Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 73
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 5:38:09 PM EDT
[#1]
I’m not a religious person, but if you are, pray for me.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 8:05:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By doty_soty:
View Quote

Send me a pm if you need to chat. I'll give you my number.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 8:37:48 PM EDT
[#3]
If anyone needs to chat, I have been through quite alot lately and can help,  send me a message!
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 8:54:27 PM EDT
[#4]
View Quote

Feel free to kick me a message.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 11:59:18 PM EDT
[#5]
View Quote

I'm not religious either, but I do pray. Open your heart and read about the life of Jesus. Good things might happen.

Link Posted: 1/14/2021 11:56:34 PM EDT
[#6]
I have been reading through this thread again and I want to say thank everyone for the inspiration to keep going.

I have had a bad day. This thread helped a little.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 12:02:17 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By wtfboombrb:

I'm not religious either, but I do pray. Open your heart and read about the life of Jesus. Good things might happen.

View Quote

I am not very religious either and have been praying any time I start feeling bad and it has helped greatly and something happened last weekend that I thought would never happen at least for a while. As soon as I got the news I knew that there is something real that is beyond this world. I have never felt that before. I hope I can stay with it and focus on that. It is very hard sometimes.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 9:40:08 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By USA1st:

I am not very religious either and have been praying any time I start feeling bad and it has helped greatly and something happened last weekend that I thought would never happen at least for a while. As soon as I got the news I knew that there is something real that is beyond this world. I have never felt that before. I hope I can stay with it and focus on that. It is very hard sometimes.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Reading the story of Jesus as told by Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John is a great way (along with prayer) to begin making a lifetime connection. He is the Truth and the Way and the Life. The only path to knowing God. The rest of the Bible starts making sense after getting to know Jesus a little bit.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 3:48:45 PM EDT
[#9]
The last two weeks have been very hard for my family.  1/3/2021 my best friend committed suicide.  He was going through a divorce with his wife who is also a very good friend of mine.  I introduced them to each other 8 years ago and they have three young girls (2/4/7).  The divorce was not final, and from what everyone could tell it was not going bad.  In fact he "planned" his suicide and shifted everything to his wife so that she would be taken care of.  The last 6 months he was living with us 2 out of every 3 days (his wife is a paramedic so he would go on during her shift to hang with this girls).  The girls where the center of his life for years and loved them greatly.

So myself and my wife and kids are in all sorts of phases right now...most times we are in the anger phase but we will in time go forward.  The widow and girls live about 45 seconds away and so we know that we will be even more in their life.  We already setup their own rooms here to help out but it is still hard to look at the girls and see my best friend.

Grandpa (my friend's father) lives in Washington so he will be here some times but COVID and all...  We plan to have the funeral at Camp Mabry, but now I hear it closed down due to possible civil unrest.  So we are trying to word out something else.  He as in the TXSG for 10 years like myself (I am out now, and in fact I was the one that pulled him into it lol).

We had zero signs before hand...but he did plan it for at least 2 weeks that we can see now looking back.  Right before he took care of himself he sent an email to his wife with every username and password in his entire life....that created a panic to find him...but we where too late.

Well I just had to get this off my chest and life does go on.  But now I tell most people I now have three more wonderful girls to raise since I know my friend Jason would want me to do this and he would do the same.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 4:51:38 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Fourman:
The last two weeks have been very hard for my family.  1/3/2021 my best friend committed suicide.  He was going through a divorce with his wife who is also a very good friend of mine.  I introduced them to each other 8 years ago and they have three young girls (2/4/7).  The divorce was not final, and from what everyone could tell it was not going bad.  In fact he "planned" his suicide and shifted everything to his wife so that she would be taken care of.  The last 6 months he was living with us 2 out of every 3 days (his wife is a paramedic so he would go on during her shift to hang with this girls).  The girls where the center of his life for years and loved them greatly.

So myself and my wife and kids are in all sorts of phases right now...most times we are in the anger phase but we will in time go forward.  The widow and girls live about 45 seconds away and so we know that we will be even more in their life.  We already setup their own rooms here to help out but it is still hard to look at the girls and see my best friend.

Grandpa (my friend's father) lives in Washington so he will be here some times but COVID and all...  We plan to have the funeral at Camp Mabry, but now I hear it closed down due to possible civil unrest.  So we are trying to word out something else.  He as in the TXSG for 10 years like myself (I am out now, and in fact I was the one that pulled him into it lol).

We had zero signs before hand...but he did plan it for at least 2 weeks that we can see now looking back.  Right before he took care of himself he sent an email to his wife with every username and password in his entire life....that created a panic to find him...but we where too late.

Well I just had to get this off my chest and life does go on.  But now I tell most people I now have three more wonderful girls to raise since I know my friend Jason would want me to do this and he would do the same.
View Quote

That's sad. Why were they getting a divorce?
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 10:46:55 PM EDT
[#11]
View Quote

I haven’t been but lately like Bill Burr am gravitating to so will do I’m in a similar boat so I’m sympatico Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 11:17:32 PM EDT
[#12]
14 months out from losing my wife and things are worse. This past week was pretty bad, definitely need to make an appointment to talk to someone. Very apprehensive about antidepressants though. Too many things to say and too hard to type all my thoughts out and have it all make sense.

Link Posted: 1/17/2021 11:42:46 PM EDT
[#13]

View All Quotes

Just not in love anymore from what I knew.  She is total wreck now that it happen.  My gut tells me he finally thought they would never be together and all....  very sad and very mad at my best friend these days.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 1:07:32 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Turnkey:
14 months out from losing my wife and things are worse. This past week was pretty bad, definitely need to make an appointment to talk to someone. Very apprehensive about antidepressants though. Too many things to say and too hard to type all my thoughts out and have it all make sense.

View Quote

Make an appointment asap. Antidepressants can be of great help, but call your doctor immediately if they start causing unwanted symptoms. Ask the doctor about counseling as well.

Type out whatever you want in here. You're in good company; most of the posters in this thread will understand and relate.

Link Posted: 1/18/2021 1:15:40 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By CarmelBytheSea:

I haven’t been but lately like Bill Burr am gravitating to so will do I’m in a similar boat so I’m sympatico https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/459941/77CF1B29-22E6-475D-B6DA-A7F35EB184B3_jpe-1784393.JPG
View All Quotes

I haven’t been but lately like Bill Burr am gravitating to so will do I’m in a similar boat so I’m sympatico https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/459941/77CF1B29-22E6-475D-B6DA-A7F35EB184B3_jpe-1784393.JPG

Personal life stuff, or having a hard time with what's going on in the world?
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 12:46:12 PM EDT
[#16]
Just not in love anymore from what I knew.  She is total wreck now that it happen.  My gut tells me he finally thought they would never be together and all....  very sad and very mad at my best friend these days.
View Quote

I am so sorry for this loss.

I am in the exact same situation as your friend was right now. I’m still holding out hope and I hope to never realize that it’s over forever. It may be the same for me but I am trying to take it day by day.

Again I am I sorry.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 1:59:56 PM EDT
[#17]
Some, if not many, people in this thread have been thrown away by someone, or by society. Others are victims of circumstance.

Bad things happen, but do not let circumstances rule your life, and don't let rejection define you. Love yourself and your neighbor. Be the shining light in this ever darkening world.

Every one of you is giving someone hope. Telling your stories and offering advice shows others they're not alone in their hardship and may even provide useful tools they can use in making their life a little smoother.

Link Posted: 1/18/2021 9:31:41 PM EDT
[#18]
Some, if not many, people in this thread have been thrown away by someone, or by society. Others are victims of circumstance.

Bad things happen, but do not let circumstances rule your life, and don't let rejection define you. Love yourself and your neighbor. Be the shining light in this ever darkening world.

Every one of you is giving someone hope. Telling your stories and offering advice shows others they're not alone in their hardship and may even provide useful tools they can use in making their life a little smoother.

View Quote

It’s hard if you are the creator of the circumstance. There are other factors but when it feels like you are completely to blame for the the bad things that are happening it’s very hard to deal with yourself.

I have never had a family doctor that I was a patient of. I called around and the soonest I could get in was March as a new patient and I didn’t think I would make it until then without some kind of help so I signed up for an online service called brightside and had my zoom consultation today. The doctor prescribed lexapro for depression and gabapentin for anxiety.
They sent the prescription to my local pharmacy and I picked it up today. The service is a little pricey but I don’t think I could have waited if this stuff really can help.

I have never taken any antidepressants or anxiety medicine so I am curious if anyone in this thread has taken these medications and if there is anything I should know.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 10:39:44 PM EDT
[#19]
Lost my kitty tonight. 17 years old.
I'll be okay. Still sucks to see. Understanding that it's blessing to have a pet stick around for that long.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 12:00:01 AM EDT
[#20]
Has anyone heard anything from @RevolverRO ?
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 1:40:37 AM EDT
[#21]

It’s hard if you are the creator of the circumstance. There are other factors but when it feels like you are completely to blame for the the bad things that are happening it’s very hard to deal with yourself.

I have never had a family doctor that I was a patient of. I called around and the soonest I could get in was March as a new patient and I didn’t think I would make it until then without some kind of help so I signed up for an online service called brightside and had my zoom consultation today. The doctor prescribed lexapro for depression and gabapentin for anxiety.
They sent the prescription to my local pharmacy and I picked it up today. The service is a little pricey but I don’t think I could have waited if this stuff really can help.

I have never taken any antidepressants or anxiety medicine so I am curious if anyone in this thread has taken these medications and if there is anything I should know.
View Quote

I have been prescribed gabapentin for extreme back pain with spasms. It was useless in that role. I also experienced no side effects. I have not taken lexapro.

I know something about creating your own problems. I was living life my way, thinking I was in charge, and in fact was on a spiral toward the bottom. I had no guidance, no goals, and no plan, but I did live by moral relativism. What a mess that was. Hitting bottom hurt. Had only one place left to turn.

I pray every day someone, somewhere, will learn from my mistakes, and redemption.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 1:41:36 AM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By gitarmac:
Has anyone heard anything from @RevolverRO ?
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/19/2021 1:46:52 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Anastasios] [#23]
Originally Posted By HALFNATTYGAINZ:
I'll be okay. Still sucks to see. Understanding that it's blessing to have a pet stick around for that long.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/418820/Screenshot_20210118-190906_png-1785985.JPG
View Quote

Losing a pet can be tough, especially when that pet has been the only one there for you when the going gets rough.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 2:40:47 AM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By HALFNATTYGAINZ:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/418820/Screenshot_20210118-190906_png-1785985.JPG
View Quote

@HALFNATTYGAINZ

Stay strong

I'm sorry

Link Posted: 1/19/2021 7:55:32 AM EDT
[#25]
The sense of impending doom due to recent political developments has really affected me. I feel less and less motivated to have much part in this world, and it makes me feel isolated, depressed, and afraid. What makes it worse is the perception that there’s not a damn thing I can do to stop what’s happening. I’m sure I’m not alone in feeling this way.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 10:00:49 AM EDT
[#26]

View Quote

Former, later only compounds it
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 10:51:11 AM EDT
[#27]
He posted on the 17th.

Check in, mate! Even if just to say "Grunt". 😁
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 11:23:27 AM EDT
[Last Edit: RevolverRO] [#28]
I haven’t really posted lately. My New Years resolution was to not cry. In 2020, there were literally two days where I didn’t break down sobbing—the first two days at my new job back in September. Third day of my new job, the ex texted as I drive home and asked how the new job was going. She was honestly just checking in, no drama or anything like that. I was happy, enthusiastic, really optimistic for the first time since she walked out. Telling her how much I lived my new job just felt like I was free of all the sadness and stress. When I got off the phone I paused then burst into tears, because I felt more alone in that moment then I’d felt all year. I’d had an awesome two days abs the only person I could even think to share it with was her.

So my New Years resolution was to not cry. Not for her. She isn’t worth a single tear.

New Years Day came and her little brother died. That gutted me and I broke down after she called with the news. I cried on January first and haven’t shed a tear since. Haven’t said more than a dozen words to her since then when I picked up the kids. I used to cry as I drove home from work each day. I’m not sure how but I manage to stay dry-eyed as I journey home. Came home Sunday morning really struggling. Just missed having someone to hold. I’ve been alone for a year. 2% of my life so far. I came home and stood in front of the mirror, wondering if I should take something, go to sleep and maybe never wake up again. I shook my head, took a Benadryl and slept like a baby for ten hours.

Being alone sucks. So far I’m keeping my eyes focused ahead instead of in the past, but every day I start over.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 11:31:23 AM EDT
[#29]
So far I’m keeping my eyes focused ahead instead of in the past..

Good plan. One day at a time!
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 11:42:28 AM EDT
[#30]

View All Quotes

Woman related?
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 12:47:14 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By RevolverRO:
I haven't really posted lately. My New Years resolution was to not cry. In 2020, there were literally two days where I didn't break down sobbingthe first two days at my new job back in September. Third day of my new job, the ex texted as I drive home and asked how the new job was going. She was honestly just checking in, no drama or anything like that. I was happy, enthusiastic, really optimistic for the first time since she walked out. Telling her how much I lived my new job just felt like I was free of all the sadness and stress. When I got off the phone I paused then burst into tears, because I felt more alone in that moment then I'd felt all year. I'd had an awesome two days abs the only person I could even think to share it with was her.

So my New Years resolution was to not cry. Not for her. She isn't worth a single tear.

New Years Day came and her little brother died. That gutted me and I broke down after she called with the news. I cried on January first and haven't shed a tear since. Haven't said more than a dozen words to her since then when I picked up the kids. I used to cry as I drove home from work each day. I'm not sure how but I manage to stay dry-eyed as I journey home. Came home Sunday morning really struggling. Just missed having someone to hold. I've been alone for a year. 2% of my life so far. I came home and stood in front of the mirror, wondering if I should take something, go to sleep and maybe never wake up again. I shook my head, took a Benadryl and slept like a baby for ten hours.

Being alone sucks. So far I'm keeping my eyes focused ahead instead of in the past, but every day I start over.
View Quote

It sounds like you are doing a little better. Keep trying. Hang in there.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 10:37:04 PM EDT
[#32]
I got laid off yesterday. I spent 8 years building my cockiness to the point where I'm so cocky it completely outweighs my complete lack of self confidence. I mean hell, I was so goddamn good at my job I made it where people got hired in at around twice minimum wage, compared to it was minimum wage when I started. But we got bought out in October, and they changed my job I was damn good at, to the point it wasn't beans or no beans, it was hey, chili should be vegan.

They were already looking for a reason to get rid of me because I was so goddamned good at my job my pay was about equal to what their area managers make, add the stress and anxiety they've added, I've spent the last month and a half sick.

My cockiness is high enough I went to a job interview today, and I would get hired in a couple levels under what I applied for. In the interview I would say when I got that job, they would say if, and I would be like, no, I mean when, trust me on that.

Why do I still feel like I'm not good enough and still drowning?
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 12:12:35 AM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By BornToLooze:
I got laid off yesterday. I spent 8 years building my cockiness to the point where I'm so cocky it completely outweighs my complete lack of self confidence. I mean hell, I was so goddamn good at my job I made it where people got hired in at around twice minimum wage, compared to it was minimum wage when I started. But we got bought out in October, and they changed my job I was damn good at, to the point it wasn't beans or no beans, it was hey, chili should be vegan.

They were already looking for a reason to get rid of me because I was so goddamned good at my job my pay was about equal to what their area managers make, add the stress and anxiety they've added, I've spent the last month and a half sick.

My cockiness is high enough I went to a job interview today, and I would get hired in a couple levels under what I applied for. In the interview I would say when I got that job, they would say if, and I would be like, no, I mean when, trust me on that.

View Quote

You're not confident enough to be proper cocky. A potential employer will typically be turned off by a display of cocky during an interview.

How's your body language? Do you normally slouch while sitting in a chair? Walk hunched over? Avoid eye contact?
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 1:39:49 AM EDT
[#34]

You're not confident enough to be proper cocky. A potential employer will typically be turned off by a display of cocky during an interview.

How's your body language? Do you normally slouch while sitting in a chair? Walk hunched over? Avoid eye contact?
View All Quotes

We were sitting in a booth, and I filled up my side because of social distancing, and because I' going  to be comfortable
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 12:18:36 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Anastasios] [#35]

We were sitting in a booth, and I filled up my side because of social distancing, and because I' going  to be comfortable
View All Quotes

You've got to make changes.

Start with body language. Stand straight with chin up, walk with confidence but without a swagger. Sit straight. Keep eye contact when having a conversation. What this does is help change your brain to fit with with the "new you".

Do you experience anxiety or depression all the time?
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 5:54:22 AM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By leib109:
The sense of impending doom due to recent political developments has really affected me. I feel less and less motivated to have much part in this world, and it makes me feel isolated, depressed, and afraid. What makes it worse is the perception that there’s not a damn thing I can do to stop what’s happening. I’m sure I’m not alone in feeling this way.
View Quote

You are not alone my friend.  I'm feeling at least that bad.  Never been so depressed in my life.  I don't know that I have the mental strength to stay the course.  I don't know what I can say to help but know that you definitely are not alone.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 6:34:45 PM EDT
[#37]

Start with body language. Stand straight with chin up, walk with confidence but without a swagger. Sit straight. Keep eye contact when having a conversation. What this does is help change your brain to fit with with the "new you".

View Quote

I've had issues with depression, but it's been a lot better recently. I actually never had anxiety until the buyout, and that was bad enough it was making me sick.

But I had the second interview today, got to the part where we talked about what I did at my old job and they said sonofabitch, go get this certification and the job is yours.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 6:55:24 PM EDT
[#38]

View Quote

This.
This is huge. Highly recommend Peterson's book. This is the first rule of the book. He talks how it can influence neurochemistry. It's not some feel good pseudoscience thing, it's as real as real comes. Furthermore making that little change can cause a positive feedback loop as opposed to a negative feedback loop.

You stand up straight with your shoulders back, now you're taller, now your a bigger presence. You speak with more convection and more authority.  People respect you more because your not as easy of a target. Even people that don't know you. Again highly recommend Peterson's book. He talks about how lobsters, who have been around since before trees have a hierarchy system based around this. Now you might be saying "well we're not lobsters" and this is true, but we evolved from them and the neurochemistry is exactly the same and the brain structures are very similar if not identical in some regions. Don't think about this too logically, just take their word for it. Then once you start to understand it the pieces start to fall back into place. Approach this topic with an open mind and it's incredible the skills and tools you learn form this.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 12:30:36 AM EDT
[#39]

I've had issues with depression, but it's been a lot better recently. I actually never had anxiety until the buyout, and that was bad enough it was making me sick.

But I had the second interview today, got to the part where we talked about what I did at my old job and they said sonofabitch, go get this certification and the job is yours.
View All Quotes

It appears you had nothing to worry about.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 12:57:11 AM EDT
[#40]

It appears you had nothing to worry about.
View Quote

I know. That why I didn't get why I got so down the other night. I mean, leaving a decent-ish paying job to follow my passion and try a bartender might be a questionable career move, but even before the buyout, I was always tired and never wanted to do anything, and then after, the stress of that has had me sick on and off since mid November.

But, it's something I'm passionate about, and my wife and kids are completely behind me. And one thing I learned reading about cocktails, this country was founded on drinking some rum and doing something questionable.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 4:53:09 AM EDT
[#41]
I turn 50 in 2 days. I'm already dying but it's really stringing out. My body is falling apart. Single with no kids and I think that is a good thing knowing nobody is relying on me. Shit has really stacked up as of late. My body is literally falling apart and trying to kill itself.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 9:26:40 AM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By NathanL:
I turn 50 in 2 days. I'm already dying but it's really stringing out. My body is falling apart. Single with no kids and I think that is a good thing knowing nobody is relying on me. Shit has really stacked up as of late. My body is literally falling apart and trying to kill itself.
View Quote

I'm sorry to hear that. You have a disease?
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 12:58:47 AM EDT
[#43]

View Quote
Yes. I've been a type 1 diabetic nearly all my life. Then for some reason a switch was flipped and now I have multiple auto immune diseases at once. At times my diabetes turns off for lack of a better term. I take one of the interferons to  cut it down, which nearly no insurance will pay for. They all showed up at once and into overdrive.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 3:10:24 PM EDT
[#44]
Howdy!
Having lived several lifetimes in y 6.5+ decades on this rock, being sorted like cordwood at times, I figured the only thing lasting is Eternity. And it is. In that is also brotherhood who may or may not yet realize we are not alone..

But all this is preparation, training. When I grieve I can help the grieving. When I sorrow I can .. etc. when “contemplating”suicide... yes, I understand, passionately. This is when the “training” steps up.

I know I am not alone in this.. I have had the support and wisdom shown to me... by brothers and sometimes sisters in Christ.

Bottom line, while wounded, with and through God’s Grace, my pain changes to clarity and motivation.. It is not my choice to end the mission... our wounds, our scars, remind us that we are survivors.. even when we reject God, he is mindful of you.

Peace and blessings of Christ Jesus be with us all...
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 8:59:27 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By RevolverRO:
I haven’t really posted lately. My New Years resolution was to not cry. In 2020, there were literally two days where I didn’t break down sobbing—the first two days at my new job back in September. Third day of my new job, the ex texted as I drive home and asked how the new job was going. She was honestly just checking in, no drama or anything like that. I was happy, enthusiastic, really optimistic for the first time since she walked out. Telling her how much I lived my new job just felt like I was free of all the sadness and stress. When I got off the phone I paused then burst into tears, because I felt more alone in that moment then I’d felt all year. I’d had an awesome two days abs the only person I could even think to share it with was her.

So my New Years resolution was to not cry. Not for her. She isn’t worth a single tear.

New Years Day came and her little brother died. That gutted me and I broke down after she called with the news. I cried on January first and haven’t shed a tear since. Haven’t said more than a dozen words to her since then when I picked up the kids. I used to cry as I drove home from work each day. I’m not sure how but I manage to stay dry-eyed as I journey home. Came home Sunday morning really struggling. Just missed having someone to hold. I’ve been alone for a year. 2% of my life so far. I came home and stood in front of the mirror, wondering if I should take something, go to sleep and maybe never wake up again. I shook my head, took a Benadryl and slept like a baby for ten hours.

Being alone sucks. So far I’m keeping my eyes focused ahead instead of in the past, but every day I start over.
View Quote

I am right there with you my friend. Exact same feelings and emotions. Hang in there. I don’t know if I can and it’s only been a little over a month for me. The hardest part is driving home from work and the weekends.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 9:21:04 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By cwf:
Howdy!
Having lived several lifetimes in y 6.5+ decades on this rock, being sorted like cordwood at times, I figured the only thing lasting is Eternity. And it is. In that is also brotherhood who may or may not yet realize we are not alone..

But all this is preparation, training. When I grieve I can help the grieving. When I sorrow I can .. etc. when “contemplating”suicide... yes, I understand, passionately. This is when the “training” steps up.

I know I am not alone in this.. I have had the support and wisdom shown to me... by brothers and sometimes sisters in Christ.

Bottom line, while wounded, with and through God’s Grace, my pain changes to clarity and motivation.. It is not my choice to end the mission... our wounds, our scars, remind us that we are survivors.. even when we reject God, he is mindful of you.

Peace and blessings of Christ Jesus be with us all...
View Quote

Amen.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 10:20:43 PM EDT
[#47]
Yes. I've been a type 1 diabetic nearly all my life. Then for some reason a switch was flipped and now I have multiple auto immune diseases at once. At times my diabetes turns off for lack of a better term. I take one of the interferons to  cut it down, which nearly no insurance will pay for. They all showed up at once and into overdrive.
View All Quotes

That's rough. I'm at the age where the odds of death striking at any moment turn sharply upward. I've always known we live on borrowed time, but put it out of mind and did what I pleased. My one regret is not having opened my eyes sooner to what is truly real.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 4:00:39 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Dolor] [#48]
You ever get a real sharp lower back pain so much so that your whole body seizes up and it takes your breath away?
Yeah that's how I feel whenever I her my ex's name. My whole body tenses up. Happened again recently. I'm usually quite good at controlling my state for talking to a group of people,  confrontation or for something of that nature
But just her name...
Fuck that cunt.
Trying to meet more people for a while now. Covid sucks and well you can't tell how a chick looks with a mask on. Online dating is just as bad, probably even more hurtful at times, been stood up a few times. Other times it's okay just someone to talk to when I get lonely.
I dunno, I guess I just wanted to vent for a second. I was so tired at a coffee shop the other day, that I didn't realize I was checking out this chick. She caught me and I guess I was so tired I was on autopilot that I just kind of raised my eye brows at her like a "hey".
And she says to me "hey what's up?". First time in my life that's ever happened, lol. Didn't get a chance to talk to her after that. So that's good, maybe I'll try talking to her tomorrow.
Anyways, insomnias a bitch, usually late at night my mind isn't busy working on something and the pain starts to come again. I thought maybe if I vented a bit my mind could think about other things.
Appreciate you guys listening.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 11:10:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: NathanL] [#49]
Depends on how old you are I guess. I hit 50 Sunday and even though I'm in terrible shape medically I've had decent luck dating with the women I dated looong ago or knew looong ago. They've all been married, now divorced, kids out of college and just them. I dated one for a while that's an executive in what is left over of a fortune 500 company that sold to another company. First knew her in high school. One her now ex husband owns the medical spa she now works at, good work if you can get it lol.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 11:17:17 PM EDT
[#50]
Depends on how old you are I guess. I hit 50 Sunday and even though I'm in terrible shape medically I've had decent luck dating with the women I dated looong ago or knew looong ago. They've all been married, now divorced, kids out of college and just them. I dated one for a while that's an executive in what is left over of a fortune 500 company that sold to another company. First knew her in high school. One her now ex husband owns the medical spa she now works at, good work if you can get it lol.
View Quote

I'm 26, lol.
Going to a yoga class tomorrow.
Page / 73
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top