Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 73
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 8:50:47 AM EDT
[#1]
Hachiko,

You are valuable and your dedication to your wife and son is not lost on me. From what you wrote, it sounds like you supported your family well during extremely difficult times.

In spite of pain, frustration, anger, confusion... you are still showing your strength by sharing your story and feelings with us. That is a sign that you are still alive and kicking! Keep talking, it will help, and you have lots of ears ready to listen and plenty of minds that want to help you strategize on next steps. You are not alone.

I will 2nd the temp agency idea, I had a buddy recently that found several job opps pretty quickly using a local agency  after being let go. I will PM you their info.

Finally, I am also in Fort Worth, I will include my number as well.
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 9:20:20 AM EDT
[#2]
Since you pay child support do you not have any visitation options?
Can you fight for some?
Sounds to me like you've still got some legal battles to fight. Your relationship with your son is pretty important and I would fight until my last breathe for it.
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 10:10:32 AM EDT
[Last Edit: sq40] [#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Hachiko:
Let me expand on B. above.
Ex: Your attorney tells you "The prosecution told me that you sent a certified hand written letter to XXXX threatening them".  You respond "Absolutely not"!!! He says, but the prosecution told me that you did!!

No.... It's just not within my financial means at present. It also wouldn't go anywhere if I did. Their all just one big Family in Tarrant County.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Qweevox:

Do you have a malpractice lawsuit?
Let me expand on B. above.
Ex: Your attorney tells you "The prosecution told me that you sent a certified hand written letter to XXXX threatening them".  You respond "Absolutely not"!!! He says, but the prosecution told me that you did!!

No.... It's just not within my financial means at present. It also wouldn't go anywhere if I did. Their all just one big Family in Tarrant County.
Get out of there.  Would be good to get a change of scenery and away from the people that harmed you.  Even if its only an hour away. I know it’s hard to move when broke,but we might be able to find a way to overcome that.
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 3:18:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Keep pushing forward, and we are here anytime you need/want to talk.
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 3:58:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Solace22:
Since you pay child support do you not have any visitation options?
Can you fight for some?
Sounds to me like you've still got some legal battles to fight. Your relationship with your son is pretty important and I would fight until my last breathe for it.
View Quote
I will start paying Child support in March of 2019. Only because I gave, no they took away my half of the home equity sell, & her 401K($140,000)
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 4:54:19 PM EDT
[#6]
That's not bad advice.  Explore all options.

Hell, now you're free to think outside the box.  If nursing is what you want to continue doing, maybe you could get a job on a commercial ship, and make an adventure out of it.  I bet there are remote commercial operations and NGO's, that'd also hire healthcare professionals with your background.  If you want to stay on the traditional route, go ahead and get your nurse practitioner's license.  In some areas they make as much income as MD's, and for some patient systems NP's provide primary care.  But I'm sure you'd know more about this than me.

If you want to get out of nursing, you're options are wide open.  Find something that you'd never thought about doing before.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By wtfboombrb:
Originally Posted By JonathanEvo9:
Well if you are ever in the central Florida area, I have a job for you.
@Hachiko

I suggest you talk to this guy.

Hell, now you're free to think outside the box.  If nursing is what you want to continue doing, maybe you could get a job on a commercial ship, and make an adventure out of it.  I bet there are remote commercial operations and NGO's, that'd also hire healthcare professionals with your background.  If you want to stay on the traditional route, go ahead and get your nurse practitioner's license.  In some areas they make as much income as MD's, and for some patient systems NP's provide primary care.  But I'm sure you'd know more about this than me.

If you want to get out of nursing, you're options are wide open.  Find something that you'd never thought about doing before.
@Hachiko

Think about this. Seriously. A monster change would do you good in more ways than one.
Link Posted: 12/8/2018 8:21:17 PM EDT
[#7]
So nice to see so many helpful people .
Link Posted: 12/9/2018 1:39:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By bikerman9967:
So nice to see so many helpful people .
View Quote
Double stamp.  There have been some harsh examples of what (i hope is the minority) of membership is capable of lately.  I am amazed that people feel led to react in certain ways, when they could just walk away and not bother.

This thread is a great thread.  And it shows that the membership here can really step up.
Link Posted: 12/9/2018 3:22:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Qweevox] [#9]
@Hachiko

Think about this. Seriously. A monster change would do you good in more ways than one.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By JonathanEvo9:
Well if you are ever in the central Florida area, I have a job for you.
@Hachiko

I suggest you talk to this guy.

@Hachiko

It's a hero's journey in the making.

For those not familiar with the concept, I suggest Goggling Joseph's Campbell's Hero's Journey, there are a lot of articles on the internet that can explain it better than I can, but I'll give it a shot.

Throughout history, all heroes tales have the same kind of elements.  The hero is living a "normal" quite ordinary life.  Things are going smoothly.  Then circumstances change.  Sometimes through the actions, or some mistake our hero has made, sometimes just seemingly random events.  Whatever the cause, our hero is thrust into a hard journey, or experiences some kind of extraordinary hardship or series of events, forces them into action.

In ancient mythology heroes sometimes would travel to a completely alien world, step through the looking glass, so to speak.  They'd have to go through a period of trial, one that few people face, this trial can be life or death, where our hero has to face some some kind of monster, or supernatural force.  They're often tempted along the journey, tempted to give up, leave their journey, or give into their fears.  The hero is always given lots of choices to make along the way.

Once they face their demon, vanquish it, whatever it is, they gain some kind of knowledge, wisdom, or object, and then make the journey back to the "normal" world, a better, wiser, or more noble person, and they help, or share what they've learned with others.

For people who's life has been turned upside down, or find themselves in a dark place, I believe they're on a hero's journey.
Link Posted: 12/9/2018 4:10:50 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Lug1:
Double stamp.  There have been some harsh examples of what (i hope is the minority) of membership is capable of lately.  I am amazed that people feel led to react in certain ways, when they could just walk away and not bother.

This thread is a great thread.  And it shows that the membership here can really step up.
View Quote
I’ve read though a lot of comments and used it as fuel for my own feelings . It truly is a good place .
Link Posted: 12/9/2018 6:24:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Towely] [#11]
Just need to vent for a few minutes... I'm fucking burned out.

Got a job at USPS and actually enjoy it quite a bit but it's been 12-16hr days every day for the past 20 days or so.  No big deal except my mom is quite ill.  Doctors can't figure out what's wrong with her but she got sick about 3 months ago and just never got back to 100%.  Then she started to really drop weight(down to 92lbs), no energy, achy joins, fluid retention/swelling in her ankles.

She was anemic and they thought that was a big part of the problem but they have since rectified that with little improvement that went away shortly after.  They tested for everything they could think of and finally just sent a shitload of blood to a hematologist and basically told him to check for anything else he could possibly think of.  Endoscope showed some yeast in her throat which usually only happens when someone is extremely malnourished.

She's been eating and drinking and putting on a few pounds here and there but no other improvement over the past month.  Been trying to get over there to see her when I can as much as possible but when I do its usually so late she's completely wiped out.

That and I'm starting to show signs of another UC flare up which, if that happens, we are completely fucked financially.  The trigger for me seems to be stress.  I  have a bunch of leftover prednisone and might start taking a small dose just encase but currently don't have insurance so going in is a negative.

Things could definitely be worse but I'm trying to keep a positive presence around all involved so I figured this was as good a place as any to bitch.  Just getting frustrated with the limited time I've had with my mom because I've just got that all too familiar bad feeling about her condition...
Link Posted: 12/9/2018 7:18:57 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Towely:

Got a job at USPS and actually enjoy it quite a bit but it's been 12-16hr days every day for the past 20 days or so.  No big deal except my mom is quite ill.  Doctors can't figure out what's wrong with her but she got sick about 3 months ago and just never got back to 100%.  Then she started to really drop weight(down to 92lbs), no energy, achy joins, fluid retention/swelling in her ankles.

She was anemic and they thought that was a big part of the problem but they have since rectified that with little improvement that went away shortly after.  They tested for everything they could think of and finally just sent a shitload of blood to a hematologist and basically told him to check for anything else he could possibly think of.  Endoscope showed some yeast in her throat which usually only happens when someone is extremely malnourished.

She's been eating and drinking and putting on a few pounds here and there but no other improvement over the past month.  Been trying to get over there to see her when I can as much as possible but when I do its usually so late she's completely wiped out.

That and I'm starting to show signs of another UC flare up which, if that happens, we are completely fucked financially.  The trigger for me seems to be stress.  I  have a bunch of leftover prednisone and might start taking a small dose just encase but currently don't have insurance so going in is a negative.

Things could definitely be worse but I'm trying to keep a positive presence around all involved so I figured this was as good a place as any to bitch.  Just getting frustrated with the limited time I've had with my mom because I've just got that all too familiar bad feeling about her condition...
View Quote
Do you have a wife and kids?
Link Posted: 12/9/2018 7:39:18 PM EDT
[#13]
View All Quotes

Wife yes, kids no thank God.
Link Posted: 12/9/2018 7:48:55 PM EDT
[#14]
View All Quotes

Sounds like you're probably making decent money. Can you see the doctor who's treated you for the UC even though you don't have insurance? He/she would already have your records, should be easy to get a prescription.

The idea here is that we can't take care of others until we take care of ourselves first.
Link Posted: 12/9/2018 7:52:23 PM EDT
[#15]
Sounds like you're probably making decent money. Can you see the doctor who's treated you for the UC even though you don't have insurance? He/she would already have your records, should be easy to get a prescription.

The idea here is that we can't take care of others until we take care of ourselves first.
View All Quotes

We are digging ourselves out of a financial hole at the moment from my last flare up, but quite rapidly with the holiday rush.  I left a message at my doctors office Friday but haven't heard back from them yet.  Either way I don't see the harm in taking a small dose for a week to see what happens.  Unless the doctor is willing to work with me on it.  I hear you though.
Link Posted: 12/9/2018 8:13:16 PM EDT
[#16]
We are digging ourselves out of a financial hole at the moment from my last flare up, but quite rapidly with the holiday rush.  I left a message at my doctors office Friday but haven't heard back from them yet.  Either way I don't see the harm in taking a small dose for a week to see what happens.  Unless the doctor is willing to work with me on it.  I hear you though.
View All Quotes

As far as visiting mom goes, is it possible to request a half day off from work?
Link Posted: 12/9/2018 8:22:12 PM EDT
[#17]
As far as visiting mom goes, is it possible to request a half day off from work?
View All Quotes

I've got Wednesday off and will be seeing her then, it's just tough because some days she's feeling up to having company over and other days she's pretty out of it.  We're "required" to get one day off a week but we're short staffed at my office so that hasn't been happening.  I already told my postmaster that my phone won't be getting answered Wednesday morning so don't bother.  She had me scheduled all week but took me off for a day after I talked with her about it.
Link Posted: 12/9/2018 8:26:42 PM EDT
[#18]
I've got Wednesday off and will be seeing her then, it's just tough because some days she's feeling up to having company over and other days she's pretty out of it.  We're "required" to get one day off a week but we're short staffed at my office so that hasn't been happening.  I already told my postmaster that my phone won't be getting answered Wednesday morning so don't bother.  She had me scheduled all week but took me off for a day after I talked with her about it.
View All Quotes

That's a big positive!
Link Posted: 12/9/2018 8:43:33 PM EDT
[#19]
That's a big positive!
View All Quotes

That's a big positive!
Yeah I've been seeing her a couple of times a week but hopefully getting over their earlier in the day will mean she's more with it.  Just sucks, it's like i forget how sick she looks and every time I see her it's just a reminder that she really is that ill.

But again, we don't know what's wrong so maybe she'll turn around eventually.
Link Posted: 12/9/2018 8:45:32 PM EDT
[#20]
Yeah I've been seeing her a couple of times a week but hopefully getting over their earlier in the day will mean she's more with it.  Just sucks, it's like i forget how sick she looks and every time I see her it's just a reminder that she really is that ill.

View All Quotes

That's a big positive!

How old is mom?
Link Posted: 12/9/2018 8:54:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Towely] [#21]
How old is mom?
View All Quotes

That's a big positive!

How old is mom?
56 so not exactly at the age yet where one would expect one to waste away from old age....

on the plus side she's plenty young to fight through this.
Link Posted: 12/9/2018 9:31:49 PM EDT
[#22]
56 so not exactly at the age yet where one would expect one to waste away from old age....

View All Quotes

That's a big positive!

How old is mom?

Yes she is. Hope for the best, prepare for the worst, and pray if you're religious.

Other than that, take care of yourself, give her as much support as you can, and stay updated on her condition. Have you had any communications with her doctors?
Link Posted: 12/10/2018 3:41:37 AM EDT
[#23]
Mom passed away November 30th. She had a stroke in March. I knew where this was headed and thought I was prepared. No. This last week has been filled with memorial preparations so I havent had much time to dwell. Today was tough.
Link Posted: 12/10/2018 7:50:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Navin_R_Johnson] [#24]
Originally Posted By themountainwilliam:
Mom passed away November 30th. She had a stroke in March. I knew where this was headed and thought I was prepared. No. This last week has been filled with memorial preparations so I havent had much time to dwell. Today was tough.
View Quote
I understand where you are coming from, going through that myself.  My mother is 89 and deteriorating fast.  I saw her last evening for our family Christmas party, and she can't walk anymore.

This time of year makes it especially difficult, because she always loved Christmas so much and was so generous and loved to spoil all her grandchildren, but is unable to do so anymore.

This maybe the last Christmas we get to spend with her.  I am here if you need someone to talk to.
Link Posted: 12/12/2018 12:46:40 AM EDT
[#25]
One more slap in my face. Starting in March of 2019, I have to pay my Ex $1200/Mo. in child support, & reimburse her $800/Mo. for his Health insurance under her. I know I can have the C.S. reduced because my income is well..... zero, but I will have to pay for the Insurance some how & if I cannot, then the court will have me arrested. Welcome to Texas Divorce laws!
View Quote
It's worse on the east coast. I am pretty sure my divorce case is even more outrageous.
Link Posted: 12/12/2018 5:41:42 PM EDT
[#26]
You are correct, that I don't know that for sure. Thinking about him is the only thing that is keeping me holding on by my last fingernail.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Naamah:

You have a son, I think. How do you feel about loyalty and unconditional love for him?

I know you’re worried about your ex turning him against you, but you don’t know that that’s happened yet.
You are correct, that I don't know that for sure. Thinking about him is the only thing that is keeping me holding on by my last fingernail.
My ex tried that with my 3 daughters. I did not participate by defending myself nor listening to what they said she said. As they grew, they realized what was going on, and who talked trash. It got to the point where they would not go visit her (I had them). Today, 20 yrs later, they see why I divorced her.
Stay the course sir....I pm'd you my number last month...
Link Posted: 12/12/2018 6:19:02 PM EDT
[#27]
Yes she is. Hope for the best, prepare for the worst, and pray if you're religious.

Other than that, take care of yourself, give her as much support as you can, and stay updated on her condition. Have you had any communications with her doctors?
View All Quotes

That's a big positive!

How old is mom?

@wtfboombrb

Yeah some, they are absolutely miffed.  She goes in on the 21st to talk with the hematologist who should have the results back from whatever tests he ran this time.

Last night she was wheezing and coughing pretty bad.  My dad couldn't convince her to go in but christ, any sort of fluid retention in the lungs at this point would be very hard to deal with....  fortunately she's doing better today with that.  Just got off the phone with her, no visit today unfortunately as she's not feeling up for it...

According to my dad she's seemed more "with it" the past two days but low on energy compared to her norm lately.  I guess after her coughing episode passed last night she slept for a bit, then woke up around 2am and watched tv with my dad for a couple hours.  I can tell he's starting to wear down pretty hard too.

I'm just worried that in her state if one more thing goes wrong we're in real trouble.  She got a flu shot but if she catches a cold or, god forbid, the flu...
Link Posted: 12/13/2018 9:34:22 AM EDT
[#28]
@wtfboombrb

Yeah some, they are absolutely miffed.  She goes in on the 21st to talk with the hematologist who should have the results back from whatever tests he ran this time.

Last night she was wheezing and coughing pretty bad.  My dad couldn't convince her to go in but christ, any sort of fluid retention in the lungs at this point would be very hard to deal with....  fortunately she's doing better today with that.  Just got off the phone with her, no visit today unfortunately as she's not feeling up for it...

According to my dad she's seemed more "with it" the past two days but low on energy compared to her norm lately.  I guess after her coughing episode passed last night she slept for a bit, then woke up around 2am and watched tv with my dad for a couple hours.  I can tell he's starting to wear down pretty hard too.

I'm just worried that in her state if one more thing goes wrong we're in real trouble.  She got a flu shot but if she catches a cold or, god forbid, the flu...
View All Quotes

That's a big positive!

How old is mom?

@wtfboombrb

We can't get wrapped up in 'what ifs'. We should be living each moment, day by day. We should focus on what we need to do right now. Anxiety caused by thinking about what we have no control over is counterproductive.

I've been having to tell myself these things every day for the past month or so, then two days ago made a decision not based on what might in the future, but what I need to do for me right now. The future will happen when it gets here. I'm not ignoring the future, but thinking about 'what ifs' causes anxiety which gets in the way of effectively preparing for it. Anxiety can lead to poor, or complete lack of, decision making.

Does this make sense?
Link Posted: 12/13/2018 9:40:00 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By biggus_arcticus:

My ex tried that with my 3 daughters. I did not participate by defending myself nor listening to what they said she said. As they grew, they realized what was going on, and who talked trash. It got to the point where they would not go visit her (I had them). Today, 20 yrs later, they see why I divorced her.
Stay the course sir....I pm'd you my number last month...
View Quote
Yes Sir, & thank you.
Link Posted: 12/13/2018 11:50:49 PM EDT
[#30]

Yes Sir, & thank you.
View Quote
How are thing going man?
Link Posted: 12/14/2018 1:40:55 AM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By sq40:
How are thing going man?
View All Quotes

Yes Sir, & thank you.
How are thing going man?
To be completely honest, not well. Not well at all..
Link Posted: 12/14/2018 1:41:06 AM EDT
[#32]
How are thing going man?
View All Quotes

Yes Sir, & thank you.
How are thing going man?
To be completely honest, not well. Not well at all..
Link Posted: 12/14/2018 2:19:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: zukguy] [#33]
Please hang in there my friend, and I sent you another PM. I know things are going bad for you today, but this could be the best thing in the world. You now get the chance to make a new start, please don't let it get your down even further. Take those first steps to making a new and better life for yourself. One day you will look back at this time and say man that was a tough time, but now look at me I'm happy and in a better place now than when all this crap started.

You may not want to hear this, but everything does happen for a reason. You may not see it today, but in a year you're going to be so happy that you went through all of this. Most of us look inward at some point and think I wonder what it would be like to start over, but most of us are to chicken to do it. Well you are' being forced to start over, please make the best out of it.

Life will get better, and please don't give up. Look at all of the people who care about you. Believe it or not you're in my prayers everyday, and I think about you all the time, and wonder how you're doing, and hoping today you saw something good, and are making the most of everyday. One thing I try to live by is doing one thing everyday to make tomorrow better, and it takes a while to see the results, but you will see them, and you have my word on that. Nobody can do this for you, but you have to take those first steps to make your life better, and everyday things will get easier.

Don't give up buddy, please don't give up. If not for us then think of your child. You can't hurt this child for life by ending yours. Keep pushing forward.
Zuk
Link Posted: 12/14/2018 7:37:30 PM EDT
[#34]
PM returned.
Link Posted: 12/14/2018 7:50:13 PM EDT
[#35]

We can't get wrapped up in 'what ifs'. We should be living each moment, day by day. We should focus on what we need to do right now. Anxiety caused by thinking about what we have no control over is counterproductive.

I've been having to tell myself these things every day for the past month or so, then two days ago made a decision not based on what might in the future, but what I need to do for me right now. The future will happen when it gets here. I'm not ignoring the future, but thinking about 'what ifs' causes anxiety which gets in the way of effectively preparing for it. Anxiety can lead to poor, or complete lack of, decision making.

Does this make sense?
View Quote
everything you said there makes sense to me. I really wish I could make my mind believe that there is nothing to be fearful of.
Link Posted: 12/14/2018 8:13:52 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By takdriver:
everything you said there makes sense to me. I really wish I could make my mind believe that there is nothing to be fearful of.
View All Quotes

Does this make sense?
@takdriver

What's up?
Link Posted: 12/14/2018 8:24:41 PM EDT
[#37]

@takdriver

What's up?
View Quote
I don't have much of a story but here goes. Over the past several years I have been slowly fighting a personal battle against anxiety. I had a military deployment which kicked my butt and i have reached out to the va for help. Other people have already posted their experiences with anxiety being draining. Boy is it draining. Its very difficult for me. I went from being a very outgoing and confident person, to being somewhat reclusive and jumpy.
Link Posted: 12/14/2018 9:16:37 PM EDT
[#38]
I don't have much of a story but here goes. Over the past several years I have been slowly fighting a personal battle against anxiety. I had a military deployment which kicked my butt and i have reached out to the va for help. Other people have already posted their experiences with anxiety being draining. Boy is it draining. Its very difficult for me. I went from being a very outgoing and confident person, to being somewhat reclusive and jumpy.
View All Quotes

@takdriver

What's up?
Your experience is more common than you might think. What has the VA offered concerning this matter, so far?
Link Posted: 12/14/2018 9:35:05 PM EDT
[#39]
Medicine, which might assist me, but not get to the root.
Link Posted: 12/14/2018 10:04:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Anastasios] [#40]
Medicine, which might assist me, but not get to the root.
View Quote
Inquire about counseling and VA in house veteran support groups.
Link Posted: 12/15/2018 1:27:55 AM EDT
[#41]

Does this make sense?
View Quote
This is 100% correct.
After almost 6 weeks of unsolicited (being stuck inside) isolation, I'm slowly coming back to this realization.
Link Posted: 12/15/2018 2:48:43 AM EDT
[#42]
View All Quotes

Does this make sense?
@takdriver

Here's something specifically concerning fear. Don't know where you stand on this subject, but here goes.

God takes care of my fear. All I have to do is love God and trust in Him completely. He keeps things in proper perspective for me.

From Proverbs 3

"...The LORD by wisdom founded the earth, By understanding He established the heavens. By His knowledge the deeps were broken up And the skies drip with dew. My son, let them not vanish from your sight; Keep sound wisdom and discretion, So they will be life to your soul And adornment to your neck. Then you will walk in your way securely And your foot will not stumble. When you lie down, you will not be afraid; When you lie down, your sleep will be sweet. Do not be afraid of sudden fear Nor of the onslaught of the wicked when it comes; For the LORD will be your confidence And will keep your foot from being caught..."
Link Posted: 12/15/2018 6:38:51 PM EDT
[#43]

@takdriver

Here's something specifically concerning fear. Don't know where you stand on this subject, but here goes.

God takes care of my fear. All I have to do is love God and trust in Him completely. He keeps things in proper perspective for me.

From Proverbs 3

"...The LORD by wisdom founded the earth, By understanding He established the heavens. By His knowledge the deeps were broken up And the skies drip with dew. My son, let them not vanish from your sight; Keep sound wisdom and discretion, So they will be life to your soul And adornment to your neck. Then you will walk in your way securely And your foot will not stumble. When you lie down, you will not be afraid; When you lie down, your sleep will be sweet. Do not be afraid of sudden fear Nor of the onslaught of the wicked when it comes; For the LORD will be your confidence And will keep your foot from being caught..."
View Quote
Great quote, and one that I try to remember anytime I have anxiety.
Link Posted: 12/16/2018 1:57:45 PM EDT
[#44]
Weekends are the worse.
Link Posted: 12/16/2018 11:36:40 PM EDT
[#45]
Gentlemen, I wish to give a Personal thank you to zukguy & wtfboombrb! These Gentlemen have gone above and beyond in assisting with my present life situation. I thank you both, from the bottom of my heart!
Link Posted: 12/17/2018 10:23:24 AM EDT
[#46]
Last week a 40 y/o friend committed suicide.  Everyone is stunned as he was always helping other people, a pleasurable down to earth person to be around, and an excellent father to his eight and 10 year old boys.

I will bite my tongue about what I think about people taking that way out as they must be in a very painful place, but will say those two boys just lost their hero to that act and are now in a world of hurt.

The rest of us will try to do what we can for them, for all the good it will do .
Link Posted: 12/17/2018 11:44:07 AM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By RINO_Hunter:
Last week a 40 y/o friend committed suicide.  Everyone is stunned as he was always helping other people, a pleasurable down to earth person to be around, and an excellent father to his eight and 10 year old boys.

I will bite my tongue about what I think about people taking that way out as they must be in a very painful place, but will say those two boys just lost their hero to that act and are now in a world of hurt.

The rest of us will try to do what we can for them, for all the good it will do .
View Quote
Sorry to hear about your friend.

Think about this. He is gone. Anything you can do to ease the pain of the living would be highly valued. Do not sell yourself short. Working through your own pain and anger in a timely fashion would allow you to comfort and ease the burdens of the family.  Replace the feelings of bitterness and anger being directed at the dead with love and compassion for the living.
Link Posted: 12/17/2018 11:55:48 AM EDT
[#48]
Gentlemen, I wish to give a Personal thank you to zukguy & wtfboombrb! These Gentlemen have gone above and beyond in assisting with my present life situation. I thank you both, from the bottom of my heart!
View Quote
It's Monday. You know what to do so get busy, Brother! Speaking of which I have work of my own to do if I don't want be homeless come the 29th.

Homeless in Winter Montana isn't nearly as fun as homeless in Summer Montana!

How is the weather in southern Arizona this time of year?
Link Posted: 12/17/2018 1:19:41 PM EDT
[#49]
Our low in the Metro Phoenix area was about 45.

I'm now trying to hibernate.

No Snow in the Valley. We have all this sunshine clogging up our streets, coating our cars, it's downright miserable, I tell you.

Too bad AZ is full.
Link Posted: 12/17/2018 1:29:46 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By RINO_Hunter:

View Quote
Wife/ex problems? It actually makes it worse for the boys if he was otherwise a good father vs. a shithead. Without help those poor boys will grow up having abandonment and guilt issues. Never wanting to get too closely bonded to anyone with fear of losing them in an instant if they mess up.  Please tell me he at least left a note absolving his loved ones from his act.
Page / 73
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top