Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page General » Books
Site Notices
Posted: 8/26/2020 9:06:49 PM EDT
Just a heads up for those looking, Ian's final book in the series "Twilight of the gods" is coming out Sept 1! The other books in the series "Pacific Crucible" and "The Conquering tide" left off with the conclusion of the Marianas campaign.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07ZTSJGK8/ref=dp-kindle-redirect?_encoding=UTF8&btkr=1
Link Posted: 10/10/2020 4:33:38 AM EDT
[#1]
I enjoyed 6 frigates.

How do his pacific campaign books compare to hornfischer?
Link Posted: 10/13/2020 7:06:28 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I enjoyed 6 frigates.

How do his pacific campaign books compare to hornfischer?
View Quote

I think they felt similar and I greatly enjoyed both authors coverage of the Pacific. Both did well covering stories and events you don't usually hear about throughout their books. I have read and reread "Neptunes Infero" and "The fleet at flood tide" and both were very good in their own way (Neptunes inferno being more focused and with more individual stories).

I think you could read both of those and all three of Ian Tolls trilogy and not feel like you are boringly rereading anything.

Link Posted: 11/11/2020 6:52:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I think they felt similar and I greatly enjoyed both authors coverage of the Pacific. Both did well covering stories and events you don't usually hear about throughout their books. I have read and reread "Neptunes Infero" and "The fleet at flood tide" and both were very good in their own way (Neptunes inferno being more focused and with more individual stories).

I think you could read both of those and all three of Ian Tolls trilogy and not feel like you are boringly rereading anything.

View Quote

I agree with this statement.  Toll and Hornfischer are the only reason I've read naval history.  They do a very good job making it readable and interesting.  Many other books end up dull and boring which causes me to stop reading.
Page General » Books
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top