Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page General » SCUBA
Site Notices
Posted: 4/6/2021 8:50:40 PM EDT
Is this a common thing?

"I will NEVER do this again" - Cave Exploring and Freediving a Florida Spring Deep in the Earth

Link Posted: 4/6/2021 9:28:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/6/2021 10:35:54 PM EDT
[#2]
That's right up there on my "stupidest things I've ever heard list."
Link Posted: 4/6/2021 11:35:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Stupid.
Link Posted: 4/6/2021 11:39:29 PM EDT
[#4]
I’ve done it it’s a super huge tourist thing down in Cancun.
It’s pretty cool.
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 7:27:09 AM EDT
[#5]
That's Merritt's Mill Pond in the Florida panhandle.  Several drowned springs and caves were revealed during the drawdown.  Many were already well mapped by cave divers.
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 7:31:35 AM EDT
[#6]
I've done it in cenotes in Mexico. These were all extensively explored and were strung with lights. Still scary when you come to a wall and have to swim under... hopeful that there is an opening on the other side!

That said, someone had to go in there first.
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 10:24:46 AM EDT
[#7]
I just saw this today. It’s interesting to see Merrits Mill Pond dry. I used to dive Jackson Blue, Twin and the Washtub, way back when. The caves there are very pretty.
Page General » SCUBA
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top