Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 1/16/2021 1:25:53 PM EDT
We do this yet?

https://www.thecentersquare.com/illinois/illinois-house-passes-sweeping-police-reform-bill/article_6f4b2d40-55cc-11eb-bd26-d73cef0b493b.html

Our corpulent governor will almost certainly sign it. A 600 plus page bill passed in the middle of the night of course. May as well have called it the Criminal Protection Act.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 1:27:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Cool.

Can we defund the FBI too?
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 1:28:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 1:29:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Didn't see anything about defunding.

Also, this part at least sounds good, "strip collective bargaining rights relating to discipline from police unions"
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 1:29:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Burn baby burn
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 1:30:18 PM EDT
[#5]
One major problem that Democrats have, is that they never ask the all important question:  "If I do this...  what happens next"?  

They are going to find themselves in trouble - very shortly.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 1:31:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Don't agree with the changes, but they brought some of this shit down on themselves.

Link Posted: 1/16/2021 1:31:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
How does it "defund?"
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
House Bill 3653, which passed by a 60-50 vote, will change use-of-force guidelines, require body cameras for every police department in the state, end cash bail, and strip collective bargaining rights relating to discipline from police unions. The Senate passed the bill in the early morning hours of Wednesday by a 32-23 vote.
How does it "defund?"

Any department that fails to comply with any of the draconian measures in this bill get their state funding yanked.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 1:32:06 PM EDT
[#8]
We commander in chief now
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 1:32:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
How does it "defund?"
View Quote
"The legislation also will allow officers to be punished or fired based on anonymous complaints from the public and defunds any department that does not comply 100% with the requirements."
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 1:34:26 PM EDT
[#10]
Change of use of force guidelines would be nice to see more training and less shooting unarmed people.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 1:34:35 PM EDT
[#11]
So, anonymous, unsworn, unsigned complaints can get cops fired.  Police departments will be flooded with bogus complaints.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 1:34:35 PM EDT
[#12]
Ha, Ha, Ha , Think Chicago is bad now just wait! If will be a true third world country The criminals now own the stret.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 1:35:22 PM EDT
[#13]
Just from what little I have heard on the talk radio shows, it strips the qualified immunity away from police too.

And then they must have forgot to put in this bill, to take the police out of schools. So they just filed another....
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 1:36:29 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Don't agree with the changes, but they brought some of this shit down on themselves.

View Quote

Oh I absolutely agree. Nothing good will come of this bill but they've been pissing off the general public for years and just recently started making enemies among the middle class by enforcing shutdowns among other BS so this was inevitable.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 1:37:38 PM EDT
[#15]
Bail is the only problem I got with it. I wish they kept the end of qualified immunity part.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 1:37:43 PM EDT
[#16]
I’m really surprised the no cash bail wasn’t only for a certain demographic on the guise of and issued as “lower income earners and Covid relief” and I’m not kidding.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 1:37:53 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Just from what little I have heard on the talk radio shows, it strips the qualified immunity away from police too.

And then they must have forgot to put in this bill, to take the police out of schools. So they just filed another....
View Quote

It started off as HB 163 which went even further and included the part you mentioned. The bill that passed was the watered down version.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 1:39:02 PM EDT
[#18]
Should of put no knock warrants in there
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 1:41:22 PM EDT
[#19]
I read the bill. I would hate to be a cop in Illinois.

That said, the libertarian in me really likes a lot of the provisions in it.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 1:42:43 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
One major problem that Democrats have, is that they never ask the all important question:  "If I do this...  what happens next"?  
They are going to find themselves in trouble - very shortly.
View Quote

Like de Blasio in NYC who backtracked on his big defunding plan after a whole two months.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 1:43:41 PM EDT
[#21]
If "it" kicked off right now, it would be the cops and Antifa against the normal people. Anything that takes the teeth out of the police, right now is a good thing
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 1:43:48 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 1:43:51 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote

What he said.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 1:44:15 PM EDT
[#24]
I don't see why anybody would want a career in LE ever again.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 1:48:35 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
So, anonymous, unsworn, unsigned complaints can get cops fired.  Police departments will be flooded with bogus complaints.
View Quote

...and resignations and early retirements, followed by lots of vacant positions.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 1:49:40 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
If "it" kicked off right now, it would be the cops and Antifa against the normal people. Anything that takes the teeth out of the police, right now is a good thing
View Quote

If it ever kicked off none of these new laws would matter.

This is one step closer to the state, and eventually the fed running policing across the board in this country.

Edit: and your assumption is borderline retarded
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 1:50:31 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
We do this yet?

https://www.thecentersquare.com/illinois/illinois-house-passes-sweeping-police-reform-bill/article_6f4b2d40-55cc-11eb-bd26-d73cef0b493b.html

Our corpulent governor will almost certainly sign it. A 600 plus page bill passed in the middle of the night of course. May as well have called it the Criminal Protection Act.
View Quote

Good.

Defund ALL the police and get rid of them all.

I think we on the right are looking at this entirely incorrectly. Without the police to enforce liberal diktat, the laws are laughably toothless. Go ahead and defund every police department across the nation entirely and fire every fucking cop. Then go ahead and ban guns.

Consider: Speed Limits. If there were no police, would ANYONE go even remotely close to the speed limit? (Outside areas like on an icy curve, etc)

The sooner we realize collectively that the Police are absolutely, 100%, not on our side in the slightest bit, the better off we are.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 1:50:43 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

Hopefully they just sit at the station until they're called instead of going around looking for stuff to get involved with. Firefighters don't run around looking for fires if they're not on a call.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 1:51:00 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

...and resignations and early retirements, followed by lots of vacant positions.
View Quote

Then the crime wave
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 1:51:04 PM EDT
[#30]
Their bed.  They can sleep in it.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 1:52:44 PM EDT
[#31]
Take a long hard look at that picture

Link Posted: 1/16/2021 1:54:14 PM EDT
[#32]
The legislation also will allow officers to be punished or fired based on anonymous complaints from the public and defunds any department that does not comply 100% with the requirements.
View Quote

Lol, awesome.  

The next 4 years are gonna be hilarious.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 1:55:47 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote

They don’t.  There are not enough qualified applicants to fill an academy anywhere.

Get ready for another round of ‘70/80’s level urban decay and sky rocketing crime rates.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 1:57:41 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

They don’t.  There are not enough qualified applicants to fill an academy anywhere.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It depends on how you define "qualified".
NYC just hired 900 new cops in November and are hiring another 900 in the next couple of months.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 1:59:40 PM EDT
[#35]
I would fire everyone at the FBI if I could.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 2:00:58 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Good.

I think we on the right are looking at this entirely incorrectly. Without the police to enforce liberal diktat, the laws are laughably toothless. Go ahead and defund every police department across the nation entirely and fire every fucking cop. Then go ahead and ban guns.

Consider: Speed Limits. If there were no police, would ANYONE go even remotely close to the speed limit? (Outside areas like on an icy curve, etc)

The sooner we realize collectively that the Police are absolutely, 100%, not on our side in the slightest bit, the better off we are.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
We do this yet?

Good.

So you'd rather have the fed running law enforcement entirely in this country?  Because only a fool can't see this for what it is, and that is the end result in all of this.

Sounds like a brilliant plan...  everything you and I actually want cops to be focused on will be completely ignored and everything we don't want them to do will be their primary focus.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 2:02:45 PM EDT
[#37]
The funny part that people don't seem to realize is that if politicians can fix the problem, that means politicians caused the problem to begin with. Plus since democrats run IL, that means democrats caused the problem.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 2:03:24 PM EDT
[#38]
This is what IL wants, this is what IL gets.

I hope the fucksticks do it here in VA. Do it all. It's the city folks that will suffer first and they asked for it.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 2:04:32 PM EDT
[#39]
Unless white people (supremist) are involved and  the governmant will spare no expense.

Look at what just happened in DC
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 2:04:52 PM EDT
[#40]
Just what we need, more lefty’s from Shitcago! I may have to consider relocating??
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 2:05:02 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Hopefully they just sit at the station until they're called instead of going around looking for stuff to get involved with. Firefighters don't run around looking for fires if they're not on a call.
View Quote

Some places lack of productivity is grounds for good bye.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 2:05:25 PM EDT
[#42]
Armed Robbery sexual assault and and murder will explode, Who gives a shit if you cap someone for shorting you on your change ? No one will look for the suspect, gather evidence or fucking care! It's all fun and games until its your mother, daughter or you.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 2:06:04 PM EDT
[#43]
They are well aware of what is going to result from what they are doing. All part of the plan.

Create the problem, run on the problem, use the problem to grab more power and money. Wash, rinse, repeat.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 2:06:57 PM EDT
[#44]
Good, now defund the entire government.

Link Posted: 1/16/2021 2:08:35 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

NYC just hired 900 new cops in November and are hiring another 900 in the next couple of months.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lately “qualified” seems to be no Felony convictions and a pulse.

Remember how well lowering standards worked out before?  Nothing like hiring gang members to be cops to make things better!
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 2:08:36 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
This is what IL wants, this is what IL gets.

I hope the fucksticks do it here in VA. Do it all. It's the city folks that will suffer first and they asked for it.
View Quote

But I'm not sure they do.  IL like several states is hostage to the big cities.  Chicago in their case.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 2:11:22 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wonder how many of those 900 are "they people".
My guess is most if not all.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 2:13:58 PM EDT
[#48]
Wonder if the "other hand" move post defund the police is a massive increase in the 3 letter govt agencies?

Fewer cops to enforce fewer street level crimes, a metric butload of new fedbois to go after tax, gun, white collar and "white supremacy" stuff?

Seems like a great combo move for anarcho-tyranny.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 2:13:59 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
How does it "defund?"
View All Quotes
Quoted:
House Bill 3653, which passed by a 60-50 vote, will change use-of-force guidelines, require body cameras for every police department in the state, end cash bail, and strip collective bargaining rights relating to discipline from police unions. The Senate passed the bill in the early morning hours of Wednesday by a 32-23 vote.
How does it "defund?"

Only liberals and quislings read.

Which one are you?
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 2:16:35 PM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top