's what drew me to this gun.
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 9:25:15 AM EDT
[#22]
She's lots of fun to shoot.

Did it to rustle jimmies at the trap/skeet range.

MFW I saw the sign "Barrel length may not be under 18 inches."  

Link Posted: 2/24/2021 9:34:17 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
She's lots of fun to shoot.

Did it to rustle jimmies at the trap/skeet range.

MFW I saw the sign "Barrel length may not be under 18 inches."  

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/317376/20200428_162519-1390856.jpg
View Quote
Pure awesomeness
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 9:46:13 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Pure awesomeness
View Quote

Thanks!!

She originally looked like this:

There was a dent in the barrel, bloody fingerprints all over the receiver, and the wood was a funny honey color....

Got it for $150...

Stripped the wood down to this:

Gave it 10 coats of Minwax Cognac stain and 10 coats of Tung Oil.

More of the work done:

Link Posted: 2/24/2021 9:54:25 AM EDT
[#25]
Not my pic, but I've got one of these Stoeger .22LR Lugers....gift from the wife who knew I was jonesing for a Luger....close but not really.  I give her a B+ for effort

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 10:25:58 AM EDT
[#26]

I prefer "The Ladies Home Companion".  
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 10:33:21 AM EDT
[#27]

Can Cannon?
Is the site useful on it?  Just got my can cannon shipped to me a couple of days ago
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 2:03:41 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

@mitsuman47
View All Quotes
Quoted:

@mitsuman47

@TribunusSanGeorqgii

Yeah regular barrel nut. It's been a few years, and I don't remember exactly what I did. But, I think I filed the teeth down that the wrench attaches to, torqued it with channel locks then gorilla glued it.

And don't cheap out. Spring for the schedule 40.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 2:42:41 AM EDT
[#29]
Still trying to get it to feed right, but it's the most over the top LMG in terms of features I've ever seen.

Want it on a tripod?  Check

Need an assault grip?  Check

Barrel change?  Check

No gas port to prevent barrel erosion?  Check

Adjustable gas system?  Check

Dial sight with numbers?  Check

Dust covers galore?  Check

And much, much more.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 3:00:33 AM EDT
[#30]
Someone in the AK HTF has this monster.  SBR K98 with trench mags and a Degroat flash enhancer on it.  Pretty sure there's a photo somewhere of him shooting it, you just see a pair of legs poking out from a fireball.  

Link Posted: 2/25/2021 11:50:47 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Can Cannon?
Is the site useful on it?  Just got my can cannon shipped to me a couple of days ago
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Can Cannon?

For a pretend area effective weapon, absolutely. The upside down recoil eating spring stock is also something I really love.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 3:31:43 AM EDT
[#33]

I don't know man, kind of cool to me.  In a "I never would have done that" kind of way.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 3:40:30 AM EDT
[#34]
I have no picture of it, but the Long Range Winner single shot 12GA I've had about 9 years would qualify for this thread.

My friend who gifted it to me said the last time it was shot was 1972, and in his words, "more came out the back than went out the front."
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 4:59:41 AM EDT
[#35]

NAA Pug “The Dude” edition. In the process of turning it into this:

Combination revolver/brass knuckles. Do I need a Knucklegun? Nope. Will there ever be any practical application for it? No. Will it ever do anything other than go to the range or sit in a display case? Negative. Will it be ludicrously expensive for what amounts to a neat paperweight? Oh yeah. Have I wanted one for over a decade? Fuckin YES
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 8:23:08 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 10:03:15 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 1:04:39 PM EDT
[#38]
I am not sure why I bought this.. I gues my .44 magnum did not go boom enough. I don't have a reason to have it. I don't use it for anything other than trying to talk friends into shooting it..     S&W .460XVR
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 12:57:33 AM EDT
[#39]
This is kinda silly, 6.5" barrel. The woman calls it Little Joey

Link Posted: 2/27/2021 9:03:04 AM EDT
[#40]
.45/70 bfr
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 9:05:31 AM EDT
[#41]
Ok I get the spirit of the thread and I'm embarrassed to say I don't have any ridiculous firearms.

Link Posted: 2/27/2021 9:11:36 AM EDT
[#42]

I, too, enjoy the finer things in life.  Mine is only a 500 JRH though:

Also, it is either that, or my Tromix 458 SOCOM an a YEET Cannon sbr lower.  I've since removed the Bravo Anchor Brake - found it doesn't do much for 450g subsonics:

edit: made this video for funsies a few weeks back:

223 in 458; Why 458 is better than 300 BO
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 9:13:12 AM EDT
[#43]
Ta-da

Link Posted: 2/27/2021 9:38:40 AM EDT
[#44]
couldn't top the OP if I tried
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 10:54:52 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 10:58:13 AM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 11:16:54 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

- Heavy for its size

View Quote

Can you hold that thing in a fist with your thumb on top of the barrel part?

Seems like it could be fired with a bit more control pushing the gun down into your hand vs trying to lift your finger up.  Since it's all weird with no sites on it anyway, no reason not to try holding it weird. Just don't try to pretend it's a pistol and get creative. Lol
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 11:22:21 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
https://content.invisioncic.com/r270761/monthly_2021_01/34C47E20-CD0E-4C9A-8CC7-F0239DB8EA47.jpeg.654efa1dee5c23b6324cf66e46945123.jpeg

NAA Pug "The Dude" edition. In the process of turning it into this:

https://cdn.rockislandauction.com/dev_cdn/67/1177.jpg

Combination revolver/brass knuckles. Do I need a Knucklegun? Nope. Will there ever be any practical application for it? No. Will it ever do anything other than go to the range or sit in a display case? Negative. Will it be ludicrously expensive for what amounts to a neat paperweight? Oh yeah. Have I wanted one for over a decade? Fuckin YES
View Quote
The knuckle duster you posted seems to also have a pocket knife inside the brass knuckles.

I love how the creator managed to shove 3 weapons into one and make all of them objectively worse.

That takes dedication and skill.
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 11:32:37 AM EDT
[#49]

I could not own that without doing at least 1 hip-fire mag dump every time I shot it while yelling: "Say hello to my little friend!" Or "Get to da choppa!"

Link Posted: 2/27/2021 11:50:42 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
You knew it was coming.............

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/3064/zip22_JPG-1838990.JPG

But it works....
View Quote
@BURN

Where's the trigger?

What is that thing?
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top