Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/21/2018 12:22:05 PM EDT
After searching the interwebs and getting mixed reviews on multiple styles of recipes it finally dawned on me to ask the brain trust.  What are your proven Indian Korma and Butter chix recipes you are cooking?
Thanks
'37yankee
Link Posted: 4/21/2018 11:17:18 PM EDT
[#1]
There is a good youtube video with a great Makhani (Buttered Chicken) recipe.

I learned from a local indian restaurant that makes killer grub, to add about 1/4cup Evaporated milk, along with cream at the end.

I also make homemade Naan using Rhoads frozen rolls, and a cast iron pan on high heat. Just thaw, roll flat, and toss a few mins per side. Using high heat, and a little butter. I sometimes pre melt the butter, with chopped fresh garlic.

In a hurry you can use the sauce in jars, just add a touch of evap milk, and cream at the end.
Link Posted: 4/22/2018 9:32:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Chicken Korma Recipe - By VahChef @ VahRehVah.com
Link Posted: 6/10/2018 7:31:03 PM EDT
[#4]
In the past I have done the sauces in a jar and they had been good but I have been looking for something more.  I ordered 2 cook books off of Amazon - Indian instant pot cookbook by Urvashi Pitre and Madhur Jaffrey's Quick and easy Indian cooking.

In the Instant pot I have done a butter chicken and a Punjabi chicken and they have been excellent and the book is straightforward and easy to follow, I'm just cutting the salt by half.

I haven't worked out of the other book but it also looks straightforward with different recipes than the Ipot book.  At this point I would recommend both if you are interested in Indian cooking.

thanks for all of your feedback
'37yankee
Link Posted: 6/20/2018 12:22:18 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
In the past I have done the sauces in a jar and they had been good but I have been looking for something more.  I ordered 2 cook books off of Amazon - Indian instant pot cookbook by Urvashi Pitre and Madhur Jaffrey's Quick and easy Indian cooking.

In the Instant pot I have done a butter chicken and a Punjabi chicken and they have been excellent and the book is straightforward and easy to follow, I'm just cutting the salt by half.

I haven't worked out of the other book but it also looks straightforward with different recipes than the Ipot book.  At this point I would recommend both if you are interested in Indian cooking.

thanks for all of your feedback
'37yankee
View Quote
I also have the same Indian Instant Pot recipe book. So far I've made butter chicken and chicken tikka masala. Incredible how fast and easy they are.
Link Posted: 11/23/2018 6:47:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
After searching the interwebs and getting mixed reviews on multiple styles of recipes it finally dawned on me to ask the brain trust.  What are your proven Indian Korma and Butter chix recipes you are cooking?
Thanks
'37yankee
View Quote
Ever since I got my Cooks Essentials IP I have noticed that Indians LOVE the Instant Pot, and there are many YouTube vids and recipes online. I've made delicious chicken tikka masala and butter chicken in mine. Oh, man were they good!

I just browsed Google until I found one that sounded good and made it.
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 12:30:06 AM EDT
[#7]
Love butter chicken.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top