Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/7/2020 6:55:21 PM EDT
Are used to build the case against me.  They made the statement that my civilian job makes me stand 48 hours a week and what I told the slimy cp was When we launch aircraft it sometimes takes 3 hours and I have to sit when I can because my feet hurt me and I am in pain for standing on the flight line.  Nobody stands on their feet 8 hours a day.  Then they said I got a foot exam when I went to a short school for the national guard.  Never happened.  I was on a profile for my back but they don't talk about that.  Lifetime member of the DAV and will take the sham letter to them next week.  Why is the VA full of incompetent people?
Link Posted: 3/8/2020 9:20:30 AM EDT
[#1]
Same happened to me for years and I kept sending it back arguing. Took about 7 years to see the appeals judge and to be honest he didn’t look at the facts either but took my wife’s testimony over everyone else as she was a trained emt. I found that odd but it was in my favor. The amount of logic hoops they jump through to deny is crazy but to be honest after reading lots of appeals the same happens from some justifying their claims. They ruined it for all of us I guess.
Link Posted: 3/8/2020 10:32:04 AM EDT
[#2]
It took me 11 years fighting with the VA to get anywhere. They originally rated me at 10%. I would go every few years for a rating adjustment. The DAV helped me get to 70%. I was stuck at the 70% until I was granted Social Security disability. Within a month of getting SSD, the VA changed my rating to 70% UI (100% rating pay).
Link Posted: 3/8/2020 2:12:31 PM EDT
[#3]
I am going to the DAV on Wednesday the only day in OKC they are open and show them the sham letter.  I didn't want to get a lawyer involved but I am almost out of options.  I was denied my tinnitus claim even though I was a helicopter mechanic for 20 years.  They said I had it but wasn't service connected.  I am going to fight that again since the crickets turned into cicadas in my head last Christmas.  Thanks for the information just don't want to be taken trying to get compensation.  The condition my feet are in I don't know how much longer I can go on standing on them every day working.
Link Posted: 3/8/2020 2:26:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Hire a lawyer

VSO can only fight so hard
compared to someone getting paid.
Link Posted: 3/9/2020 2:38:02 AM EDT
[#5]
They aren't incompetent. Their job is to string you along hoping you die before they have to pay you.
Link Posted: 3/13/2020 12:06:58 AM EDT
[#6]
Is DAV your claim rep?
Link Posted: 3/13/2020 10:14:55 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 3/16/2020 4:26:26 PM EDT
[#8]
At my last C&P exam the Doctor spent 50 minutes messing with his speech to text software. Then spent 5 minutes asking me questions and dismissed me. I got denied on everything. I filed a complaint with the white house line and they did nothing. VA closed the claim. I've been waiting for 8 months for my records from the VA which I requested via FOIA request. I have 4 months until my appeal limit is up. I despise the VA.
Link Posted: 3/18/2020 7:58:18 AM EDT
[#9]
OP when did you ETS?

what were you service connected for within 10 months of ETS?

THERE ARE RULES THAT MUST BE FOLLOWED

i GOT OUT IN 05 SERVICE CONNECTED TINNITUS

IN 2012 i GOT BRAIN CANCER  i HAD TO FIND A MEDICAL JOURNAL ARTICLE CLAIMING TINNITUS WAS OFTEN AN EARLY SYMPTOM OF MY CANCER TO WIN MY CASE
Link Posted: 3/30/2020 10:36:18 AM EDT
[#10]
I got out in 08.  I had severe headaches after returning from Afghanistan but did not go to the VA since I was told they couldn't help.  I should have gone and started my claims then but I waited until later on.  I was service connected with my headaches later and then another claim was approved that should have been more.  The medications they put me on for my bad headaches have had adverse affects on me over the years.  My health has suffered due to this and luckily my employer understands my headache situations and gives me time to recuperate or take time off when my head pains are so severe I can't keep working.  My tinnitus has increased over the years and the crickets have grown in intensity but no compensation.  Have to work on that.  Now with the Chinese virus the DAV has closed and more delays in getting help with filing appeals.
Link Posted: 3/31/2020 4:37:11 PM EDT
[#11]
Dude, it took me almost 9 years to beat the VA. I feel your pain. I had surgery while I was in service, filed a claim 6 months after I EAS'd and they still denied me for service connection. 18 months later, after an appeal, they gave me 0%. "Whoops, you were right. You were seen for this exact same issue while in service but it doesn't hurt you so 0%".

My second appeal lasted for 1,800 days.

It sucks. I can't offer you any advice other than to keep going. It felt like a full time job.
Link Posted: 4/1/2020 5:59:29 PM EDT
[#12]

OP,

My best advice is to get a lawyer that specializes in VA Claims.
Link Posted: 4/27/2020 7:55:12 PM EDT
[#13]
It took me ten years, with me already being in the system from the get-go.

The DAV helped me immensely.
Link Posted: 4/27/2020 9:47:56 PM EDT
[#14]
Thanks I will keep working on it tougher now the dav is not meeting due to the communist Chinese flu.
Link Posted: 4/29/2020 1:55:50 PM EDT
[#15]
Military disability made easy .com
Link Posted: 5/2/2020 10:48:08 PM EDT
[#16]
There are so many times this quote would apply in life, maybe here, too....

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. They may be more likely to go to Heaven yet at the same time likelier to make a Hell of earth. This very kindness stings with intolerable insult. To be "cured" against one's will and cured of states which we may not regard as disease is to be put on a level of those who have not yet reached the age of reason or those who never will; to be classed with infants, imbeciles, and domestic animals."

C.S. Lewis, God in the Dock: Essays on Theology (Making of Modern Theology)
Link Posted: 6/25/2020 8:54:12 AM EDT
[#17]
" Why is the VA full of incompetent people? " Because they hire Democrats who could not qualify for a real job as a medical professional!
Link Posted: 6/25/2020 9:00:04 AM EDT
[#18]
I am so sorry the system failed you brother get a lawyer file an appeal sue for back pay and medical malpractice I am no lawyer but I think you have a good sound case against them. The VA has been giving veterans a second chance to die for their country since the 1930s.corrupt and morally broken like most Democrats.
Link Posted: 7/25/2020 10:04:46 AM EDT
[#19]
I called a lawyer last week and filled out the paperwork to get started with him.  Friday I went to the office to drop off all my documents and sign where I needed to sign.  I will get the lawyer to start next week getting my appeals ready to file.  They will make about a year in back pay compensation for what I get.  I don't care.  Idiots said I am standing 48 hours a week on my job and that is why I have plantar fasciitis. I don't know who stands on their feet 48 hours a week when I only work 40 and definitely don't stand every minute while working.  Funny the doctor in Afghanistan said I had plantar fasciitis back in 2004. I may have been standing 48 hours a week then since we worked 12 hours a day 7 days a week.  Dam sure don't do that now. Thanks for the advice.
Link Posted: 7/25/2020 10:35:09 AM EDT
[#20]
You should have gone to a lawyer from the beginning, but at least you have one now.

I sympathize with you, but the VA is a bureaucracy, and they are not run on the say-so of veterans or their families, or even by doctors, but by a snarled mass of rules & regulations built up over decades.

You are going to learn from your lawyer that there is a "way" to package and present all of your evidence in such a manner that the bureaucrats will respond "correctly". It is going to seem counter-intuitive (it is), and the approach may even differ based upon the conditions you want re-assessed.

Your DAV rep may not have understood that, and you will be very lucky to find out that something you submitted before (which now forms an official part of your claims file), does not make it harder for you now.

If you walk up to a vending machine and say "give me a ham sandwich", you're not going to get anything. If you kick and scream and threaten the vending machine...it's still not going to give you a ham sandwich. But if you put in a crisp bill, punch in the digits for 'ham sandwich', and the vending machine does in fact contain ham sandwiches...you are much more likely to get a ham sandwich.

I'm not saying it's fair or just, but it's in the nature of the VA to be that way, so you've got to figure out the moves that will get them to respond correctly.
Link Posted: 8/4/2020 8:48:43 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 8/4/2020 9:06:29 AM EDT
[#22]
Living in a military town, I see a lot of "marginal" cases of disability.

The VA is just trying to manage.
Link Posted: 8/18/2020 6:46:33 PM EDT
[#23]
The DAV can help and if you have the Service Officer on your side he can solve ...issuses.... pretty quick too !
Good Luck ,
Link Posted: 8/18/2020 7:14:41 PM EDT
[#24]
GET A LAWYER.

Seriously. VA tried fucking me around too. Got a lawyer to rep my case and they unfucked it rather quickly.

Worth every penny (they get a portion of any backpay awarded).

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top