Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 10/4/2022 11:26:44 PM EDT
Everything is STILL on back order.  Everyplace is STILL short staffed.  Nobody can find anyone to hire.  Price of everything is going up, but people aren't going back to work?  Before Covid, everything.....worked.  Since Covid, everything is decrepit.
Link Posted: 10/4/2022 11:28:20 PM EDT
[#1]
I went to Walmart yesterday and I was one of a handful of people without a mask on.  Something changed and I did not get the memo...

I mean there were mask everywhere

Link Posted: 10/4/2022 11:29:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Something changed and I did not get the memo...

View Quote

yeeeeeessssssss......
Link Posted: 10/4/2022 11:29:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Incompetence and being on welfare pays too good.

Why change anything when you can slack off and everyone thinks it's OK?
Link Posted: 10/4/2022 11:30:09 PM EDT
[#4]
They don’t think globalism be like it is, but it do
Link Posted: 10/4/2022 11:32:03 PM EDT
[#5]
It's not the govt. spending us into oblivion, it's the "supply chain".  It's all your fault for wanting stuff and buying stuff.  Lower your expectations, take your Soma, and all will be well.

Link Posted: 10/4/2022 11:32:18 PM EDT
[#6]
IBTM
Link Posted: 10/4/2022 11:33:54 PM EDT
[#7]
IBTM
Link Posted: 10/4/2022 11:34:00 PM EDT
[#8]
We’ve been talking about this news for the last few days.
Link Posted: 10/4/2022 11:34:22 PM EDT
[#9]
It is a design, not a flaw.

Re-adjust your looking glass.
Link Posted: 10/4/2022 11:34:53 PM EDT
[#10]
I think now they're blaming it on Trump invading Ukraine.

Link Posted: 10/4/2022 11:35:42 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I went to Walmart yesterday and I was one of a handful of people without a mask on.  Something changed and I did not get the memo...

View Quote
Same in my area. They're all wearing masks again. Apparently  I didn't get it either.
Link Posted: 10/4/2022 11:38:12 PM EDT
[#12]
The New Normal
Link Posted: 10/4/2022 11:38:35 PM EDT
[#13]
The govt is asking people if they still need rent assistance
one tenant got 4K the other got 7K
that goes a LONG way when all you must worry about is food and fun budget.
then bring in the increased pay to recruit more workers. this means they need toi work less hours to make the minimum to stay living
Link Posted: 10/4/2022 11:40:20 PM EDT
[#14]
I was in the San Diego airport today. They were still broadcasting messages to stay 6’ apart. There were a few mask retards; but not many.
Link Posted: 10/4/2022 11:41:56 PM EDT
[#15]
Before covid we had employees working part time making $500+ take home, which was good money for part time. When Michigan shuttered our business, these employees got to sit at home for 4+ months, and got $900 a week.

When we reopened they didn't want to come back. Last we heard, they were running only fans channels..

Democrats got the dependent society they wanted...
Link Posted: 10/4/2022 11:43:38 PM EDT
[#16]
Pretty much every large manufacturer had moved to Just in Time (JIT).

For JIT to work, everything it depends on needs to work.

If one thing stops working, JIT stops working.

If many thing stop working, well you get what we have now.

To get JIT working again, everything is going to have to start working normally again.
Link Posted: 10/4/2022 11:51:33 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Everything is STILL on back order.  Everyplace is STILL short staffed.  Nobody can find anyone to hire.  Price of everything is going up, but people aren't going back to work?  Before Covid, everything.....worked.  Since Covid, everything is decrepit.
View Quote

All part of the plan.
From 2017 through 2019, everything was good.  The dems and the media shit all over Trump's presidency.  If you didn't listen to the propaganda on your TV or radio, you could see things were good.  The owners don't want that.  They turned the world to shit in 2020 to take back power.  They're back in power.  Really, things started turning to shit in the early 2000s.  Obama ramped it up.  Trumped reversed it.  The owners are back on course.
Link Posted: 10/4/2022 11:53:57 PM EDT
[#18]
Arizona Iced Tea is a $1 fucking .50
Link Posted: 10/4/2022 11:54:42 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote
They can't find people to hire because they demand specific skill sets, and offer shit wages
Link Posted: 10/4/2022 11:54:54 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 10/4/2022 11:56:52 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/4/2022 11:58:58 PM EDT
[#22]
Part of Los Angeles still has a rent moratorium. They are discussing it this week. The tenets are fighting for more "protection" while the landlords want them out so they can attract paying customers. It's crazy.
Link Posted: 10/5/2022 12:00:27 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Same in my area. They're all wearing masks again. Apparently  I didn't get it either.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I’ve seen more masks as of late. Is there some lefty dem site people are looking at telling them to mask up again?
Link Posted: 10/5/2022 12:00:54 AM EDT
[#24]
COVID ain't over.  In the last month I know close to a dozen people who got COVID.

Three got their asses kicked (one was unvaxxed, 2 vaxxed).  Nobody died.  The rest was no big deal (vaxxed), but they sure as shit caught it.

As to masks - if you haven't noticed by now - a certain demo wears masks all the time when in public.  That's not going away.

As to prices, we all got robbed while this was going on, and they bribed the people's to not have to work.  Why work, if everything just magics in place anyway?
Link Posted: 10/5/2022 12:03:31 AM EDT
[#25]
I'm still recovering from covid 18 days later. My wife, 3 year old and 9 month old got absolutely fucking destroyed by it.

My kids fought it off in a few days. Wife and I who are vaxed got fucked big time by it.
Link Posted: 10/5/2022 12:03:41 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
COVID ain't over.  In the last month I know close to a dozen people who got COVID.

Three got their asses kicked (one was unvaxxed, 2 vaxxed).  Nobody died.  The rest was no big deal (vaxxed), but they sure as shit caught it.

As to masks - if you haven't noticed by now - a certain demo wears masks all the time when in public.  That's not going away.

As to prices, we all got robbed while this was going on, and they bribed the people's to not have to work.  Why work, if everything just magics in place anyway?
View Quote
as your attorney (comma) i recommend wearing a mask whilst in the liquor store and bank and whilst interacting with law enforcement.
Link Posted: 10/5/2022 12:04:39 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

Covid didn't cause these problems in the first place.  It was the government response to covid that fucked everything up.
Link Posted: 10/5/2022 12:07:27 AM EDT
[#28]
The retarded asshole that caused the traffic jam is gone, but the effects ripple down the road for a while.

Link Posted: 10/5/2022 12:28:50 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
A lot of people stopped working. It will only get worse as we go over the demographic cliff.
View Quote

Truth
Link Posted: 10/5/2022 12:30:57 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote
All the tea I make is AZ tea.  You are tard.
Link Posted: 10/5/2022 12:37:04 AM EDT
[#31]
People.don't think the great reset be like it is but it do
Link Posted: 10/5/2022 12:38:15 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
They can't find people to hire because they demand specific skill sets, and offer shit wages
View Quote

We can’t even find some to train. All they would need is a desire to work and a willingness to learn.
Link Posted: 10/5/2022 12:40:38 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

We can’t even find some to train. All they would need is a desire to work and a willingness to learn.
View Quote

What if they also desire a paycheck?
Link Posted: 10/5/2022 12:47:55 AM EDT
[#34]
China is mostly in lockdown due to Covid . There goes your supply chain. We are also still dealing with random tariffs imposed because someone’s daughter couldn’t get a patent in china.
Link Posted: 10/5/2022 12:49:08 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

We can't even find some to train. All they would need is a desire to work and a willingness to learn.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

We can't even find some to train. All they would need is a desire to work and a willingness to learn.
My work is struggling as well. No requirements for 18 an hour.

I turned down a job offer because they are offering ~25% less for my skill set that they want
Link Posted: 10/5/2022 12:49:27 AM EDT
[#36]
Contrary to what politicians and some CEOs (not all) say, you can't shut down the world economy and flip a switch to have it back to normal overnight.
Link Posted: 10/5/2022 12:52:16 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote

The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy. It's that I just don't care.
Link Posted: 10/5/2022 12:53:59 AM EDT
[#38]
COV19 never started.  It's a cold.

Its manifestations are what conditioned and killed.
Link Posted: 10/5/2022 12:54:56 AM EDT
[#39]
We're all dead.
Link Posted: 10/5/2022 12:55:07 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

I turned down a job offer because they are offering ~25% less for my skill set that they want
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm open to a job that meshes with my DGAF attitude.

Not actively looking, but remaining open. Pay doesn't even have to be that good.
Link Posted: 10/5/2022 12:55:24 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Wife and I who are vaxed got fucked big time by it.
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/5/2022 12:55:34 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You get one those weather you want one or not.
Link Posted: 10/5/2022 1:32:57 AM EDT
[#43]
It's funny isn't it. I was on a business trip last week in Alameda and was sitting out in the hotel courtyard having dinner and a couple drinks. I overhear a couple guys asking this exact question - where the fuck is everyone? Nobody wants to work. I eavesdropped enough to hear that these guys were distributors for Grainger. They were saying they put out work wanted ads locally and online for decent wages in their area, they get no responses. If they get any, it's all older people. They were saying "the work ethic in this coming generation doesn't exist."

I wanted to ask how they voted but decided not to butt in. I heard all I needed to.
Link Posted: 10/5/2022 1:34:16 AM EDT
[#44]
the noon ormal.
Link Posted: 10/5/2022 1:35:41 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Make it $.99 again
Link Posted: 10/5/2022 1:36:38 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

All part of the plan.
From 2017 through 2019, everything was good.  The dems and the media shit all over Trump's presidency.  If you didn't listen to the propaganda on your TV or radio, you could see things were good.  The owners don't want that.  They turned the world to shit in 2020 to take back power.  They're back in power.  Really, things started turning to shit in the early 2000s.  Obama ramped it up.  Trumped reversed it.  The owners are back on course.
View Quote

By the way, I can't be the only one who remembers that right before Covid happened, right when Antifa and BLM were starting to riot places, there were some states and municipalities that wanted to make it illegal to wear a face mask in public.

Constitutionality aside, it was obvious that there were repeat offenders in all of these groups, hiding their identity in plain sight.

Boom, covid, now everybody wear your masks, and now we won't discuss why these leftist rioters are hiding their identity in public while destroying communities and threatening people
Link Posted: 10/5/2022 1:36:52 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote

At least on Long Island they're saying that more people died from it this past summer than in either of the previous two summers.

Link Posted: 10/5/2022 1:49:05 AM EDT
[#48]
Just like the developing world
Link Posted: 10/5/2022 2:03:16 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
A lot of people stopped working. It will only get worse as we go over the demographic cliff.
View Quote

Yeah, some of the older arfcommers will spend the next 20 years bitching about no one willing to work when there aren’t even people in existence to work.
Link Posted: 10/5/2022 2:04:36 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Part of Los Angeles still has a rent moratorium. They are discussing it this week. The tenets are fighting for more "protection" while the landlords want them out so they can attract paying customers. It's crazy.
View Quote

Rent control is still capped at 5%. Certain apartments can increase to 10% in 2023.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top