Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/24/2021 11:01:12 PM EDT
@GoatBoy

Any chance you could create a method to export your IM folder as an excel file or text file...or something... for archiving?

I'd like to archive quite a few IM's without sending them to my email. I've recently discovered that I'm now in that group of microsoft based emails that quit working and until I find another email option, I'm going to have to keep working with the same login email but I'd really like to dump a large number of IM's out of my account here to save for reference in the future.

Thanks
Link Posted: 2/20/2021 7:29:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/7/2021 1:44:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

The IM tool needs a LOT of work. This is definitely something we have looked at and can possibly move up the priority list, as it can be accomplished outside of the normal changes. I'll see what I can do to provide an ETA.
View Quote

Thanks for checking in. Hopefully it will get some notable improvements and maybe the microsoft email thing can get fixed too
Link Posted: 3/7/2021 4:41:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/7/2021 11:19:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I've actually been working on the archive piece and hopefully can have something sooner than later. Not sure what the Microsoft email thing is, unless it's referring to their ban on us, which I guess we should revisit.
View Quote

@Goatboy
If you take a look at the posts in this thread around page three:
https://www.ar15.com/forums/general/Do-not-use-any-microsoft-based-e-mail-accounts-/5-2312997/&page=3

...there appears to be some good info on what the problem maybe with Microsoft blocking emails from the site.
Link Posted: 3/14/2021 10:55:58 AM EDT
[#5]
My workplace is moving over to Amazon Email Service, from our own private email service.  It allows you to send emails from any domain that you own.  It is crazy cheap.  There are others as well... twilio, since AWS isn't the best option for gun folks.
Perhaps you could create a special domain for critical emails... like [email protected]
It would certainly be way less likely to get flagged than AR15.
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 12:08:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Check-in in to see if this is still on the radar.

Thanks
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top