Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/12/2019 4:21:31 PM EDT
You need...

THE MENTHOL PLAN

...now more than ever!

1. Ice water (never hot water...not even in winter)

2. Mentholated shave cream (I use C.O. Bigelow or Proraso)

3. An invigorating post-shave splash with Osage Rub or Alcolado Glacial

That's brisk, baby!
Link Posted: 9/15/2019 8:52:47 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm down with the Proraso and Osage!
Link Posted: 9/15/2019 9:40:56 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/18/2019 9:02:44 AM EDT
[#3]
I didn't realize cold water shaving was a thing....I gave it a whirl over the past couple days with cold tap water.   It requires a different razor/blade combo for me, but it's not bad!
Link Posted: 9/20/2019 1:46:50 PM EDT
[#4]
I am cursed with overly sensitive skin combined with a sparse but coarse beard that has no specific "grain" in any square inch along with whiskers that seem to grow out nearly parallel to the skin.

A face map (if you're familiar with that) looks like abstract art.

I cannot grow facial hair worth shit and I cannot stand to go unshaven for more than a week.

For me cold water shaving is the answer. Too bad it took me 30 years to discover this (that and using classic wet shaving tools).
Link Posted: 9/20/2019 1:47:59 PM EDT
[#5]
And in the morning (especially in winter) it really wakes you up!
Link Posted: 9/20/2019 1:50:06 PM EDT
[#6]
76F here in SC right now

I'm with you on the multi-directional facial hair. The only thing that grows in one direction is on my top lip or sideburns.
Link Posted: 9/20/2019 8:31:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Our AC died and installation is three weeks out so you bet your ass I’ll be doing cold water shaving exclusively for the foreseeable future.
Link Posted: 11/22/2019 3:08:33 AM EDT
[#8]
I’m down for cold water shaving, year round, thanks to someone on this forum. Maybe it was OP.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top