Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 6:47:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Does the dog need to go through the core, or can it cut a line like a chord through the mantle?
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 6:57:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Inconel and asbestos. It'll be a one way trip for the poor pupper.
View Quote
That's a long walk for dinner.
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 7:02:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Does the dog need to go through the core, or can it cut a line like a chord through the mantle?
View Quote
The mission requirement is that the dog dig to China.  I think that not going through the core isn't really faithful to the mission intent, even if it might be technically okay.
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 7:05:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Dolomite should work
View Quote
The hard black rock, that won't cop out, when there's heat all about!
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 7:08:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Depending on start and end point, might it be possible to make it straight from the US to China without passing through the center? Practically speaking, how far off center would doggo have to be to provide thermal benefit?
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 7:08:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Doesn't carbon conduct heat?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Tantalum carbide and woven carbon nanotubes.  
Doesn't carbon conduct heat?
yep
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 7:13:02 PM EDT
[#7]
How dare you.
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 7:13:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Basically a handwavium force field.
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 9:00:28 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
C'mon dude it says it right in the thread title.  This is important.

What if we got Yeti to make segmented power armor where each segment was a self contained Inconel vacuum tumbler.  That would keep super doggo cool even at 9800F for 3 to 5 days.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
WAIT...we were being serious?

and yes I think nanotubes are an excellent conductor...but they are thought to act in the lungs similar to asbestos...little pointy needles that are biologically inert so they stay in there forever...poking holes in places you don't want holes.
C'mon dude it says it right in the thread title.  This is important.

What if we got Yeti to make segmented power armor where each segment was a self contained Inconel vacuum tumbler.  That would keep super doggo cool even at 9800F for 3 to 5 days.
Important, like serious, like Sirius the DOG STAR!
If our furry fido friend survives this trip, OP will be asking for help with warp drive technology for the next!
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 9:07:30 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
We can wait to eject the shit until we are actually in China.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I still haven't seen an answer to the dog shit ejection problem.
We can wait to eject the shit until we are actually in China.
Not a problem, put in a few rubber tree leaves for pup to chew, the heat will vulcanize it into real rubber dog shit.  Shipping the genuine article (not fake rubber dog shit) to China instead of receiving fakes from there is like dividing by zero and will create a warp in the space time continuum and vastly aid pooch's progress in all his journeys.
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 9:09:34 PM EDT
[#11]
Super Duplex Stainless 2507
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 9:12:36 PM EDT
[#12]
Does it have to be a GSD?  My Great Dane decided to shit in my bedroom this morning that I stepped in. I volunteer him for this mission.
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 9:15:08 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Does it have to be a GSD?  My Great Dane decided to shit in my bedroom this morning that I stepped in. I volunteer him for this mission.
View Quote
Suit only comes in medium
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 9:15:18 PM EDT
[#14]
Chinesium or Indiaminum are both poor choices.
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 9:18:34 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Damn it. Nothing medium about him. Last time on the scale 207lbs.
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 9:34:25 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Damn it. Nothing medium about him. Last time on the scale 207lbs.
View Quote
He's also just a regular dog.  The specs for this mission call for a genetically-altered super dog with enough intelligence to operate the systems.
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 9:36:58 PM EDT
[#17]
Diamonds.
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 9:42:46 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

He's also just a regular dog.  The specs for this mission call for a genetically-altered super dog with enough intelligence to operate the systems.
View Quote
can he be a genetically superior super smart wiener dog?   I feel like that general plan form lends itself to deep penetration in holes...plus cylinders are easier to make
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 9:43:41 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
If you needed to build a powered-armor type suit that a genetically-modified German Shepherd Dog could operate to dig a hole straight through the Earth, exiting in China, what type of heat and pressure resistant material would be best for the external exoskeleton?

This is a serious question and time sensitive.
View Quote
I request scope clarification.

What is the maximum temperature the modified dog can handle?

What is the maximum pressure the modified dog can handle?

How much weight can the modified dog carry?

Does the dog have to dig on his own power or can the suit assist? Are only "digging motions" allowed or can the suit utilize drilling or other methods?

Can the suit fully encapsulate the dog or does the dog have to be exposed to some degree?

Working up some initial sketches.

Link Posted: 10/16/2019 9:48:00 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Does the dog have to dig on his own power or can the suit assist? Are only "digging motions" allowed or can the suit utilize drilling or other methods?

Can the suit fully encapsulate the dog or does the dog have to be exposed to some degree?

https://i1.pngguru.com/preview/733/836/976/rick-and-morty-hq-resource-white-dog-piloting-grey-robot-exoskeleton-with-guns-illustration-png-clipart-thumbnail.jpg
View Quote
where are my testicles summer?

Link Posted: 10/16/2019 9:54:11 PM EDT
[#21]
Hi temp duct tape and a couple Slim Jims
Link Posted: 10/17/2019 12:17:11 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

https://i1.pngguru.com/preview/733/836/976/rick-and-morty-hq-resource-white-dog-piloting-grey-robot-exoskeleton-with-guns-illustration-png-clipart-thumbnail.jpg
View Quote
200 F at 1 atmosphere
4 atmospheres
All of it
Suit is powered and....caninepomorphic?  This is the only acceptable form factor from my research in Japanese animated documentaries.  It can however join with other suits to form a really big anthropomorphic robot werewolf thing.  With a sword that doubles as a harmonic resonance weapon which also may be useful for digging.
Encapsulation is the only way doggo will survive.
Link Posted: 10/17/2019 8:21:34 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote
The dog is certainly encapsulated.  The suit will certainly offer power-assisted digging motion.  Drilling is certainly out, a dog drilling to China would just be silly.

The genetic modification program for the dog will focus on intelligence and ability to interface the paws with the control switchology.  Temperature resistance should be typical of existing mammals, although shaving the dog is a possibility, and no one here so far seems to be considering a cooling system for the suit, in addition to heat resistant properties.  Maybe the "dog tail" portion of the suit can function as a heat sink and shed heat-bearing "hairs" behind the dog.
Link Posted: 10/17/2019 12:09:22 PM EDT
[#24]
so...a shaved wiener....dog?

or a doge... with dogerhosen?

or a corgi that was obviously engineered with the whitcomb area rule for supersonic flight in mind

these all look like viable options for enhanced doggo cooling applications..

I might look at pure grain alcohol as a cooling medium...this is definitely a "hold my beer" build.
Link Posted: 10/17/2019 12:13:03 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I can't believe this serious issue hasn't gotten more response.  It's up to us to keep this goodest boi safe
View Quote
Indeed.  Inventor should try it out before consigning our Goodest to such a mission.

Pup Lives Matter.
Link Posted: 10/17/2019 12:32:08 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I still haven't seen an answer to the dog shit ejection problem.
View Quote
Small side tunnel to India
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top