Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/21/2021 8:59:41 AM EDT
I have waffled in my beliefs all my life. I want to witness something that will shake me to my core. The stories that have come out of this place and other areas has piqued my curiosity in a way that is compelling me to seek out an experience for myself. It is more than curiosity, though; it has begun to feel like something I must do.

Ideally, I would love to have night vision and thermal and recording devices when I go. I haven’t done much research since acquiring that tech puts me about 2-3 years out at the earliest, I’m thinking. I don’t know if I would stay at a hotel and drive to places in the day or at night, or if I should plan to camp in the open somewhere if that is allowed. I would think there is public land where you can do so.

I figure the nature of the activity falls into one of a few scenarios broadly defined.

1. It’s all made up and everybody is lying or confused about what they’re seeing.

2. The activity is intra-dimensional and technology based.

3. The activity is inter-dimensional and all bets are off.

If the phenomena is real in the sense that we understand reality, then it must be some form of matter occupying space and at a minimum reflecting light back at us, possibly giving off a heat signature, perhaps even emitting some form of radiation, etc. which is why I would like to have some tech with me when I go. I don’t consider myself a man of science or anything. I would just be very interested if I experience something to have that validated by scientific instruments.

Am I overthinking this? Do I just need to go with nothing but a tent and see what happens? Feedback is appreciated by anyone who has been to the region. Of course, there is the fear of being killed by something that could never be explained, but how likely is that?
Link Posted: 6/21/2021 9:27:55 AM EDT
[#1]
Paranormal BS to "shake you to your core?"

Go to Pearl Harbor, or Normandy Beach, Gettysburg, Lexington and Concord, etc.
Link Posted: 6/21/2021 9:36:49 AM EDT
[#2]
What am I missing here?  They are just normal mountains.  Personally I think the Book Cliffs and Southern Utah are way prettier.
Link Posted: 6/21/2021 9:42:46 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Paranormal BS to "shake you to your core?"

Go to Pearl Harbor, or Normandy Beach, Gettysburg, Lexington and Concord, etc.
View Quote

Ok, boomer. I've been to Pearl Harbor. Just another place where humans killed each other.

I mean, if that's all there is to existence then fine; but I want to see something that points to beyond the human experience.
Link Posted: 6/21/2021 9:43:08 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
What am I missing here?  They are just normal mountains.  Personally I think the Book Cliffs and Southern Utah are way prettier.
View Quote

Are those areas known for paranormal activity?
Link Posted: 6/21/2021 9:44:14 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

Having lived there, I agree completely.
Link Posted: 6/21/2021 9:45:25 AM EDT
[#6]
I think it's likely you would go there and not experience anything out of the ordinary.  I think I've read that even researchers living on-site sometimes go months with nothing paranormal happening.  

Maybe look into one of the CE5 groups.  I know some (ahem, Steven Greer) charge exorbitant amounts of money, but I bet there are some free groups were your only costs are your personal expenses.  CE5 is Close Encounters of the Fifth Kind, which is human initiated contact with UFO's.  More and more serious UFO researchers are leaning toward an interdimensional (ie, spiritual) explanation for UFO's, and the CE5 movement seems to be gaining momentum.

Here is a video of a presentation one year after one of Greer's CE5 events where this guy (Mark Sims) claims to have had an extraordinary experience that continued after the event.   I found his presentation fascinating and a lot of it made sense.  He even says in the video that he doesn't know if the metaphysical reality he's describing is accurate, it's just what he was told.  

Mark Sims: ET Contact and Universal Consciousness

Link Posted: 6/21/2021 9:52:23 AM EDT
[#7]
I live here. Nothing paranormal.

You should probably try eating some mushrooms instead. That's a lot cheaper than flying out to UT. Strap on those NVGs and go for a ride without ever having to leave the comfort of your sofa.
Link Posted: 6/21/2021 9:56:09 AM EDT
[#8]
I have spent quite a bit of time in the Uintah's fishing, hiking, camping and have never experienced any para normal activity.  I have caught a lot of trout there.
Link Posted: 6/21/2021 9:56:09 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Are those areas known for paranormal activity?
View Quote

Not that I Know of, I have never heard of the Uintah's being known for paranormal activity either.
Link Posted: 6/21/2021 10:01:48 AM EDT
[#10]
There truly is something supernatural there on the South slope of the Uintas.
Elk were reported to be plentiful by Utah’s DWR, and witnessed by me many times in the summer, yet they mysteriously disappear come October. It’s as if they are guided by some supernatural force, unknown to us, protecting them.
Some say it’s migration, some say the DWR scatter the herds, or maybe the 4 wheelers driving everywhere all night the day before the opener scares them away.
But we looks to the skis and know.
Link Posted: 6/21/2021 10:10:36 AM EDT
[#11]
When my brother was alive, we used to go there and stay the summer in a tent. Never saw anything out of the ordinary, other than beautiful surroundings and big starry nights.  In my memory, I can still him with his campaign hat walking around out there. Nice place to go.
Link Posted: 6/21/2021 11:25:49 AM EDT
[#12]
Interesting. My understanding is that the Sherman ranch (Skinwalker ranch) is in that region and has a long history of lights in the sky and other phenomena like the unexplained cattle mutilations.

The Uintah region is very large so it is entirely believable that there are some people who have lived in a portion of it and never seen anything. I would want to concentrate my visit in the region known for activity. Perhaps, I should have specified that in my post but given the subforum this is posted in, I thought that would have been obvious.

Thank you for the responses.
Link Posted: 6/21/2021 1:02:31 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I have waffled in my beliefs all my life. I want to witness something that will shake me to my core. The stories that have come out of this place and other areas has piqued my curiosity in a way that is compelling me to seek out an experience for myself. It is more than curiosity, though; it has begun to feel like something I must do.

Ideally, I would love to have night vision and thermal and recording devices when I go. I haven’t done much research since acquiring that tech puts me about 2-3 years out at the earliest, I’m thinking. I don’t know if I would stay at a hotel and drive to places in the day or at night, or if I should plan to camp in the open somewhere if that is allowed. I would think there is public land where you can do so.

I figure the nature of the activity falls into one of a few scenarios broadly defined.

1. It’s all made up and everybody is lying or confused about what they’re seeing.

2. The activity is intra-dimensional and technology based.

3. The activity is inter-dimensional and all bets are off.

If the phenomena is real in the sense that we understand reality, then it must be some form of matter occupying space and at a minimum reflecting light back at us, possibly giving off a heat signature, perhaps even emitting some form of radiation, etc. which is why I would like to have some tech with me when I go. I don’t consider myself a man of science or anything. I would just be very interested if I experience something to have that validated by scientific instruments.

Am I overthinking this? Do I just need to go with nothing but a tent and see what happens? Feedback is appreciated by anyone who has been to the region. Of course, there is the fear of being killed by something that could never be explained, but how likely is that?
View Quote

You can rent NVGs/thermals then you can get out there faster and see some amazing nature. I do some camping/offroading there almost every year since 2001. Skipped last year.
Link Posted: 6/21/2021 1:43:53 PM EDT
[#14]
I've never seen anything weird in the Uintah Basin either. It's mostly just hype and while I'm sure weird things happen there too, weird things can happen anywhere.
Link Posted: 6/21/2021 8:15:54 PM EDT
[#15]
It’s a shit hole. Nothing to see.

The Mts are overrun in the summer. Better ranges to visit.
Link Posted: 6/21/2021 9:28:33 PM EDT
[#16]
If you can camp out somewhere close to Skinwalker ranch .
Link Posted: 6/21/2021 9:33:23 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I live here. Nothing paranormal.

You should probably try eating some mushrooms instead. That's a lot cheaper than flying out to UT. Strap on those NVGs and go for a ride without ever having to leave the comfort of your sofa.
View Quote

Yeah, pretty much this. The whole "Skinwalker Ranch" schtick, particularly the latest iteration on television is a complete joke.

Not saying that odd things haven't happened there in the past. Heck, they may be going on now. My point is this recent TV show is just another Oak Island type drama filled excursion to nowhere.  

Nothing of any consequence has happened on the show, not will it.

Don't waste your time.
Link Posted: 6/22/2021 8:58:06 AM EDT
[#18]
I think you should make the trip.

OP: go ahead and scratch that itch.  

Don’t let it become a regret.

There is only one way for you to truly know:  you have to visit personally.

At worst, you’ll have a great camping trip.
Link Posted: 6/22/2021 9:12:36 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

Shit at best its a great camping trip. At worst we're all wrong and there is some sort of extraterrestrial shit out there and he gets got.
Link Posted: 6/23/2021 11:03:36 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote

Seriously this. Last time I stayed in Vegas with the intent to take a day trip to the perimeter of Aera 51 as it's been a long time bucket list for me. Partied too much and had a heart scare which ruined those plans. Still regret not going.
Link Posted: 6/25/2021 12:30:39 PM EDT
[#21]
Get your nogs situated and you want to be acclimated to using them on a helmet mount setup. You would do well with a PVS14 on a helmet mount of your choice. You want to do some night hikes or walking around the neighborhood at night to get used to the setup. Get accustom for the focal lengths of the unit and to familiarize yourself with the controls of the mount. Training your eyes to merge the images and to get used to walking around with the focus at different distances.

I finally got my PS14 on a MTEK vented carbon fiber helmet with a Wilcox G24 mount. I’ve been hiking around the Hualapai mountains in Arizona for a while now with them. Supposedly a hot bed for UFO, skinwalker, dginn, missing 411 type hippy crap magic. No existential life crisis yet. But it sure is fun creepin’ in the darkness with zero light.
Link Posted: 6/27/2021 12:43:47 AM EDT
[#22]
I'm an American Indian with a white man's government "prove it" card.

Maybe I can help.

I'm kinda serious, but not all Indian nations welcome other tribal members like you might expect.

But, I would love to make this journey.

Link Posted: 6/27/2021 9:19:04 PM EDT
[#23]
I haven't read all of the posts, but if I were going to Utah to try to see a UAP I would hang out near Dugway Proving Grounds.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top