Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 1/20/2021 11:44:36 AM EDT
I was thinking about this last night regarding a future AWB. Assuming one is passed how would that impact high volume / lower margin suppliers like PSA? Especially if they limit online sales like they want. Would people still want to buy neutered AR15 kits in the same volume? I don't see how they could survive long term. Hopefully they have plans in place to adapt and survive.

Thoughts?
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 11:49:29 AM EDT
[#1]
Well for starters it there was an AWB they wouldnt be able to sell anything.

Bc they arent going to let you have anything this time.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 11:51:02 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote
  Yep, they learned from 94.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 11:52:19 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View Quote

Curious on how they would legislate away parts? Right now the lower is the Firearm and the rest is just steel. Even if they banned "kits" it would be hard to ban replacement parts?
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 11:52:21 AM EDT
[#4]
The better questions is what impact an AWB will have on the states. Will red states just ignore federal guidelines like CA flouted immigration law?
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 11:53:22 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
The better questions is what impact an AWB will have on the states. Will red states just ignore federal guidelines like CA flouted immigration law?
View Quote

Few men have virtue to withstand the threat of loss of highway funding
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 11:53:55 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

No. They will enforce them.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 11:54:01 AM EDT
[#7]
trying to stay optimistic. remember that the ruling class don't really want to permanently solve a problem.
I believe, I want to believe, that we will see gun show private transfers banned, over reaching background checks, and limits on amounts of guns and ammo that can be purchased.  I think the outright ban will come when they are bold enough to confiscate EVERYTHING
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 11:54:31 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Curious on how they would legislate away parts? Right now the lower is the Firearm and the rest is just steel. Even if they banned "kits" it would be hard to ban replacement parts?
View Quote

"You cant sell that anymore of you will go to jail."
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 11:55:13 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

Exactly. Only a few states could withstand the loss of funding and im sure public outcry would be crazy if they did.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 11:55:52 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

I'm really sick of this bullshit. They can't do a fucking thing if we don't let them. It's up to us - not them.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 11:56:38 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

"You cant sell that anymore of you will go to jail."
View Quote

Normally I would put my faith that lawsuits would end up in the conservative supreme court...but not so sure on that outcome anymore.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 11:57:14 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I'm really sick of this bullshit. They can't do a fucking thing if we don't let them. It's up to us - not them.
View Quote

They stole an election and apparently we all knew and just let it happen.

Not sure "us" has much power anymore.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 11:57:54 AM EDT
[#13]
PSA starts making bolt and lever guns, maybe SA .22s.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 11:57:59 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

Easy , they'll just add replacement parts to their bill.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 11:58:07 AM EDT
[#15]
Remember PSA bought the H&R name and has hinted at making M1s. No AWB is going to touch that, and thet could make a smaller 5.56 version too.

There's always a loophole, since straight up banning all semi-auto rifles, including fixed mag ones isn't politically doable with the razor thin margins the democrats have.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 11:58:50 AM EDT
[#16]
1. Manufacturers and retailers that focus on firearms and accessories that are banned will either try to change their inventory to other things which people don't want as much. This will drive them out of business.
2. Manufacturers and retailers that focus on firearms and accessories that are banned will just go out of business because they know that what they currently provide is what the customers come to them for.

Either way the result is the same.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 11:59:29 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Easy , they'll just add replacement parts to their bill.
View Quote

I can't see that holding up in the SC even with what little faith I have in them.

I am SURE they will go full retard on the outset knowing full well they will back peddle to get to where they really want while looking reasonable for "concessions" they made.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 12:01:52 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
1. Manufacturers and retailers that focus on firearms and accessories that are banned will either try to change their inventory to other things which people don't want as much. This will drive them out of business.
2. Manufacturers and retailers that focus on firearms and accessories that are banned will just go out of business because they know that what they currently provide is what the customers come to them for.

Either way the result is the same.
View Quote

That's my fear with all this. Companies, like PSA, sprouted up post AWB and grew like crazy up until now. Now I don't see how the market can sustain them.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 12:02:54 PM EDT
[#19]
I am confident that PSA could adapt. They cornered the market on cheap AR15s and even decent American made AKs along with some innovative new products (9mm AKs) that weren't just cheap copies of existing items. I am sure they would come up with something to sell.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 12:03:22 PM EDT
[#20]
The future of the gun industry lies in Fuddville.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 12:03:43 PM EDT
[#21]
I would hope PSA would fight any legislation since one of their owners is a Congressman's son.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 12:04:37 PM EDT
[#22]
Parts sales would continue unless banned too.

Our only hope it to tie them up in litigation and flip the house and senate in 2 years. With the NRA still stepping on its dick it is going to be harder.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 12:04:43 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I am confident that PSA could adapt. They cornered the market on cheap AR15s and even decent American made AKs along with some innovative new products (9mm AKs) that weren't just cheap copies of existing items. I am sure they would come up with something to sell.
View Quote

Of all the companies I think PSA has the best chance of surviving even if its a much smaller version of themselves. Not sure how companies like Spikes Tactical, Noveske, BCM etc. will fair in the storm.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 12:04:59 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote
After the gun is banned and illegal to even own, there will be no reason to sell parts for it.  The guys who bought 100 stripped lowers are fucked.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 12:05:50 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
The future of the gun industry lies in Fuddville.
View Quote

d0n'T T0uCh Muh HuNTin' RiFle S0nNy!
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 12:07:01 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
....has hinted at making M1s. No AWB is going to touch that...

....since straight up banning all semi-auto rifles, including fixed mag ones isn't politically doable...
View Quote

They’re going for everything this time, remember we’re domestic terrorists now.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 12:07:16 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Knowing and proving are two different things. The GOP should be working on state level election reform to include voter ID.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 12:08:45 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
After the gun is banned and illegal to even own, there will be no reason to sell parts for it.  The guys who bought 100 stripped lowers are fucked.
View Quote

Im somewhat optimistic a full ban is not feasible given previous SC rulings and current make up of SC. That COULD change at any moment but for now I think we will end up with a "grandfather" clause. They will pitch it as a concession but after you die they must be turned in, no passing down.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 12:10:17 PM EDT
[#29]
No need to worry, the cops don't support an AWB and won't enforce it
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 12:10:19 PM EDT
[#30]
An assault weapons ban is definitely going to happen. It's a way of criminalizing an entire political party. That's the plan.
This is late stage empire stuff.

What people in your family don't realize (or maybe they do) is that when they vote for a Democrat they're literally voting to make you a felon and destroy your entire life because people in the Republican party and gun owners believe deeply in their right to keep and bear arms. It is part of our identity. Literally part of who we are.

They are monsters.
The only analogy I can think of for "our side" would be if the Republican Party wanted to make being gay illegal, Levy a $50,000 fine and 10 years in prison.

If your nephew or son was a gay man Would you vote Republican so if he got caught fucking his boyfriend his life would be destroyed?

I sure as Fuck wouldn't.
This is the difference between you and your shitty family members. People who say things like " politics should never split up families" should refer to history.

Link Posted: 1/20/2021 12:11:05 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
The future of the gun industry lies in Fuddville. resistance
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/20/2021 12:11:20 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Im somewhat optimistic a full ban is not feasible given previous SC rulings and current make up of SC. That COULD change at any moment but for now I think we will end up with a "grandfather" clause. They will pitch it as a concession but after you die they must be turned in, no passing down.
View Quote

They will make you register your "assault weapons" for free in the best case scenario and then pull a Canada/New Zealand in a couple years when some looney shit slurper inevitably goes on a rampage with one.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 12:12:08 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

There's always a loophole, since straight up banning all semi-auto rifles, including fixed mag ones isn't politically doable with the razor thin margins the democrats have.
View Quote

You're trusting them?
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 12:12:10 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote

I like your answer better than mine.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 12:12:27 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote

As red as Oklahoma is, even our rino fuck fuck government officials will bend knee for highway funds.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 12:14:14 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

They will make you register your "assault weapons" for free in the best case scenario and then pull a Canada/New Zealand in a couple years when some looney shit slurper inevitably goes on a rampage with one.
View Quote

Touche...

Link Posted: 1/20/2021 12:15:55 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

There will be no grandfathering this time around.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 12:17:05 PM EDT
[#38]
It’s the states we need to be concerned with.  California and New York banned everything.  So will most or all blue states shortly.

Remember, They President Now.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 12:20:52 PM EDT
[#39]
One thing to keep in mind is Illinois. I live in Illinois. Downstate. They've been talking an AWB every year since forever. Democrat uber majority for decades. Cook county has one, but the rest of us don't, and this is a state that the lunatic fringe left has tied up lock stock and barrel
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 12:24:01 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

You're trusting them?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You're trusting them?
Explain to me how it is more dire now than in 2009 or 2013.  The democrats don't have the political capital to do an all inclusive massive ban and do anything else.  They simply don't have the votes.

Link Posted: 1/20/2021 12:27:36 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Explain to me how it is more dire now than in 2009 or 2013.  The democrats don't have the political capital to do an all inclusive massive ban and do anything else.  They simply don't have the votes.

View Quote

I wouldn't be so sure. The House and Senate chairs have been deep cleaned to get the piss smell out from Jan 6 and Lawmakers are all too eager to disarm the public now.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 12:37:05 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Knowing and proving are two different things. The GOP should be working on state level election reform to include voter ID.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

True, but we still have the same result.  
Unless the right starts cheating(better than the left) and finds a pool of illegals to get votes from we will never see Voter IDs.

I am all for voter ID, I can not see a Single legit reason not to require voter ID.  

However, I think it will always be shrouded in racism, and Voter Suppression and muh disenfranchisement ....
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 12:39:53 PM EDT
[#43]
There is not going to be a AWB.   Obama had 8 years and was not able to pass one after Sandy Hook. It failed in the Senate 40-60.  Since then there are prob 10-20 million guys with back rifles that did not have them pre-Sandy Hook.    Biden wants to get his agenda passed for the next 4 years.
Going after guns in the next two years and risk flipping the house and senate? no going to happen.  We just have to hope we get at least the Senate back in two years.

8nBAIT
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 12:46:02 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
There is not going to be a AWB.   Obama had 8 years and was not able to pass one after Sandy Hook. It failed in the Senate 40-60.  Since then there are prob 10-20 million guys with back rifles that did not have them pre-Sandy Hook.    Biden wants to get his agenda passed for the next 4 years.
Going after guns in the next two years and risk flipping the house and senate? no going to happen.  We just have to hope we get at least the Senate back in two years.

8nBAIT
View Quote

I disagree.  I think this administration is going to be far more aggressive and liberal than zero was.    I hope I'm wrong, but I expect them to push early and hard for anti gun laws.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 12:46:53 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

8nBAIT
View Quote

I tend to agree. There is zero chance of an AWB happening as long as the filibuster is preserved. And I don't think they have the votes even without the filibuster.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 12:50:15 PM EDT
[#46]
The industry needs to get it's head out of it's ass and stop selling to people (.gov) that are actively trying to put them out of business. These agencies and PDs aren't building/manufacturing their own guns, ammo and gear.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 12:57:24 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

As red as Oklahoma is, even our rino fuck fuck government officials will bend knee for highway funds.
View Quote

@MajorPayne

Bend THE knee???

No, you have it all wrong. They will be on BOTH knees groveling
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 12:58:16 PM EDT
[#48]
The whole it's up to us I will not comply it's not their choice crowd are absolutely delusional. We have always been at the mercy of the government. Very few honest working men with a family are willing to become felons over night.

Any thoughts of the Supreme Court coming to our defense are absurd. They are complicit in the fall of our country and I look at them no different than a politician.

The left most definitely learned from the past. No loophole no work around any decent semi auto rifle capable of defense will soon be outlawed. So if you can't legally own the rifle then part aren't legal either.

The things that happened on the 6th convinced me our country doesn't have the willingness to completely rid our country of vermin.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 1:04:05 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote

Jersey barriers at the border. No highway funds, no highway use.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 1:09:48 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
The industry needs to get it's head out of it's ass and stop selling to people (.gov) that are actively trying to put them out of business. These agencies and PDs aren't building/manufacturing their own guns, ammo and gear.
View Quote
1. I doubt PDs are buying PSA rifles.

2. Guns are simple to make.  If the government wants them, they'll get them made somewhere.  They might not be able to get exactly what they want, but they'll get guns. They used to just build their own anyway.

3. Ammo is no problem, how many government owned ammo plants were there in WW2.

4. Barrett did sort of do what you suggest.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top