Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/31/2020 10:49:32 PM EDT
Edward Avila, who started this site many yrs ago, passed away today  following a long fight with Cancer.

Please pray for his family

For clarification, this was Edward (son), not Edward Sr.

edit- https://www.ar15.com/forums/General/-ARFCOM-Founder-Edward-Avila-Passed-Away-Today/5-2312718/
Link Posted: 3/31/2020 10:55:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Condolences to his family.  May he rest in peace.
Link Posted: 3/31/2020 11:09:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Thank you. Praying for the family.
Link Posted: 3/31/2020 11:36:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Very, very sad news.

Condolences and prayers.

JPK
Link Posted: 3/31/2020 11:56:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Prayers......RIP
Link Posted: 4/1/2020 12:42:22 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 4/1/2020 1:15:53 AM EDT
[#6]
Death is nothing at all. It does not count. I have only slipped away into the next room. Nothing has happened. Everything remains exactly as it was. I am I, and you are you, and the old life that we lived so fondly together is untouched, unchanged. Whatever we were to each other, that we are still. Call me by the old familiar name. Speak of me in the easy way which you always used. Put no difference into your tone. Wear no forced air of solemnity or sorrow. Laugh as we always laughed at the little jokes that we enjoyed together. Play, smile, think of me, pray for me. Let my name be ever the household word that it always was. Let it be spoken without an effort, without the ghost of a shadow upon it. Life means all that it ever meant. It is the same as it ever was. There is absolute and unbroken continuity. What is this death but a negligible accident? Why should I be out of mind because I am out of sight? I am but waiting for you, for an interval, somewhere very near, just round the corner. All is well. Nothing is hurt; nothing is lost. One brief moment and all will be as it was before. How we shall laugh at the trouble of parting when we meet again!
Link Posted: 4/1/2020 2:04:35 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Prayers......RIP
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/1/2020 6:47:44 AM EDT
[#8]
Godspeed Ed. Deepest condolences and prayers for the fmaily

Link Posted: 4/1/2020 7:17:16 AM EDT
[#9]
Sad to hear. My condolences to the family.
Link Posted: 4/1/2020 9:05:12 AM EDT
[#10]
I ventured. I haven't been able to get to team very much to track his cancer.
He was always kind and an extreme gentleman.
His family remains in my prayers.  What a huge loss.

Link Posted: 4/1/2020 1:24:54 PM EDT
[#11]
I had been on and off paying attention and was just going back today to check on the progress.

It is sad news but not unexpected news.

Link Posted: 4/10/2020 9:52:04 PM EDT
[#12]

Rest in peace.

Cancer is horrible.

Prayers for his family.
Link Posted: 4/12/2020 4:19:53 PM EDT
[#13]
Eternal rest grant unto him, O Lord.  And let perpetual light shine upon him.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top